I've just bought a Bugera 6262 and i want to retube it. Thing is, I've heard the schematics of the tube positions are the same as the 6505+/5150 II, but I don't want to go of this just in case. I basically want to know in which order the valves go, and which valves affect what in the amp. It's just so I can make an educated decision when buying my new tubes, since I cocktail them. To put it simpilar incase you don;t understand what I mean: I know the Bugera has 6 preamp tubes, and they're labelled V1, V2, V3,V4,V5 & V6, but what i want to know is, are they in that order, or are they switched around like the Peavey 6505+ which is V4,V3,V5,V2,V1,V6. Also which preamp valve affects what regarding the amp? e.g. which one controlls the clean channel, which one controls the lead, which one controls the crunch, which one is the phase inverter, etc. Sorry to ramble on, i just wanted to get as much info into the post as possible. Any help would really be greatly appreciated. Thanks for taking the time to read.

Mike
Yh I've got that, but it doesn't explain what tube does what, etc. It just says they're 12AX7. I'm wanting to know what tube does what. For e.g. on a Peavey 6505+/5150 II it goes like this:

Looking from right to left, the tubes are arranged as follows:
#1 (far right) the rhythm channel
#2 is shared by the rhythm and lead channel (input stage)
#3 and 4- lead channel
#5 effects loop driver
#6 phase splitter

I'm just wanting to know how it works within the Bugera 6262.
I'd say its the same lay out. It is a clone amp.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
yeah that's what i thought, I just really don't wanna buy new tubes if Bugera has fiddled a little bit with the actual layout, lol. I mean they've added stuff to the amp like volume controls, which you don;t see on the Peavey, so it's making me wonder what else they've changed :/
Quote by rhcp_rulz95
All the valves have to have tubes in them otherwise it will blow up.

Eh, valves = tubes...

You mean the tube positions right?

Also, it won't blow if you leave out a preamp tube... it just won't work or have no sound coming through, depending on what V position you remove.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
It's just the thing that confuses me is, is that the Bugera 6262 is meant to be modelled after the 6505+/5150 II, and the preamp tube positions on them are:
Looking from right to left, the tubes are arranged as follows:
#1 (far right) the rhythm channel
#2 is shared by the rhythm and lead channel (input stage)
#3 and 4- lead channel
#5 effects loop driver
#6 phase splitter

This is directly from Peavey, so I'm wondering, on the Peavey, would the V1 position be the second valve? And if it is, and the Bugera is a clone, wouldn't the same layout apply to the Bugera as well? on the Peavey 6505/5150 amps, there's only 5 tubes, which Peavey said is due to the absence of the 1st Valve which is added for the Rhythm Channel. So V1 (input stage) would be the first valve in the 6505 and the V1 (input stage) in the 6505+, would be the second valve. It's just really confusing and I want to make sure the valves are all in the same place. If I hade a Peavey, it would make matters much less complicated, haha. I just want to make sure I know exactly where each position is on the Bugera 6262 before I retube. I just need to know if V1 is the first in line, or the second like the 5150 II. If you can get any info on this, or help me in anyway, it would be greatly appreciated. I just want to get my new tubes ordered as soon as possible.
If they've added things, then the chance is that the tube positions would be changed. Have you called or mailed Bugera for details?
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by ragingkitty
If they've added things, then the chance is that the tube positions would be changed. Have you called or mailed Bugera for details?

Yeah I have, and they didn't reply, even though I emailed them 3 times in 2 weeks.
I just bought a 6262 Infinium and wanted to swap-out the tubes so I got in touch with Bugera. The pre-amp tubes are numbered V1 through V6 right to left in sequential order [V1, V2, V3 etc]! I got this information from Harbur James @ Bugera...

I quote; 'Bugera 6262 signal flow and tube correspondance: Looking at the front of your amp with the input jack on the right... Tubes from right to left are as follows; V1, V2, V3, V4, V5, V6 (Phase inverter). The clean signal goes through V1/V2 (V2 first then back to V1). It skips V3, V4 and V5 and goes straight to V6. The lead channel uses the whole of V2 then goes V3, V4, V5 and V6. Harbur James, Bugera...'
Last edited by Victor.Croll at Jan 26, 2015,