Page 1 of 2
Hey, THEPIT, I was just in the 9/11 topic and it brought up a question I've never thought about before. It's still hurting my brain trying to figure it out, so how about you guys help me?

Suppose an attack of terrorism is made on a country and that country decided to retaliate. Considering they've got a bit of honor and don't nuke the whole damn place, how does a country go about fighting back? What do they attack? Do they tell the other country that they should put some soldiers out to fight each other? Do they barge into the capital and shit in the leader's fish tank?

I know a lot of you are nationally recognized warlords, so fill me in, please!
Quote by Saint78
The occupy small outposts I believe.

And do what when they get there? Eat their food?
Quote by SecondCivilWar
And do what when they get there? Eat their food?

Acquire resources, make a game plan, capture vital forts/buildings/cities, use leverage to take over city containing enemy leader, win.
you're a stone fox
This isn't a country's government committing the attack is it? If it's just a small cell, gather intelligence and commence behind the scenes operations against them. No need for invasion right?
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: Gabriel Fauré

You throw like a girl. A girl who is great at baseball and has a fiery passion for the sport.
Last edited by Wolfinator-x at Sep 9, 2011,
Well clearly the only option is to invade until you get the result you want... or your term ends and drop it on someone else.

Quote by Wolfinator-x

OH MY GOD that is the greatest f*cking thing i`ve ever seen!
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
Last edited by bass-man9712 at Sep 9, 2011,
You don't fight back. It's an act of terrorism, not an attack by a different country, the difference being the government didn't order it. Not every punch requires a punch back, especially when we're hitting someone who didn't throw the punch in the first place. Terrorism is far more sensitive than destroy them all.

Honestly, the best thing to do is to work with a nation's government. This does get tricky and this is the reason we're in Afghanistan now hunting the Taliban. The Taliban wanted to protect Al Qaeda and specifically bin Laden, the reason we invaded was to overthrow the Taliban, and we're there now trying to remove them completely running a hearts and minds campaign against them. Hearts and minds is all you can do as killing will create more people who hate you and hate feeds the terrorists.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
Quote by Wolfinator-x
(Invalid img)

That made me laugh, and then I realized I was a terrible person, darn you
Honestly, the best thing to do is to work with a nation's government. This does get tricky and this is the reason we're in Afghanistan now hunting the Taliban. The Taliban wanted to protect Al Qaeda and specifically bin Laden, the reason we invaded was to overthrow the Taliban, and we're there now trying to remove them completely running a hearts and minds campaign against them. Hearts and minds is all you can do as killing will create more people who hate you and hate feeds the terrorists.

PLus a billion.
this thread includes the best gif ever

“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Music is a universal language and it need not be translated, with it soul speaks to soul.
Quote by Wolfinator-x

quoted again. I laugh at this harder each time I see it.
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
We retaliated in a way that successfully radicalized the Muslim world, playing the role of bin Laden's sole indispensable ally. We should have apprehended the suspected criminals (ie not murder them without a trial) and taken steps to prevent further terrorist attacks without simultaneously attacking the privacy of citizens. We didn't need to "retaliate," so to speak.

EDIT: And that gif is amazing.
Last edited by due 07 at Sep 10, 2011,
Quote by Zoot Allures
You try to find out the reason it has happened and sort that out, and work with the government of the country if possible. Do you think it would be right for America to bomb Canada if a few canadian people did 9/11?

Do I get Tim Horton's out of it >_>
Quote by tayroar

I've never seen a gun do anything but stop hearts and minds.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Back off Zoot dawgs. He's in the right here and has said nothing worth attacking him over. Damn. You'd think he was Fassa or Ethan H. Anus

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Quote by SteveHouse
Do I get Tim Horton's out of it >_>
I've never seen a gun do anything but stop hearts and minds.

I've used a pistol to hammer nails once.
Quote by spitonastranger
Something perfect came from this thread and I'm not sure i want it diminished with zoot antics.

He hasn't done anything wrong
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Quote by Zoot Allures
It's at the point where my sheer presence is upsetting people >_>

You've become the opposite of Ethan. I don't agree with either of you hardly ever, although you don't get on my nerves much.
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Quote by Zoot Allures
It's at the point where my sheer presence is upsetting people >_>

You presented an idea that isn't too "out there" in a perfectly respectful, unobtrusive manner.
I like zoot but his presence generally signals contentious debate. This thread is pants and doesn't deserve that level of discussion. A hillarious gif was posted and the forum would be the better if the thread merely stood as a monument to it.

Sorry Zoot
The only thing that'll get this thread back on track is if Ethan comes in and says something outrageous.
Quote by due 07
The only thing that'll get this thread back on track is if Ethan comes in and says something outrageous.

We can only hope.

Quote by spitonastranger
I like zoot but his presence generally signals contentious debate. This thread is pants and doesn't deserve that level of discussion. A hillarious gif was posted and the forum would be the better if the thread merely stood as a monument to it.

Sorry Zoot

I still hope ethan haus turns up so things can really get going, but untill then there's not much debate going on here. :3
Quote by spitonastranger
This thread is pants

WILL YOU PEOPLE FUKKEN FIGURE OUT IF PANTS IS A GOOD OR A BAD THING ALREADY

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

EDIT: Figured I'd get this party started

If only it was as easy as "hey, could you guys grab those terrorists that attacked our country and offer them a fair trial?" I'm not saying that America invading Afghanistan countries was a good thing. I'm saying, what were our other options? Had we asked for Afghanistan's assistance in capturing Bin Laden would we have ever captured him? Yes, I know it took 10 years, that's not the point though.

I think had we not invaded the middle east we'd all be complaining about how we took no action to seek retribution for the attacks on the world trade center and how Afghanistan is harboring criminals in their country.

Take it easy on me, it's 3 am.

BTW, I think we invaded Iraq because Bush was too drunk on power, underestimated Al-Qaeda, and thought we could rid the world of terrorism, im not justifying this.
Just a sub-par guitar player..

Quote by darkstar2466
Let's make this the Pit's motto:

"Forever alone, together"

IS THIS FREEDOM, OR CONFINEMENT?! FREE MOSCOE_ESPANOL!!!
Last edited by son_of_bodom at Sep 10, 2011,
Quote by Wolfinator-x

You're a genius Wolfy. Now marry me and let's make clever babbies.

In an act of terrorism you should try to work with the country that the terrorists hail from to sort out the problem. The only time I see it being acceptable to actually take defensive action against the other country is that if they're aiding the terrorists.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
As mentioned, hearts and minds is important. You try to work with foreign nations to quell terrorist groups. You DON'T go terrorizing other countries, establish an oppressive regime, and open fire on any one that gets within 20 feet from you, loiters for a bit, or walks in a group of a dozen people or more.
An act of terrorism generally isn't committed by a nation-state which makes retaliation difficult. Invading somewhere isn't a good plan.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
Quote by Basti95

You're a genius Wolfy. Now marry me and let's make clever babbies.

Erm :S
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: Gabriel Fauré

You throw like a girl. A girl who is great at baseball and has a fiery passion for the sport.
Page 1 of 2