What's up UG!!!!!!!

hey dudes, well i'm playing in a new band and i need a simple dist or overdrive pedal, and i need to know which one is best for this:

http://soundcloud.com/roisband/fonzie/

currently im using a marshal half stack, BUT, cause i live in Vzla... every gig/event/etc. were playing at. we use the events backline (amps/etc). so maybe one gig ill have to play a mesa, and the next day ill have to play a crappy chinese 30w amp. so for that i need a nice dist pedal to get good dist on even bad amps!!

edit: yeah it could also be a high gain overdrive!!!! but which one is best for this???

so what i need for you guys is to give me what you think is the best pedal to get a dist or overdrive like the one on the soundcloud link i gave!!!

my budget is 100$
Last edited by andrew2xtreme at Sep 10, 2011,
Quote by andrew2xtreme
What's up UG!!!!!!!

hey dudes, well i'm playing in a new band and i need a simple dist pedal, and i need to know which one is best for this:

http://soundcloud.com/roisband/fonzie/

currently im using a marshal half stack, BUT, cause i live in Vzla... every gig/event/etc. were playing at. we use the events backline (amps/etc). so maybe one gig ill have to play a mesa, and the next day ill have to play a crappy chinese 30w amp. so for that i need a nice dist pedal to get good dist on even bad amps!!

so what i need for you guys is to give me what you think is the best pedal to get a dist like the one on the soundcloud link i gave!!!

That sounds more like a high gain overdrive.
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
Quote by andrew2xtreme
currently im using a marshal half stack

an MG, change your amp.

Quote by andrew2xtreme
BUT, cause i live in Vzla... every gig/event/etc. were playing at. we use the events backline (amps/etc). so maybe one gig ill have to play a mesa, and the next day ill have to play a crappy chinese 30w amp. so for that i need a nice dist pedal to get good dist on even bad amps!!

Every amp is gonna change your tone intrinsically. you can consider stacking an OD in front of a dist to drown out some of the amp's characteristics.

I can't really think of too many pedals that will give you that sound... unfortunately the combo that I'm thinking off will probably cost so much, you're better off getting an amp to mic up.

FWIW, I was thinking of:

Catalinbread DLS --> Tone Czar Dove
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by kutless999
That sounds more like a high gain overdrive.

yeah it could also be a high gain overdrive! tell me which one is suited for the job!!
Quote by ragingkitty
an MG, change your amp.

Every amp is gonna change your tone intrinsically. you can consider stacking an OD in front of a dist to drown out some of the amp's characteristics.

I can't really think of too many pedals that will give you that sound... unfortunately the combo that I'm thinking off will probably cost so much, you're better off getting an amp to mic up.

FWIW, I was thinking of:

Catalinbread DLS --> Tone Czar Dove

that would be cool, but i only have 100$