Page 1 of 2
Just found out Jackson announced these new guitars:

http://www.jacksonguitars.com/en-IT/products/search.php?partno=2916312503 (500&euro
http://www.jacksonguitars.com/en-IT/products/search.php?partno=2916320503 (600&euro

I used to have a RR3 (700&euro and it was a great guitar, but I didn't like the Floyd Rose (I'm a rhythm player) and the bolt-on neck. Now for 200€ less I can get the same guitar but with a fixed bridge and neck through construction... awesome! The pickups are Duncan designed instead of original Seymour Duncan, but they are still good and can be upgraded later. I think I'll order the RRXT from Thomann as soon as it will be available.

What do you think?
Not a fan of Jackson either, but I know a few people who are, and they will be very happy that Jackson has more neck through/ fixed bridge guitars. That's the main thing that's been missing from their lineup.

EDIT: Just saw that RR with 24 frets and 2 pickups... those are going to sell like hotcakes. They've needed that addition to their lineup forever.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Last edited by Offworld92 at Sep 10, 2011,
Im not a fan of dean/jackson/esp or anthing in the heay metal genre tbh because thats not the sort of thing i play but it seems like a great deal and if you need it and you can afford it and of course if you like it then get it.
The RRXT seems like a better guitar than the other for a better price tbh, i think that on the other one the floyd rose and the EMGs raise the price quite a lot.
BUY BUY BUYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jacksons are the best guitars I've ever played by far.
My DKMGT is wonderful, the only downside is the bolt on neck.... the new X series fixed that
i dunno if those new ones are mij...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i'd go with the one with the floyd personally due to the emgs and better tuning stability cuz god knows i hate tuning every 5 minutes during a show.
also i plan on getting the new warrior they just release, yay for new jacksons!
also again, who cares what country its made in as long as the build quality is good?
my stuff:
schecter c-1+
ibanez rg3exfm1
schecter avenger 7-string with emgs
esp/ltd mh-50
peavey 6505+ 112 combo
tc electronic polytune
way huge green rhino
mxr micro flange
mxr smart gate
dunlop crybaby
yeah but mij normally equates to good build quality
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
yeah. good quality, reasonable prices (though the prices have been going up with the very strong yen )

win-win in my book
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
In the US, the RRXT is $500 and the the RRXMG is $650 (according to Musician's friend)

I am definitely gonna buy the RRXT in Trans Black. I had been wanting a neck through for years but they've always been so expensive

On little caveat with the RRXT, it only has 22 frets and that's what I hate most about my RR3

Edit: they have the RR24XT also, which is the exact same price as the RRXT and has identical specs, except for 2 extra frets.
Rig:

Jackson RR3
Jackson DX10D
Randall RH150 G3
Peavey 412MS
Morley wah pedal
Line 6 Spider IV 15W
Last edited by RR3tran at Sep 10, 2011,
Quote by jkielq91
I actually have one as my main guitar. Its great.

yeah i have a dkmgt.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
yeah i have a dkmgt.

Wait.... you're telling me... my guitar is MIJ? Woah surprise surprise haha
i think so. assuming it's one of the older ones. Even the x-series used to be mij, as far as i'm aware.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
i think so. assuming it's one of the older ones. Even the x-series used to be mij, as far as i'm aware.

I think they started out made in India, then they shifted production to Japan. That's where the current crop of X series guitars are made.

For the new ones, it's looking like it's back to India again.

Apparently, someone over at Jackson posted this on their new forum -

These guitars are not made in Japan, but are made at other factories in and around Asia and the Near-East, that have “mucho” experience in building Jackson models, and understand that these guitars need to have “mojo". ‘Nuff said here.

But I think the post was taken down again. It's bizarre that he didn't just come out and say it, because it seems obvious from that. Aside from Japan, the only place in Asia that has Jackson building experience is HMI in India.
If they were MIJ I think that'd be a pretty big advertising point like it has been with previous models. I see nothing in their descriptions about where they're made so I'm assuming it's one of the others...

Not that big of a deal to me haha, I'll still probably get an SLX
^^ thanks for the info

^ yeah probably
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
They should make them in China and sell them in starter packs to compete with Squier and Gio.

Quote by W4RP1G
They should make them in China and sell them in starter packs to compete with Squier and Gio.

They've already got the JS series for that.

I'm not going to judge these just based on their country of origin. Heck we're not even totally sure of that yet, though India is looking pretty likely. I have a feeling these will play better than people will expect when they see the Made In India sticker.
if only one was a 7 string...then maybe...

Oh well
Quote by Pan-Tallica
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
But theres no reason why i cant be free like a raspberry stuck to the back of a horny elephants ass.

This is maybe the worst comparison in the history of comparisons.
How does the race of whoever make the guitars, in itself, affect how good the guitars are? It's things like quality control, attention to detail, and materials used that make a good guitar. True, in the past, foreign guitars were known to be of inferior quality, but in this day and age, many things have changed and it would be foolish to dismiss a good guitar based on the color of the guy who made it.
Rig:

Jackson RR3
Jackson DX10D
Randall RH150 G3
Peavey 412MS
Morley wah pedal
Line 6 Spider IV 15W
Quote by RR3tran
How does the race of whoever make the guitars, in itself, affect how good the guitars are? It's things like quality control, attention to detail, and materials used that make a good guitar. True, in the past, foreign guitars were known to be of inferior quality, but in this day and age, many things have changed and it would be foolish to dismiss a good guitar based on the color of the guy who made it.

wtf are you talking about? Are the Chinese a different color than the Japanese? The Japanese Fujigen factory makes a far superior guitar to anything out of a Chinese factory. The same goes for Korean and Indonesian, they pale in comparison to Japan Sure, quality control matters too, but a better product will come from Japan, regardless of the Korean quality control.
Quote by W4RP1G
wtf are you talking about? Are the Chinese a different color than the Japanese? The Japanese Fujigen factory makes a far superior guitar to anything out of a Chinese factory. The same goes for Korean and Indonesian, they pale in comparison to Japan Sure, quality control matters too, but a better product will come from Japan, regardless of the Korean quality control.

You, sir, are quite a backwards thinker.
Rig:

Jackson RR3
Jackson DX10D
Randall RH150 G3
Peavey 412MS
Morley wah pedal
Line 6 Spider IV 15W
Quote by RR3tran

Ok then.... enjoy your superior Korean guitars
Finally a properly decked out RR. 24 frets, neck-through, two pickups, rear routed. Sorely needed. The best RR configuration of all time, and a killer base for mods.
Quote by RR3tran

it's nothing to do with race, it's to do with the tolerances in the factory, the skill of the workforce (nothing to do with race, to do with how well they're trained), and probably most importantly of all, the price point the guitars sell at. The japanese guitars generally sell at a higher price point, and have more money put into the materials, construction techniques, QC, etc.

if the koreans or chinese were told to put out as nice a guitar as the japanese ones, i'm sure they could do it. The difference is, in most cases (for the export guitars for the western market, anyway), that's not the case.

Quote by RR3tran

i notice your two guitars are japanese. maybe you should put your money where your mouth is before throwing the race card at everyone else.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
if the koreans or chinese were told to put out as nice a guitar as the japanese ones, i'm sure they could do it. The difference is, in most cases (for the export guitars for the western market, anyway), that's not the case.

I don't know, the Japanese really are some amazing craftsmen, and they have a great work ethic. The Koreans have really gotten better with their guitars, but I don't think they've caught up yet. I figured the Samick Greg Bennett line was their best attempt, and they are really just average.
oh yeah sure, you're preaching to the choir regarding japanese guitars

I also heard somewhere that to work on guitars in japan (even on the production line) you have to have graduated luthier school. If so, that would explain a lot. I don't think that's the case even in western countries like the US which have a good reputation for guitar making.

my fret king is very nice, though, and it's (as far as i know, it doesn't say on it) Korean. But it's the exception, rather than the rule, out of the Korean-made guitars I've tried.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
I also heard somewhere that to work on guitars in japan (even on the production line) you have to have graduated luthier school.

That sure would explain a lot! Who knows how things are over there, they may have a luthier and a samurai sword building class at every school.

In the US, you probably need a certification to work at the custom shops, but every job I've ever had where I've built stuff was just OJT, so I'd imagine a guitar factory would be about the same thing, or some kind of apprenticeship. We have Lutherie schools all over the country though, I'm actually preparing to start at one next year. It's probably a bad idea though since there are so few guitar factories here, the economy sucks, and lutherie isn't in huge demand, but the course covers all kinds of forms of fine wood working, so I'll get plenty out of it.
don't quote me on that, because it might not be true. But I've heard it several times now...

Good luck at lutherie school
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
i dunno if those new ones are mij...

All hail the MIJ Jacksons!

But no, I believe that these ones are made in India.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

If anything they're going to be worth the price just for the neck-thru construction. The hardware on them is going to be garbage that can just be upgraded. Wouldn't mind getting one of the Soloists and throwing an OFR on it, seeing as I love my JDR so much and want a neck-thru badly.
I play Lacrosse, you should too
Quote by reeses
heed this man's suggestion, for he is wise.

Aww shucks...

Quote by Tom 1.0
Oh and wait for the Schecter fan boys, if you listen real hard you can already hear them coming.
Quote by VanTheKraut
All hail the MIJ Jacksons!

But no, I believe that these ones are made in India.

yeah

Quote by W4RP1G
Thanks!

no problem
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Page 1 of 2