I'm trying to decide what 7 string I want. Either an ibanez rg7321 or a schecter omen 7. I've never owned anything more than a 6 string and I was just wanting some opinions on these guitars.
An RG7321 is a pretty good first 7 string. I like mine. It's probably better quality than the schecter
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD M-200FM w/Tone Zone + PAF Pro
Ibanez RG7321
Digitech Whammy IV
Digitech GSP1101
Furman M-10 LxE
Peavey 6505
ISP Decimator
those are the same two 7 strings i was choosing between..haha

anyways..im planning on getting the ibanez because i like the feel of ibanez's necks better and ibanez are like the leaders in 7 strings..hah
I love my RG 7 string. The Ibanez thin neck with the extra width for the 7th string mack the neck extremely comfortable.
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
RG 7321 is going to be recomended all over da place, and theres like 3 on the wall at my samash (want)

but if u live in the states check out rondomusic.com
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
Get a used Made in Japan RG7421/RG761 instead. Much better bang for your buck. They're great guitars, and will last you a while as they're a good modding guitar also. A pickup switch and you're in business!
Join the 7 String Legion!

RG7420 with Dimarzio Crunchlab + Liquifire set
Peavey Vypyr 75 with Sanpera I
Digidesign Eleven Rack
Sennheiser HD280 headphones
Behringer FCB1010 with EurekaProm

Call me Eddy
Out of those 2 I would definetly go for the RG. The first 7 I owned was a 7321 and it was a great guitar. Plus I'm not a huge Shecter fan, the necks feel like i'm holding a tree trunk IMO. And i hate to be the guy that suggest other guitars that you didn't mention, but have you considered LTD. They have a couple really good 7s. They have the sc-207 which is pretty cheap, cheaper than the RG, or if you wanted to pay a little more than the RG they have the MH-417. I've owned both of these and LOVED both.
Get a used RG7621 or RG7421 somewhere on eBay. They'll do you much better.

... Out of curiosity, what's your budget?
7 STRING LEGION

Damned Icon - Invictus

Quote by SYLrules88
im not very good with that harmonic thing. i get them to match perfectly then i play a chord and it sounds like hellen keller singing

Music Man
PRS
Mesa Boogie
I quite like my RG7321. I put in Dimarzios and it's pretty awesome.

I would say just try them both. Pick whichever you prefer.
Divider (Prog/Ambient Metal)

Guitars:
LTD TE-202
Schecter Sunset Extreme
Ibanez RG7321 w/ Crunch Lab & LiquiFire
Tanglewood Acoustic
Epiphone Acoustic (The Junker)
Not trying to be a fan boy, but finding a used rg7620 or 7420 would a be much better deal and a much better guitar. Mine was 400 nearly mint but you could probably find one for about 100 cheaper.
Honk
I just bought my second seven string. The first one was well over 10 years ago, with was a cheap Schecter when Schecter was just getting into the market. After market parts were insanely rare, and the guitar was a turd and I traded it for a 4X12 cab at the time.

Yesterday, I picked up an Ibanez Apex 2 off eBay. My recommendation is go used as you can get more bang for your buck. A new Ibanez RG7321 costs $400 new. I picked up a like-new Apex 2 for $520 off eBay.

That's my biggest recommendation. Look around, figure out your budget. Check out Agile's line of guitars as a lot of people enjoy their Interceptor and Septim series as well. I don't prefer floyd roses, so I didn't go with them.
I got my first 7 (RG-7321) a couple days ago, and I love the hell out of it.
Last edited by Mister A.J. at Sep 11, 2011,
Quote by Zacky_Gates
those are the same two 7 strings i was choosing between..haha

anyways..im planning on getting the ibanez because i like the feel of ibanez's necks better and ibanez are like the leaders in 7 strings..hah

Ibanez are not even close to being the leaders in 7 string.

What budget are you working with here? RG7321 is the standard to suggest, but if your budget allows it, you can do much, much better than the 7321.
Schecter Hellraiser C7 FR/Bareknuckle Cold Sweat/Liquifire
Godin A12 - For Sale
1991 EBMM Silhouette
Emperor 2x12

7+>6, ERG Legion

Like going fast?
If you go with the RG7321 and decide to go used, from what I've read, the ones built in Japan are of the best build quality, followed by Korea, and then Indonesia in last place. They're currently built in Indonesia, so if you buy new, that's where it's coming from. Just an FYI.
Both of those 7s will need new tuners and pickups to be enjoyable (imo). Look for something used, 7421/7621 would be great. If you can find one of the old Schecter 007 guitars they sound HUGE. A used ESP ltd H-307 could be had for that price as well.
Thanks guys! I have about a $400 budget and I have defenatly ruled out the schecter. There's a local guitar store with a rg7321 so I'm gonna try it out soon and if I don't like it then I'll try to find some used ibanez's or ltd's. Thanks for the help!