Ok so i'm growing out of my Zoom G2.1u. I'm looking for a multi-effects unit that has the option to put things in the effects send loop as well as before the amp.

I've not got enough money to get individual stomp boxes (yet).

These are the features i'm looking for:
Overdrive
Compressor
Delay
Flanger
Chorus
Tuner
Volume control

I've been looking at the Line 6 Pod HD series. Will one of them fit these needs? The FX send/return is a MUST.

If not can someone recommend me anything good under £400?
Quote by fly135
The HD400 and HD500 both have amp loops. The RP1000 has both amp and stomp loops.

So it does. Good recommendation .

I'm gonna look and see if it has all the effects i'm looking for.

Edit: It does, thanks a lot!
Last edited by Afroboy267 at Sep 10, 2011,
So you don't have any pedals but you want a unit with an effects and amp loop?
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
I guess he wants to use the 4 cable method. I recently took hold of an HD500. I looked at the HD400, M13, RP1000, Vox Tonelab. TC Electronics do the G System but it's a bit expensive!!

It took a little while but I love the HD500!!
Ah, so he can send the effects into his amp's effects loop and keep the tone of his amp, gotcha.
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
Quote by kutless999
Ah, so he can send the effects into his amp's effects loop and keep the tone of his amp, gotcha.

Yes. And I want a few before the amp too.

I've never liked pedal distortion and i've spent time trying to find an Amp Distortion tone I like so the Pedals are just for Effects.

Quote by Dilberto
I guess he wants to use the 4 cable method. I recently took hold of an HD500. I looked at the HD400, M13, RP1000, Vox Tonelab. TC Electronics do the G System but it's a bit expensive!!

It took a little while but I love the HD500!!

Does the HD500 have all the features I listed? I know it has FX send/return but wasn't sure feature-wise.
Last edited by Afroboy267 at Sep 10, 2011,
The gt-10 has all of these.
My main preset uses all of the above mentioned features.
I can give you some clips if you want to hear.

They have been going for $250/$300 on craigslist around my area also.
Last edited by Kyleisthename at Sep 10, 2011,
Quote by GS LEAD 5
Axe Fx

If he is looking at the Pod HD I think that might be out of his range unless he waits for the standard price to fall.
Quote by GS LEAD 5
Axe Fx

Lol. I would if I could.

Quote by Kyleisthename
The gt-10 has all of these.
My main preset uses all of the above mentioned features.
I can give you some clips if you want to hear.

They have been going for $250/$300 on craigslist around my area also.

Ok awesome. I'll look into this too!
You might be able to find a used TC nova sys......If you can you'll thank me later
Quote by Afroboy267
Yes. And I want a few before the amp too.

I've never liked pedal distortion and i've spent time trying to find an Amp Distortion tone I like so the Pedals are just for Effects.

Does the HD500 have all the features I listed? I know it has FX send/return but wasn't sure feature-wise.

Overdrive, Compressor, Delay, Flanger, Chorus, Tuner & Volume control? Er, yeah and then some!! It's pretty flash. I use the 4CM and set the amp for a mild distortion. I then use overdrives on the Line 6 to boost for amp preamp for heavier tones, solos etc.

What is really good though is the assignable switching ie. I've got a patch that has a dry crunchy tone but as soon as I hit the toe-switch (like on a crybaby wah) on the expression pedal it activates the whammy, an extra OD, reverb and delay all at once! Hit it again and it's back to normal.

The 500 also has a mic input and dual channels - handy for me as I'm also the vocalist and use the odd effect on my mic and I can control it all from the same unit usually with one click!

I no longer even bother to change channels on my amp, if I want completely clean I program a patch that switches off the amp send sending the tone straight to the power amp.