hey UG , a friend who play bag pipe was asking me about maybe doing some rhythm stuff with him... his bag pipe is in the key of D major ... long story short i have to meet him some time next week and try to play something in dmajor and see if his bag pipe and guitar can work ... i dont have an acoustic so just electric
anyway yea am very tired atm so if anyone can list the chords in the key of "D" that would be great
"its not the destination.... so much as the journey" one once said
Quote by Marqway
anyway yea am very tired atm so if anyone can list the chords in the key of "D" that would be great

No. Put in the work or you'll never understand. Do you know how to construct a D major scale?
Nothing that is worthwhile in life will ever come easy.
Quote by soviet_ska
No. Put in the work or you'll never understand. Do you know how to construct a D major scale?

i thought it was my job to say things like that.

i agree with him, TS. but, as always, someone here will spoon feed the answers. and you'll have your answers, and you'll have no further use for this thread. but you still won't be able to get the chords you need should another situation like this arise (and believe me, it will).
Anfangen ist leicht, Beharren eine Kunst.
Quote by AeolianWolf
i thought it was my job to say things like that.

It really is, but this is the same guy who's had several threads devoted to his inner turmoil about being able to get better. I've gotten a little more gruff lately...I want to help anyone who asks, but this is just lazy.
Quote by soviet_ska
I've gotten a little more gruff lately.

that's how it starts. be wary, or you'll end up like me.
Anfangen ist leicht, Beharren eine Kunst.
Quote by AeolianWolf

Aye... it happens to the best of us.

I still remember back when I answered questions with long posts. Now I typically just make a joke and leave... or answer quick and let someone else (cause they will) explain better.
Quote by AeolianWolf

You know, you say that, but all I hear is: [evil] join me...and together we shall rule this forum with an iron fist! [/evil]
Quote by Marqway
hey UG , a friend who play bag pipe was asking me about maybe doing some rhythm stuff with him... his bag pipe is in the key of D major ... long story short i have to meet him some time next week and try to play something in dmajor and see if his bag pipe and guitar can work ... i dont have an acoustic so just electric

If you only want to know a trick and dont want to understand what you're doing then at least have the decency to google it instead of asking. That shows little respect.
If you really want to know HOW to harmonize a scale then this is the right place.

So it's up to you.
This thread!

He could have just googled it or just learnt it.
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
... good thing i'm not a tourist asking for directions around the area
lol@comments

D major scale i can construct major and minor chords from the major scale but dont know about other type chords i can get out of the scale just yet and thats what i was tryng to get some info on on this thread but nvm i'll figure it out
Last edited by Marqway at Sep 11, 2011,
Quote by deHufter
If you only want to know a trick and dont want to understand what you're doing then at least have the decency to google it instead of asking. That shows little respect.
If you really want to know HOW to harmonize a scale then this is the right place.

So it's up to you.

I didnt mean to sound like that ... (lazy/spoiled).... I had just gotten off work when i posted this thead n had school right before that and running on 4 hours of sleep the previous night... just wanted to post this thread up maybe, go to sleep wake up the next day hoping someone posted some tips .... and then get started on constructed major and minor chords

so yea I apologize If I sounded like that ...
Quote by Marqway
D major scale i can construct major and minor chords from the major scale

Well there ya go
What do you guys listen to when playing video games?
Quote by DemonicSamurai

Quote by T3hdude

Men fapping.

Sorry, didn't realize I was that loud.

I'll be leaving your closet now.