D|-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
A|-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
F|-9-----9-----11---12------14-------12---11-----9-----7----7------9-----11---|
C|---5-----5------7----9-------10-------9-----7-----7-----7----7------7-------7---|
G|-----7-----7-----------10-------12------------9-----9----------9------9----------|
D|-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
...........................................................................................................

i want to know what its called
Last edited by Citrus Burst at Sep 10, 2011,
Any videos? Or a song? Might help us figure it out rather than a tab. Could be alternate picked, down picked, sweep picked...

EDIT: ^ and that
its from the song empty inside by all that remains. its played realy fast but someone has told me it was triplets. but i don't think so
It's not a technique and I'm rather sure they're not triplets either. It's just a riff.
E:-6
B:-0
G:-5
D:-6
A:-0
E:-3
Quote by Citrus Burst
its from the song empty inside by all that remains. its played realy fast but someone has told me it was triplets. but i don't think so
No technique, just a palm muted riff. I checked the tab and yeah, it's pretty fast. Not easy to play.
Quote by Citrus Burst

It's not in triplets, they're just straight 16th or 8ths.

It is worth saying right now: a technique does not imply a series of notes and neither is a series of notes a technique. You need to separate the notes from the techiques. By notes I mean both pitch and duration, a triplet isn't a technique at all, it is a musical idea which is entirely separate from the physical motions you may perform to get such an effect.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.