Can I run the Roland Juno-G keyboard with a keyboard cord into the input of my little 10 watt ibanez practice amp without damage?? Just for low volume practice? The reason I ask is because the first keyboard I had, although it was a junker was fried by my friend who ran it out of his bass guitar amp...he did have it at full volume and was just mashing keys, we don't know how it fried, but after the jam session it just wouldn't turn back on and I don't want that to happen again.

Also I won't be able to buy a keyboard amp for a while will it be okay for me to run the keyboard out of our PA, it's a behringer single speaker with a build in mixer three inputs,
link to PA
This is our PA, I just want to know if it's okay to run the keyboard from 1/4" jack into the PA same jack, and would it be okay to run a mike on that same channel as there would be a open mic slot
Danelectro 1959 reissue

Quote by G.Krizzel
Music is just wiggly air. Accept it or leave it.

Also please visit this thread and help me tab out an album!!!
thread.
You can definitely run it through the PA no problems. The guitar amp isn't built to handle the really low frequencies, so if you blast the amp and mash keys you might break something, but at low volumes it'd be fine
Quote by ThinLizzyFan
I love you

Who's in a bunker?
Who's in a bunker?
Women and children first
And the children first
And the children
You always run the keyboards through the PA. I have a small PA for my keyboards (when I say small, a Behringer single rack unit mixer into a 1000W PA amp into two 15" Laney PA speakers ) but that's just for monitoring. The main output of my mixer still goes into the main PA, It's the sound guy's job to look after FOH so he needs it through the PA. Your kb amp is just so you can hear it on stage over the drums - just like you're supposed to run a guitar amp.
You can use your little guitar amp for practice but be aware, your keyboard pumps out line level so you'll have to keep the kb volume down a fair way or it will distort like crazy. And watch those bass frequencies. Don't crank the amp too loud or the bass lines will destroy the speaker. Otherwise you'll be fine.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
You always run the keyboards through the PA. I have a small PA for my keyboards (when I say small, a Behringer single rack unit mixer into a 1000W PA amp into two 15" Laney PA speakers ) but that's just for monitoring. The main output of my mixer still goes into the main PA, It's the sound guy's job to look after FOH so he needs it through the PA. Your kb amp is just so you can hear it on stage over the drums - just like you're supposed to run a guitar amp.
You can use your little guitar amp for practice but be aware, your keyboard pumps out line level so you'll have to keep the kb volume down a fair way or it will distort like crazy. And watch those bass frequencies. Don't crank the amp too loud or the bass lines will destroy the speaker. Otherwise you'll be fine.

I clicked to your site, and those amps are so sick, you should post some of the sounds up on youtube or elsewhere. I would definately buy that Jack Daniels one if I had the ability. But seriously, keep it up.

Thanks to everyone for the answers!

Out of curiosity how much are you selling the JD Marshall for???
Danelectro 1959 reissue

Quote by G.Krizzel
Music is just wiggly air. Accept it or leave it.

Also please visit this thread and help me tab out an album!!!
thread.
Last edited by 801Current at Sep 10, 2011,
Thanks. $650 Au + postage. The one on my site is sold. I have almost finished the next one but my soldering iron blew up.

This is where it's up to:

PS: It's an accurate clone of the normal channel of an 18W Marshall. You know what an 18W Marshall sounds like? That's what it sounds like.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification