for those who dont know what it is:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Airlines_Flight_93
http://www.nps.gov/flni/historyculture/index.htm

what do you think Pit? would you have been brave enough to raid the cockpit?

i like to think i would have but i dont really know until i am in that kind of situation.
lets all applaud these brave souls. also discuss the movie and other related subjects. if this should go in a 9/11 related thread i will delete but i just thought these guys deserved their own thread.
If you do something right, no one will know you've done anything at all

Proud to be called Best Friends with Pastafarian96
Hehehe... cockpit.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
That movie is currently on Tv here.

... You aren't from NZ....

Now I'm kind of scared...

I don't have anything else to say

Quote by DeadlyIllness

[that guy again] gets the drum Solo and Title King of the UG.

*Drum Solo*

Steam: yintonyinton
PSN: yintonyinton
yeah, I'd be one of them. I wouldn't be afraid if went to stop them and they tried to kill me, cuz I knew if noone did everyone including myself would die anyways, so it was worth a chance.
Please call me Rainer, was 16 and empty minded when I made my profile.

Sometimes I talk to myself too...but never on the internet.
ok, so would you have tried to stop them if you didnt know that others were in danger other than those on the plane?
(these passengers knew of the previous attacks on the towers and pentagon through various phone calls, just to clarify)
If you do something right, no one will know you've done anything at all

Proud to be called Best Friends with Pastafarian96
yes, if something doesn't seem right and the pilots are claiming of a bomb, I think I still would try to go stop them. I probably would be hesitent, and less sure of what to do. So if I hadn't heared of the other attacks I'm not exactly sure what I'd do
Please call me Rainer, was 16 and empty minded when I made my profile.

Sometimes I talk to myself too...but never on the internet.
Raid cockpit = death or success
Not raid cockpit = death.

A chance is a chance, TS.
Only if you know the hijackers are on a suicide mission. Then you have nothing to lose.
If the hijackers as in most cases are looking for publicity or to satisfy political motives, then it is best not to interfere at all.
Just because I have some strong opinions doesn't mean I agree with everything I say.
Quote by xgunterx
Only if you know the hijackers are on a suicide mission. Then you have nothing to lose.
If the hijackers as in most cases are looking for publicity or to satisfy political motives, then it is best not to interfere at all.

That was true pre-9/11 If I'm ever on any public transportation that somebody attempts to hijack I'll kill them or die trying. I'm not interested in becoming their political statement.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by xgunterx

This, really.

On at least one of the flights that hit the towers, the hijackers told the passengers to stay calm because they were just going back to the airport. Clever, but a dick move. Kept everyone in their seats
I'd light a camp fire and eat my last grilled meat. I'd then open the window for a few seconds and pee on the turbines just for the lulz.
*last part is quoted from one of The Oatmeal comics*

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
The Capitol building would be a smoldering charcoal pit if the passengers hadn't stopped them.
Quote by WaterGod
The Capitol building would be a smoldering charcoal pit if the passengers hadn't stopped them.

You are the most rebellious 15 year old.
This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.
I'm just sayin, if that was me, IF that was ME, I'm sayin if those circumstances were the same, but only I was in them, it would mean serious trouble for the others involved.
Quote by GisleAune
Raid cockpit = death or success
Not raid cockpit = death.

A chance is a chance, TS.

This.

Quote by Jackal58
If I'm ever on any public transportation that somebody attempts to hijack I'll kill them or die trying. I'm not interested in becoming their political statement.

Aaand, This.
XBOX LIVE Gamertag: Jazz Funeral
Currently killing with The Nunts crew in Max Payne 3

Quote by Weaponized
ON LIGHTNING.
at least go down swining.....could you imagine what it would have done to this country if our white house had been bye bye?
I haz gotten gud
That was the plane the government wanted to fly into the Pentagon, instead they took it over and it crashed. So soon after they fired the tomahawk missile into the Pentagon.
Yeah, now you're gonna die wearing that stupid little hat. How does it feel?

Help me to live.

I make custom guitar wiring harnesses and I'm pretty damn good at it!
Last edited by flyingmarlin at Sep 10, 2011,
Quote by flyingmarlin
That was the plane the government wanted to fly into the Pentagon, instead they took it over and it crashed. So soon after they fired the tomahawk missile into the Pentagon.

Quote by T.s.e

Help me to live.

Quote by ApatheticMe
at least go down swining.....could you imagine what it would have done to this country if our white house had been bye bye?

The white house has been burned down before.
Quote by ApatheticMe

Don't tempt me.

EDIT: The image is supposed to be a small 50x50 trollface.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Last edited by JamSessionFreak at Sep 10, 2011,
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44459345/ns/us_news-9_11_ten_years_later/#.TmuXsdRUUud

This article really hit me because my job's actually to load f-16's. It's odd to think that two people, just like the pilots that see every day were willing to sacrifice themselves. That the people who do the same job as me could've been responsible for their lives...

Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Quote by ApatheticMe

Pigs on a plane!!!!!!!
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Jackal58
Pigs on a plane!!!!!!!

I've had it with these mother****ing pigs on this mother****ing plane!

Help me to live.

I'd rather die trying. I at least have a chance at living if I try. If they shoot me, oh well. That's one or more less bullets to use on other passengers who may be able to save themselves.

NOTHING HURTS BATMAN!

Quote by dannay
what this man says is correct.

Quote by clemm
WHAT IS THE PIT!?!?!!!!!!?!??
--clemm

n00b
Quote by WaterGod

That plane would have been ****ed by F-16s before it got to the White House.

OT: I'd give it a go... better to go down desperately trying to gauge a terrorist's eyes than die sitting down!
Quote by 23dannybhoy23
That plane would have been ****ed by F-16s before it got to the White House.

OT: I'd give it a go... better to go down desperately trying to gauge a terrorist's eyes than die sitting down!

Pretty much the only way the f-16s could take it down was by crashing directly into it. The ones available only had little over 100 rounds in their gun systems instead of being fully loaded. According to the article i posted farther up it seems like they had no air intercept missiles loaded on them and the time it would take for ammo to deliver the missiles to the weapons troops and them to load them was too long. Not to mention that the jets would've had to take off without an operational check to know that they would work properly. Those pilots were basically told that they were very likely to have to commit suicide.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
why couldnt they just be friends?
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial