'Sup EG,

So, my brother just scored himself a gorgeous Hagström Viking II yesterday. It's a mean machine and sounds awesome, and it's absolutely beautiful.

So, I'm going to his place today to set it up a little, but I was just wondering... does anyone know if it's safe to use lemon oil on the fretboard, as it seems to be some sort of a compound? Any input will be appreciated, thanks!
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez SV5470F, Ibanez Xpt700, Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster ('04-'05), Jackson Ps-2
Ashton AG200,
Amps: ENGL E530, Bugera 6262-212,
FX: TC Electronics G-major 2, Behringer EQ700, Morley Volume / Wah
I'm thinking of buying a Hagstrom soon (as soon as I get the chance to p[lay one, since there are none in my town) so I'm pretty interested in this too.

I suppose you could call this a bump.
Here's the official answer from Hagström support a few years ago:

Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.

As the Resinator fret board generally contains wood (consists of hard epoxies and wood) it would not hurt to oil the fret board from time to time (Perhaps once every two years).
I would recommend “Parafin olja”, which can be sold at most hardware stores. It is very clean and clear, does not smell, nor leaves a stocky substance.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

its a compound which means sure its wood but it doesnt have pores nor doesit breath like a solid peice of wood.

oil it to clean it and keep it shiney, but its not to make sure it doesnt dry out. its going to be more resistant to stuff than a solid peice of rosewood.

1 time every 2 years is probably to clean all the muck off.
Quote by guitar/bass95
You're from Finland

Prog avatar

Ibanez guitar owner

+3

Lol,

You seem to be awesome

+5 at least!
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez SV5470F, Ibanez Xpt700, Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster ('04-'05), Jackson Ps-2
Ashton AG200,
Amps: ENGL E530, Bugera 6262-212,
FX: TC Electronics G-major 2, Behringer EQ700, Morley Volume / Wah