hey i'm looking to produce a nice thrash/death metal sound and was wondering if it would be beneficial if I added a 1x15 bass amp to my sound. I have a Kustom hv100 hybrid combo amp and use a rocktron hush for noise suppression and boss metal zone (for eq and boost, i dont use any gain at all on it) and it gives me a nice tight bass response, which i like (the goal with this is to cut like a razor). i was wondering if using a bass amp, with the level slightly lower than my guitar amp, would give me an added "loose" bass response for more added dynamic (to pound like a hammer).

oh and don't tell me to get a real tube amp. they have amazing tone and dynamic and sound really pretty but that's not what i'm going for lol.
Dream rig:
Marshall JCM900 Amp
Boss Fender 65 dlx reverb pedal
Noise gate
MXR EQ
Boss Dynamic wah
Boss Harmonist
Ibanez Echo/delay
Dean Custom 350
Dean XMNT V-shape
oh and if i use a stereo flange (like a boss) would it play through both amps when bypassed?
Dream rig:
Marshall JCM900 Amp
Noise gate
MXR EQ
Boss Dynamic wah
Boss Harmonist
Ibanez Echo/delay
Dean Custom 350
Dean XMNT V-shape
That's not what you're going for but still have jcm900 in your dream rig..? How did you think to use that bass amp? Play stereo? Interesting.. But probably not really good..
Maybe you should get Marshall 2203KK
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

Quote by Sakke
That's not what you're going for but still have jcm900 in your dream rig..? How did you think to use that bass amp? Play stereo? Interesting.. But probably not really good..
Maybe you should get Marshall 2203KK

my dream rig has changed a thousand times since i've posted that =P love slayer but personally not a big fan of the whole "frown" eq thing. I'm a scoop type of guy, meaning that i dont totally suck out the mids but i boost my bass & treble higher than my mids =P i love the "chunk chunk chunk"

but at the moment im going for the "budget sound" so many death metal players know and love... them and of course dimebag.
Dream rig:
Marshall JCM900 Amp
Noise gate
MXR EQ
Boss Dynamic wah
Boss Harmonist
Ibanez Echo/delay
Dean Custom 350
Dean XMNT V-shape