I have a Jackson DKMG that i got for $300 and plan on salvaging it because after having it for 5 months of playing it, I grew a hate towards floyd roses and emg actives...

I'm selling the EMGs for $150 and everything else for $200 so I can buy my friend's ltd h-1001nt with sd custom 5 and jazz.

should I sell the guitar or keep it? I dislike the floyd and the lack of versatility.
knowing it's a $850 guitar without any fret or knife edge ware, should I sell it?
???
If you hate it, then sell it. Don't see the problem.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus
Jackson King V
Jackson Kelly
Handmade Gibson Les Paul
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100/JCM900 1960 Lead cab
I find it an extremely versatile guitar. I can play almost anything on it. Swap the pickups if you don't like them, and block the trem.
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
Quote by Koshman32
I find it an extremely versatile guitar. I can play almost anything on it. Swap the pickups if you don't like them, and block the trem.

I'd say this. You could look into getting new pickups and buying a "tremol-no" to block the trem. You dont need a tremol-no, but it's way easier to block & unblock than a piece of wood.
NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
You are epic my friend ;-)
Quote by RU Experienced?
At this point I'd be more surprised if you found me a Christian children's entertainer that didn't sodomize and eat kids.
Quote by W4RP1G
I dont' see you getting $150 for used EMGs.

L&M would have gave me $160 for my used ones.
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
Quote by Koshman32
L&M would have gave me $160 for my used ones.

Well, go for it then. I got a set with the pots and everything for $100 shipped used on eBay, and I wasn't even trying. If you can get $160, you should do it before they reconsider!
Quote by W4RP1G
Well, go for it then. I got a set with the pots and everything for $100 shipped used on eBay, and I wasn't even trying. If you can get $160, you should do it before they reconsider!

+1 i picked up a pair (81/81) with pots, jack, battery clip, etc. for like $100 on ebay too not to long ago just like w4rpig did.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/