Page 1 of 3
tonight i had a short conversation with my favorite band, I was talking to one of the guitarists. i could never find any of their songs on ultimate guitar so i asked him about it and he emails me the guitar pro files for all the songs off his newest album.

any of you ever talked to your favorite band and what did you talk about?
ಠ_ಠ
i ran into the singer and drummer of august burns red after a show they did and we chatted for a solid 20 minutes. it was pretty awesome, they were really cool guys
My sig? Nice.
I met Bruce Springsteen and he talked to the small group I was with for 2 or 3 hours before one of his concerts in 2002. He basically talked about the songs and gave us a full on stage and back stage tour. He is one of the nicest people, famous or not, that I have ever met.
Last edited by in2thesun88 at Sep 10, 2011,
I got to hang out backstage with Molotov Solution, Conducting from the Grave, and The Tony Danza Tapdance Extravaganza once for an entire show. Not my favorite bands, but those guys are fucking awesome to chill with.

Periphery played a free house show in Houston earlier this year, they hung out with all the fans and bro'd it up.

Can't say I've ever hung out with my favorite bands, though.
I've traded emails with the drummer/co singer of Lemuria. And Myspace messages with Joey Erg.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by element4433
I've traded emails with the drummer/co singer of Lemuria. And Myspace messages with Joey Erg.

Jelly.
Yeah, I've talked to a few. I used to sleep backstage at the Fillmore when I was a kid while my dad cracked stupid jokes with bands. I was too young to be embarrassed. Later, small venues with small smoking areas have given me many opportunities.

One of my favorite bands is the Sick. The vocalist, Tony, was in the same rehab I was in (years before I was, but still) and worked at the aftercare program I was in. It was a trip.
Last edited by MakinLattes at Sep 10, 2011,
Yep, I've had full on conversations with Chris Letchford and Travis Levrier of Scale the Summit.

They came to my city when they were touring with The Human Abstract, to this small as hell venue. Like 100 people at the most.

Whilst we were waiting around outside, Travis just comes walking out. Notices my friend and I are both wearing StS shirts, so he stops and talks to us for like 20 minutes.

After that, Chris comes out. Talk to him as well.. Then later, as they're setting up, we casually got to talk to Chris as he's tuning/preparing to play.

I also got to talk to their drummer for a few minutes at their merch table.

Felt amazing.
I always hang out with Fred Mascherino (formerly of Taking Back Sunday)

Dude's rad as hell, and I've chilled with him at like 3 different times

and I know most of the dudes from The Bled pretty well
Quote by jetfuel495
^Fun fact, some of, if not all of, the guys from Scale the Summit graduated from my high school. Lived in the same suburbs as me and all that.

Then they moved into Houston so they could be closer to where all the shows were and all that.

That's so awesome. I have a somewhat similar story.

The singer of a band that's gaining some popularity here on the upper east coast, Prospect Hill, has been friends with my mother and aunt since they were teenagers. Name's Adam Fithian, cool dude. It's weird how me & my mom went to go see KoRn last year, and Prospect Hill was opening.. Had never heard of them, but the second he got on stage, my mom recognized him and we talked to him after. They went to school together.

My mom isn't even 40 so it's a little different than most, I'm sure most who know I've been to concerts with my mother go
Ive had an conversation with Phil X about pickups. And i also got an happy birthday note om my birthday
Man do I want to have a chat with the guys at YB (Yoon Band), the Foos and Paul Gilbert. And maybe familyjules7x.
I took a piss next to the guy from the Prodigy. He made a remark about Scottish people being around, and I said nothing.

One time I met Allan Holdsworth with my guitar teacher. I kept quiet but my teach ended up gibbering about how Allan might die soon. It was kinda weird.
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
Last edited by TheBurningFish at Sep 10, 2011,
My girlfriend and I got to talk to Marilyn Manson for about 5 minutes. I've hung out with Shiny Toy Guns for a little bit. They played a free very intimate show in Universal City, and were kind of just hanging out with everybody there. I've met AFI, but I didn't get to say much. Same for Claudio Sanchez of Coheed and Cambria. Though that latter case, I was just too starstruck to form coherent sentences. Coheed is my favorite band of all time. I'm very good friends with the band Ana Kefr. I almost met Emilie Autumn, but I had to leave before I got the chance to. My girlfriend used to be very close to Amanda Palmer of The Dresden Dolls. I've met Eyes Set to Kill a couple times, and on one occasion chatted with Alexia for a little while. We talked about her new solo album (this was before it came out).

I think that's it. My life goal is to meet/talk to Trent Reznor. I don't think that's very likely though.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
I talked to Marc Okubo for 10 good minutes after a show in Philly. He is a very nice person. All of Veil of Maya was pretty approachable. They were all cool dudes.
Quote by Offworld92
My life goal is to meet/talk to Trent Reznor. I don't think that's very likely though.

I could die happy if I could do that. Even just to shake his hand, once.
Quote by TheAbsentOne
I could die happy if I could do that. Even just to shake his hand, once.

He's definitely one of my favorite musicians/greatest inspirations.

EDIT: Kezia! ****. Yes. Dude.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Last edited by Offworld92 at Sep 10, 2011,
Quote by Offworld92

I've been a huge fan of his for a few years now, much more since I saw him in '08 on the Lights in the Sky tour. That was when I really realized he was a genius.
The Lights in the Sky tour was the first show I ever went to. Simply amazing. I'm so happy that I got to see them at least once before he stopped touring.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
The Lights in the Sky tour was the first show I ever went to. Simply amazing. I'm so happy that I got to see them at least once before he stopped touring.

It was my second, and easily one of the best I've ever been to.

Yeah, it's great to be able to say you've seen NIN live. I really hope someday Reznor will bring NIN back to tour.. Maybe after he tours with HTDA.
Quote by in2thesun88
I met Bruce Springsteen and he talked to the small group I was with for 2 or 3 hours before one of his concerts in 2002. He basically talked about the songs and gave us a full on stage and back stage tour. He is one of the nicest people, famous or not, that I have ever met.

Famous celebrity musician talks about himself for 2 - 3 hours to a group of hardcore fans.

(Invalid img)

Coolest guy I've ever met.
return 0;

Quote by jsync
And I've eaten at some of Australia's best pizzerias.

SOUNDCLOUD
. com / fancy-elle
I once had a drink with Lemmy outside a pub around the back of the Manchester Apollo theatre.

I was dying to ask him all sorts of questions, but another guy who knew him said not to because he hates that and just likes people to treat him like a regular guy having a beer.
Quote by TheAbsentOne
It was my second, and easily one of the best I've ever been to.

Yeah, it's great to be able to say you've seen NIN live. I really hope someday Reznor will bring NIN back to tour.. Maybe after he tours with HTDA.

I can see him doing an acoustic tour when he's older. Which I would definitely attend, except that if/when he comes back, it'd most likely be one of those things where tix sell out in under 5 minutes.

I really don't like HTDA.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
I got to have a cigarette with Andy Hull from Manchester orchestra and Kevin Devine once.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by Offworld92
I can see him doing an acoustic tour when he's older. Which I would definitely attend, except that if/when he comes back, it'd most likely be one of those things where tix sell out in under 5 minutes.

I really don't like HTDA.

It's different. I like 2 things off the short album, but I don't even have the rest.. I kinda shrugged it off.

I should really give it another go. Been a few months now..

I would hope that tickets wouldn't sell out

I'd hate to never get another chance to see him with NIN, in any form.
i had a few-minute talk with Jeff Waters after one of his promotion tour preformances for Epiphone. nice guy
Met the current line-up of Fear Factory, but was too starstruck to have a proper conversation. They just sort of came out of the venue after soundchecks and said "Hey Dude."
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
I've met the guys from King's X several times - coolest, friendliest, most down to earth people around.

Michael Schenker is one of my all-time favorite guitarists. I met him once - What a douchebag!
I'd like to help, but not as much as I'd like not to.

"To be successful, you need to be a good musician. To be popular, you just need to be fashionable" - Ritchie Blackmore
Spoke to Paul Masvidal of Cynic for a few hours before a gig they played in Dublin, about Cynic, and absolute random crap. He is the nicest guy.
Bumped into Troy Sanders of Mastodon in HMV in Dublin, but he seemed pretty hungover and not happy, so I didn't stay long.
And... I met Frederik Akesson before an Opeth gig, and mid set he recognised me and handed me a pick after he played Hope Leaves...
Met Christian Andreau of Gojira outside of a gig, and spoke to him about the set they were gonna play - and I asked him to play 'Esoteric Surgery', to which he said it was too hard and they hadn't rehearsed it in a few weeks. Really nice guy, not a lot of English, but still, a happy guy.

I've met loads more artists, but I'd usually leave them alone - I'd take a picture and say hi and leave them be, but the Paul Masvidal story is amazing. He just hung out ouside of the venue and spoke to the 6 fans who were waiting.. (It was about 8 hours before the gig... )
I've spoken with Josh Heinrichs on facebook a fair few times. He's a really cool guy, sent me signed CDs in the mail
Quote by the_white_bunny
your just a simpleton that cant understand strategy apparently.

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles
ive met the guitarist of this local band several times (link)
the one playing the sg, hes really badass and let me hold his custom guitar he was telling me about, he also invited me to play with them several times but never took him up, maybe next time....
MIM Fender Strat
Ibanez AE series acoustic
Washburn Semi Hollow loaded with Di-Marzios
Main Street LP
Tama drum set
Marshall Blues-breaker 2
VOX V847 Wah
Fender Princeton chorus
I've had a couple email replys from Alex Webster, I don't know if that counts as a conversation, but it was cool as shit none the less.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
Quote by in2thesun88

jealous
Quote by in2thesun88

I met him after a show in 2009. I got quite the same impression. Didn't talk to him as long (not even close), but it was an extremely cold night and the last one of the tour. He didn't need to do that, but he spent a good half hour with us.
Page 1 of 3