so i'm trying to sell my lefty RG, ive tried craigslist three times, with and without pictures, different titles, prices and ive gotten zippo. should i bother with ebay? i dont know how to do it but is it worth it? or should i pawn it or sell it to a guitar shop? along with a few pedals!
-Gibson SG Faded
-Ibanez RG5EX1L
-Custom Upside-Down Strat
-Modded Epiphone LP
-Fender Acoustic
*Marshall DSL15H
>Ibanez TS9
>MXR Micro Flanger
>Boss TU-3
>Danelectro Vibe
>Guyatone ST-2 Comrpessor
i'd ebay it if craigslist didn't work.

stores really don't want used lefty guitar sadly.

except maybe southpaw.

edit: i'd also list it on harmony central, rigtalk, here on UG and anyplace else i could think of.

good pics are a must, plenty of them.
Last edited by gregs1020 at Sep 10, 2011,
ebay's fees are so damn expensive though, that is why i go cross forum usually, as gregs said, you have HC, Rig Talk, if you contribute to TGP, you can list there, but if they are cheaper guitars TGP may not bite, as a lot of the people on there buy and trade boutique and moreso high end gear,
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
how much do you think Long&McQuade would give me for it?
$430 new in the states, close to $500 new in canada. they give you 80% of what they sell it for, how much do you guys think?
-Gibson SG Faded
-Ibanez RG5EX1L
-Custom Upside-Down Strat
-Modded Epiphone LP
-Fender Acoustic
*Marshall DSL15H
>Ibanez TS9
>MXR Micro Flanger
>Boss TU-3
>Danelectro Vibe
>Guyatone ST-2 Comrpessor
try kijiji, i don't know about vancouver, but around here hardly anyone uses craigslist, they use kijiji instead
GENERIC SIGNATURE
Quote by dylan08
try kijiji, i don't know about vancouver, but around here hardly anyone uses craigslist, they use kijiji instead

This^.

Canada Uses Kijiji.
ebay is so expensive, especially if you get caught up in paypal fees as well.

part exchange is the best option imo if that's what you are after. i just got 80% of what i paid for a deluxe fender strat 3 years ago against a new custom shop strat, which i thought was a reasonable deal.
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix
for what the guitar is worth, pass on ebay. thats too much grief for your profit.

if you can afford to sit on it for a while, wait until christmas toy adds start coming up. people will pay a slight premium at christmas time.

otherwise, post it on craigslist and kijiji for about 65% of what it was new (less if its damaged in any way). guitar depreciate fast, so don`t count on getting $400 for it... put up lots of pictures that show the guitar and make it look as possible. also post any stats and even a link to the manufacturers page (for parents who don`t want to get jipped)
Advertise online as much as possible like youtube here and any other guitar forum site with private messaging
15 years old playing 4 years and no lessons. Guitars:Schecter C-1 Hellraiser, Epiphone Les Paul Standard. Amps:Peavey 6505+ head, Peavey Classic 50 combo, Peavey audition 110. Effects:IbanezTS-9, Dunlop535qwah, BossMT-2. YouTube A7Xguitarplayer0272
Dont take it to a pawn shop, because for lets say a $100 item, they'll buy it from you for like 30 bucks and sell it for like 60 or 70 so they can make a profit
"It's not about who has the biggest stick, it's about how hard you can swing it"