Page 1 of 2
if, by way of nuclear war, super-volcanic eruption, or asteroid collision, civilization as we know it is decimated would you be ready? Most scientists agree that these possibilities are inevitable. are you ready to grow your own food, make your own clothes, and fend off predators while still trying to survive the post-apocalyptic conditions?

i think about this quite a bit actually and think i would have a pretty good chance. i have practiced growing my own food though i haven't had much success. i have never killed for my own food or hunted anything. i have never skinned an animal or stitched together my own clothes out of another creatures flesh. though i have never done these things i think my survival instinct would be enough to help me survive.

another thing to think about would be other survivors. would we band together or compete for food?

tl;dr if, by way of nuclear war, super-volcanic eruption, or asteroid collision, civilization as we know it is decimated would you be ready?

searched and couldn't find anything related. will delete if necessary.
If you do something right, no one will know you've done anything at all

Proud to be called Best Friends with Pastafarian96
I've been playing a lot of Fallout lately, I'm practically an expert.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Yes. I've prepared all my life for it.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
inb4 all of the Pit says they would be experts at survival.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Well, my survival skill is 84.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Absolutely not.
They say the old woman's got the wisdom
'Cause she couldn't read the clock anymore
She said "The numbers don't represent the moments"
Says she don't see what all the ticking's for
Doubt it. If I can't grow my own food now, I think it's highly unlikely I'll be able to do it in post apocalyptic conditions
I've pretty much pooled all my skill points into dexterity and endurance so I'm sure I can handle anything Bear Grylls can handle.

I just still don't know whether I should be a hurricane druid or bear form druid yet... : / Someones gotta take Baal down yo
Does it matter?

If such an event occurs we ALL will probably die, so what's the point of having any "survival" skills?
But yeah really, nuclear wars, I'm topping myself, no point in trying to survive.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Pretty interesting that people have thoughts like this.
And btw it would be the time for next giga asteroid to hit the earth, you know, like the one making Chicxulub, but there is not one in sight at the moment

I'd probably die since I'm a noob.
Bitches don't know about my survival skillz.
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
alone... maybe. Me and some of my friends discuss this a lot though. We've decided that if a group of us got together. There's like 4-5 of us, that we could do well. I'm fast, like runner/swimmer and spend a lot of time hiking/free climbing so I would have my skills that would be an asset to the group. Another in the group goes hunting and camping frequently so we food from him and survival traits. We all basically have different skills, and it would be much more productive for us to specialize anyway :p
Super volcano or asteroid impact are survivable events. Mass nuclear exchange is not. First two if I wasn't inside the impact zone I would survive. Massive nuclear exchange I would blow my brains out before I died from radiation poisoning.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
I hunt and fish a ton so I could probably deal with getting food. I've also done some stuff with like rustic camping (going out and making your own shelter, catching your own food, etc) so I don't think that would be a huge problem for me. However, the psychological impact of something as cataclysmic as that might be too much for me.

tl;dr - I dunno man
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
Nope, I'd die relatively quickly. I'm halfway towards starving as it is now and food is readily available 3 minutes away from my residence yet I choose not to go buy groceries.
Quote by Trowzaa
I've been playing a lot of Fallout lately, I'm practically an expert.

This. I'm all set in cities like Washington D.C.
But shiiiit if I end up in Las Vegas.... I'm fucked
I mean, I don't even like sunset sarspirilla!
Quote by ErikLensherr
Don't belittle it like that, your mom produces top quality stuff.

C4C
[thread="1339859"]Hammerhead[/thread]
[thread="1341152"]Anglerfish[/thread]

VOTE
Thrustor: 2012
Last edited by vicarious46 at Sep 10, 2011,
Quote by Harvey Swick
Most scientists agree that these possibilities are inevitable.

Well, yes, of course they're inevitable. What "most scientists" don't agree on is whether they'll happen in the next billion years.

But depending on the cataclysm, I might be okay. I mean, I grow my own food now, I can hunt, I can dry and cure meats, tan leather, make shelter, find water, fight off coyotes (I did it once and have been bragging ever since), set broken bones, disinfect wounds, make simple tools and weapons, and beyond all that, I'm good at convincing other people to help me with things I can't do. Also, I can build a generator and radio with readily available materials. Obviously I'm not surviving nuclear winter, but if I'm not affected by the initial event, I think I'd survive.
Money beats soul every time.

Money beats soul...every time.

Money...beats soul...every...goddamn...time.
Hell no, i'd die pretty easily. I can barely climb a fence much less being able to hunt/grow my own food and whatnot.
pinga
gay wall of text
tl;dr

But whatever,

my body is ready!
THE SOLE PURPOSE OF THIS SIG IS TO GRAB YOUR ATTENTION TO THIS POST OF UTTER GENIUS
I'm going to get JCB to make everything that I need to survive. That way when everything gets destroyed, I'll have my JCB food, clothes and such.

JCB things are hard as fucking nails.
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
Ever seen Threads? (For those of you outside of the UK)

I think those that get killed are the lucky ones.
XBOX LIVE Gamertag: Jazz Funeral
Currently killing with The Nunts crew in Max Payne 3

Quote by Weaponized
ON LIGHTNING.
I'm 5 hours from civilization so yes
This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.
Quote by Jackal58
Super volcano or asteroid impact are survivable events. Mass nuclear exchange is not. First two if I wasn't inside the impact zone I would survive. Massive nuclear exchange I would blow my brains out before I died from radiation poisoning.

Tell me when you deal with a global fire storm and 10 year (cold) winter. And yes, they're global. (meaning the impact)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qJPTjMnwNk
Last edited by Munq at Sep 10, 2011,
Quote by Zombee
I'm 5 hours from civilization so yes

this.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
I write poetry
And it sucks.
with the way everything has been lately, the earth is curving towards doom. we will all soon be on our own. preparation is in order.
If you do something right, no one will know you've done anything at all

Proud to be called Best Friends with Pastafarian96
I'd give myself a couple of hours
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Quote by Harvey Swick
if, by way of nuclear war, super-volcanic eruption, or asteroid collision, civilization as we know it is decimated would you be ready? Most scientists agree that these possibilities are inevitable. are you ready to grow your own food, make your own clothes, and fend off predators while still trying to survive the post-apocalyptic conditions?

Dude... I live in Burnley, we've been living like that for years.
hell yeah I would survive, My survival bag is ready to go and I got a bunker full of weapons.

So I am good to good.
Thor! Odin's son Protector of mankind Ride to meet your fate Your destiny awaits Thor! Hlödyn's son Protector of mankind Ride to meet your fate Ragnarök awaits

E-ARCH NEMESIS of girlgerms007
Quote by SlackerBabbath
Dude... I live in Burnley, we've been living like that for years.

Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Kill. Gut. Eat.
Plus I could crochet clothes for everyone out of plastic bags.
not going viral

Hot E-Cousin of rjaylaf

Non Evil E-Twin of stealstrings

E-NEMESIS of deathdrummer
Bear Grylls has shown that all you need to do to survive anything is to jump in a freezing lake with no clothes on.
455 75 34 88

(´・ω・`)

Quote by strait jacket
Do you like being sigged or, like me do you feel strangely violated?
Page 1 of 2