Page 1 of 2
My trumpet that I found yesterday just broke a little bit. The picture show where it has come apart. How should I fix it? Use solder? Glue? Tape? It's not some super fancy expensive trumpet/ family heirloom so it doesn't really matter if something terrible happens to it.
Thanks in advance
Attachments:
trumpet1.JPG
You need to solder it back together. I bought my current trumpet used, and it's been re-soldered in the same place you say yours is broken. It's fine.

I might add that (from what I can tell) it's just the fixing which is broken, so it shouldn't affect the way it plays at all. You just have to be careful - if that bit isn't fixed properly then there's more chance that the first section of tubing will bend if you drop it or something.
Last edited by BenRaah at Sep 10, 2011,
it depends how it's broken. unless you show us a picture of the break, it might be hard to help. just showing a picture of the general area does not help very much.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by theogonia777
it depends how it's broken. unless you show us a picture of the break, it might be hard to help. just showing a picture of the general area does not help very much.

It's not necessarily broken, it's more separated.
Were you sticking it up your ass? One day at band camp...?
"I have good eye-sight, insight, and foresight. How could an
intelligent hare make such a silly mistake?"
The trumpet i borrowed in 4th grade had that problem but it wasn't as far away from it.
I used JB Weld, but take it to a music shop see how much theyll charge for a good solder job.
If it's over $10, then just buy a soldering iron at autozone and some $2 solder and get at it
The illegality of cannabis is outrageous, an impediment to full utilization of a drug which helps produce the serenity and insight, sensitivity and fellowship so desperately needed in this increasingly mad and dangerous world.
- Carl Sagan
Quote by fluffymuffins
here is a pic of it

Refer to my other post. All it needs is soldering back together.
Duct tape. It solves most problems.

Edit: JB weld will definately hold it back together, like Skarface said. You need to prepare it well though by cleaning/sanding where it needs to be put on.
There's a good chance that what I've written above is useless and if you take any of the advice it's your own fault.
Last edited by Silent Murder at Sep 10, 2011,
Bend it like dizzy gillespie
╘MESHUG╦G╗AH

Ibanez ARX 350
Dunlop 535Q
Ibanez TS9
Peavey TransTube Supreme
DRIVE Elite straight 412
Quote by MakinLattes
Solder everything.

Even the mouthpiece?
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai
Even the mouthpiece?

I'll solder your mouthpiece to my trumpet in a minute, sunshine.
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
Quote by fluffymuffins
ughh. tried to bend it so the pieces matched up and i ended up breaking it more

Jesus, that thing must be a piece of shit.
Quote by Kensai
Even the mouthpiece?

The mouthpiece and the valves need to be soldered the most.
Quote by fluffymuffins

LMFAO.
Username is from years ago, just saying
oh god you're an idiot

your only option now is to shove a funnel in the end and use it as a bugle
Last edited by BenRaah at Sep 10, 2011,
Quote by fluffymuffins

looks like you...

blew it
"I specialize in driving a set like I'm driving a Lexus" - Uncle Mez
What brand is the trumpet?
The illegality of cannabis is outrageous, an impediment to full utilization of a drug which helps produce the serenity and insight, sensitivity and fellowship so desperately needed in this increasingly mad and dangerous world.
- Carl Sagan
Quote by fluffymuffins

You ****ed up bro. Now just bend it even more and you've got yourself a french horn.
Quote by fluffymuffins
My trumpet that I found yesterday

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Cheap family heirloom? That's a Royal Banquet trumpet, from what looks to be about 1972, those are worth about $42,000. So yes TS, you really ****ed up.
you're a stone fox
Super glue.
Quote by progdude93
my fetish is dudes with dicks small enough to pee on their own sacks.
This thread...

Also, I work in a music store and see that problem all the time.

Although you took your little 20 dollar problem and totaled the trumpet, well played sir.

Also, where the heck are the slides/valves?
Quote by drop-dead666
You're a retard, read Scourges posts. There is already a system folder, why do I need a system32.
Quote by axethrower13
This thread...

Also, I work in a music store and see that problem all the time.

Although you took your little 20 dollar problem and totaled the trumpet, well played sir.

Also, where the heck are the slides/valves?

I took it apart to clean it, it was horribly dirty. I highly doubt that I totaled it. And to everybody: I started to solder everything back, but it was really old solder and wasn't working to well. Picking up more tomorrow. Got one piece back on though. This should work out in the end. Worst case scenario Ill just duct tape it- ghetto trumpet
Just melt it down and make a metal mold of your ass. Then carry it around with you so when you argue with people you can pull it out and tell them to kiss your cold hard ass.
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
Quote by fluffymuffins
Holton

That's actually not too bad. Last I check they're owned by Conn-Selmer.

but seriously how did you manage to mess up an easy fix up that bad?
pinga
Quote by Cb4rabid
That's actually not too bad. Last I check they're owned by Conn-Selmer.

but seriously how did you manage to mess up an easy fix up that bad?

Well... it's been sitting in my garage since the 4th grade. The constant dampness and being thrown around may have had something to do with it. Oh yeah, moldy trumpet cases are disgusting.
Page 1 of 2