Page 1 of 4
Why do people hold 9/11 as almost a religious event, whereas thousands more die every day from preventable diseases and hunger? 9/11 on a global scale is next to nothing, yet here we are, 10 years later and yet again the gears of modern dystopia spin up, forcing us to relive this "tragedy of all tragedies".

I really don't see the point in making a big deal about it. This "NEVER FORGET" crap. Like... yeah, let's all burn into our brains the memory of 3,000 people dying horrible deaths. People referring to it as a "sacred site" makes me chuckle in simultaneous amusement of stupidity, sadness, and disappointment. Why would we want to remember this? I honestly couldn't give any less of a **** about the tower or the day it happened on. Those memorial coins with the towers on it and "9/11"? Couldn't give a rat's ass. It's the people that died that matter... their families, loved ones. But no one seems to give a damn about them. It should be like the Titanic incident... no one cares about the ship or when it happened. Everyone remembers what happened to the people, and how that was handled. It's all about immortalizing an event that was created by supposed foreign enemies. They chose the target, and they chose the date. What a crock.

Oh, and... more than 100,000 civilians have died in the war in Iraq, but rarely does one hear about that.

Sorry for the rant, but I'm just prepping myself for all the guilt, fear, hate and emotion-mongers to start their sob fest over 9/11 tomorrow... which will likely be made a bigger deal out of the date, the towers and the politics of it than the actual victims. We all know Bin Laden, Bush... but what about the names of any of the victims? What a big fat joke.

tl;dr - 9/11 wasn't that big of a deal. More die every day of preventable diseases and hunger. The War in Iraq has an exponentially higher death toll.
You forget my birthday and I will murder you.
Quote by Dogruitag
i think he wants to dream theater to be considered more metal, so he dyed his beard.

Quote by LookAlive
Lmfao, this is the best thread ever, aside from the fact that it involves a girl being harpooned through a tent.
Quote by nincompoop

Oh, and... more than 100,000 civilians have died in the war in Iraq, but rarely does one hear about that.

Good Lord what a tiny number.

Also it's about drumming up patriotism and nationalistic sentiment.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

You're the one who has just made the 13th 9/11 thread in the last 2 weeks. You shut up about it.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
bad things are remembered. good things aren't. significant rich things are remembered. significant poor things aren't. organising terrorists and political leaders are well known, but thousands are dying with no voice or recognition and we don't know their names. that's how the world works. welcome to the shithole.
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
Last edited by laid-to-waste at Sep 10, 2011,
Because people died. Stupid. Yes, other people die all the time. But since we're humans, we do have the ability to care about more than one thing. Caring about the people who died, and the event that created a war, does not mean we don't care about other things. Don't be stupid.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Because Satellite by P.O.D. came out that day. Stupid.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by ErikLensherr

I used to love listening to that song in the shower for some reason.
Quote by Dogruitag
i think he wants to dream theater to be considered more metal, so he dyed his beard.

Quote by LookAlive
Lmfao, this is the best thread ever, aside from the fact that it involves a girl being harpooned through a tent.
I completely agree with you - it is a bunch of whaleshit. But I don't think creating the twentieth thread about it is helping us forget it.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Quote by nincompoop
Why do people hold 9/11 as almost a religious event, whereas thousands more die every day from preventable diseases and hunger? 9/11 on a global scale is next to nothing, yet here we are, 10 years later and yet again the gears of modern dystopia spin up, forcing us to relive this "tragedy of all tragedies".

I really don't see the point in making a big deal about it. This "NEVER FORGET" crap. Like... yeah, let's all burn into our brains the memory of 3,000 people dying horrible deaths. People referring to it as a "sacred site" makes me chuckle in simultaneous amusement of stupidity, sadness, and disappointment. Why would we want to remember this? I honestly couldn't give any less of a **** about the tower or the day it happened on. Those memorial coins with the towers on it and "9/11"? Couldn't give a rat's ass. It's the people that died that matter... their families, loved ones. But no one seems to give a damn about them. It should be like the Titanic incident... no one cares about the ship or when it happened. Everyone remembers what happened to the people, and how that was handled. It's all about immortalizing an event that was created by supposed foreign enemies. They chose the target, and they chose the date. What a crock.

Sorry for the rant, but I'm just prepping myself for all the guilt, fear, hate and emotion-mongers to start their sob fest over 9/11 tomorrow... which will likely be made a bigger deal out of the date, the towers and the politics of it than the actual victims. We all know Bin Laden, Bush... but what about the names of any of the victims? What a big fat joke.

tl;dr - 9/11 wasn't that big of a deal. More die every day of preventable diseases and hunger. The War in Iraq has an exponentially higher death toll.

+1

I'm in ****ing Canada and we get peppered by all the 911 propaganda in the States. Honestly, just shut up about it.

Americans, the fact that you hold 911 as a shine, and keep constantly talking about it, and keep being paranoid about terrorist attacks just proves that the terrorists have beaten you. Enjoy.
Quote by bradulator
You're the one who has just made the 13th 9/11 thread in the last 2 weeks. You shut up about it.

+1
Quote by ErikLensherr

+1
Quote by Kumanji
Because of ideological justification for the American military-industrial complex, stupid.

+1
Quote by hawk5211
+1

I'm in ****ing Canada and we get peppered by all the 911 propaganda in the States. Honestly, just shut up about it.

Americans, the fact that you hold 911 as a shine, and keep constantly talking about it, and keep being paranoid about terrorist attacks just proves that the terrorists have beaten you. Enjoy.

We actually hold tributes for Pearl Harbor all the time. Have the Japanese beaten us?
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Quote by Jack Off Jill
We actually hold tributes for Pearl Harbor all the time. Have the Japanese beaten us?

You clearly need to nuke the middle east.
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG

Quote by Dogruitag

Quote by LookAlive
You don't care about something that affected thousands of people.

What a lovely personality.
There's a good chance that what I've written above is useless and if you take any of the advice it's your own fault.
OP caused 9/11
Quote by Tango616
Watching a fat kid dance around in a white shirt....wow...Al Gore was right...the glaciers really ARE shifting.

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
It's because Fassa got banned

RIP Dime
Just stop fighting you nitwits. It's what the terrorists want
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
I guess it's made more annoying by the fact that after the London and Madrid bombings we just moved the **** on, and certainly you guys in the states don't hold any special ceremonies for that, while here in Europe it's impossible not to hear about 9/11.
You remind me of all those people that complain 'So many soldiers/marines/etc. have died in the middle east but how come they dont make the news like amy winehouse?'
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
Quote by Kensai
Just stop fighting you nitwits. It's what the terrorists want

You seem to know an awful lot about what the terrorists want.
Quote by vintage x metal

It's going to be remembered because it was an attack in your living room. Thousands of people die in wars, but they're very far away from you in your tv. It's going to be remembered because it was preventable wheras people dying of illnesses have the unfortunate problem of a lack of research and some, we can't do anything about.
Quote by JAHellraiser
You remind me of all those people that complain 'So many soldiers/marines/etc. have died in the middle east but how come they dont make the news like amy winehouse?'

They do make the news. Every day they tell me how many Americans died over there. We've grown so used to it that we don't even notice anymore.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by jetfuel495
Man, I'm a bearded Muslim guy sitting in a public library and this picture shows up on my screen

And your name is jetfuel...
the fact that "more die every day from other matters" isn't justification enough to NOT take 1 day out of 365 to remember the innocent civilians that died in that attack.

it's a big deal for the United States because foreign enemies generally don't stage successful attacks on our soil, so when it happens it's kind of a big deal (Pearl Harbor is an example of one). Also, the World Trade Center was a global icon, the center for global trade and economics...to see that fall is a much different experience than seeing another military site being bombs (which you'd expect to see).

another reason for it being a big deal is that it happen in our backyards....literally. I remember seeing the smoke in the air from the towers and seeing papers flying through the air on that day, and i was about 9. It was entirely unexpected, innocents died and many people lost loved ones on that day because of some fucked up politics. If you can't understand why people...especially in NY, at the very least, want to remember those innocents who died for no good reason, then i don't know what to tell you. Even i'm not that cold hearted.

EDIT: just to be clear, i do get annoyed when people/politicians act as if that attack was the worst thing to ever happen on the face of this planet...that i can understand. however, the fact of the matter is it happened, it affected people's lives in more ways than one, and people have a need to pay their respects either as a coping mechanism or for w/e other reason. it's really simple.
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Last edited by Waterboy799 at Sep 10, 2011,
Page 1 of 4