Hello UG,
I know this question has been asked alot of times, but please, answer it once again.

I recently bought an Ibanez. It's a GRG121EX.
The first couple of days it worked fine, but the G, B and e strings have buzz issues now, from the 1st fret to the 5th fret. Infact, the G string, when played open, doesnt even sound right :/

I previously had an Ibanez GRG170DX. Whenever i had buzz issues with that, i would adjust the bridge using the wrench thing. But this Ibanez, it doesnt have that adjustable bridge thing. It has screws around it, and when i loosen them, the bridge isn't lifted. So how do i sort this out?

Also, i play metal. From Priest to Arch Enemy. My GRG170DX is with a mate, so i have to keep changing tunings every day. From Standard to drop A# to play some of In Flames' new tracks. Does that have anything to do with buzz? I mean, if i stop tuning so much, would that help?
Just wondering
What tuning do you noticed the fret buzz, also what string gauge are you using?
Quote by DesolationJD
i have to keep changing tunings every day. From Standard to drop A#
Here's your problem. Maybe you are using .09s in Drop A# or .12s in standard tuning. You can't change tuning every day like that with the same string gauge without having fret buzzes.
I am using .10s
And yes. I figured i cant mess with the tuning everyday.
So if i settle on one tuning, the buzz will be over in a few days?
Quote by DesolationJD
I am using .10s
And yes. I figured i cant mess with the tuning everyday.
So if i settle on one tuning, the buzz will be over in a few days?

10's in Drop A# are gonna flop all over the place and buzz. See how the buzz is when tuned in standard E. If it doesn't buzz, you're okay. There's always going to be a little buzz depending on your playing style and how your action is set. If it buzzes uncontrollably, a setup is due. But if you want to mess with such drastic tuning changes, setup another guitar for lower tunings with the appropriate gauge of strings.
ESP Eclipse II SW - D'Addario 11-49 Eb
LTD F-400FM - Ernie Ball 12-56 C#
Ibanez Iceman 300
Peavey Transtube 112 EFX
Quote by DesolationJD
Hello UG,
I know this question has been asked alot of times, but please, answer it once again.

I recently bought an Ibanez. It's a GRG121EX.
The first couple of days it worked fine, but the G, B and e strings have buzz issues now, from the 1st fret to the 5th fret. Infact, the G string, when played open, doesnt even sound right :/

I previously had an Ibanez GRG170DX. Whenever i had buzz issues with that, i would adjust the bridge using the wrench thing. But this Ibanez, it doesnt have that adjustable bridge thing. It has screws around it, and when i loosen them, the bridge isn't lifted. So how do i sort this out?

Also, i play metal. From Priest to Arch Enemy. My GRG170DX is with a mate, so i have to keep changing tunings every day. From Standard to drop A# to play some of In Flames' new tracks. Does that have anything to do with buzz? I mean, if i stop tuning so much, would that help?
Just wondering

Are you changing strings frequently? If so, in my opinion, you might need to adjust the action every time you change the strings. In my opinion, I think that you should have a second guitar on standby due to advantages in tuning shift; from one guitar to another. Also, if you aren't changing strings and just adjusting the tuning, I think that you should use proper action according to situations. If all of the strings buzz in the first 5 frets, it's the truss rod problem. However, if it's only the bottom 3 strings that are buzzing, it's either the string height/string gauge problem (assuming that the frets are all perfectly level), or if it's the frets' issue, then it's bad fret leveling. Anyways, good luck with the guitar! My man, your guitar would be really nice to play with!
Thankyou for the responses.
I really should stop messing with the tuning so much.
I tuned to standard and the buzz is considerably lesser.
How do i shift the action when ic ant raise the bridge? :/
My suggestion: keep the guitar in standard tuning with .09s or .10s and make sure there's no fret buzz (do a proper setup with truss rod and action adjustments). If you don't change the tuning you will never have sudden buzzes unless there are extreme temperature and humidity changes.

And for drop A# buy another guitar and use .12s.
Quote by DesolationJD
Thankyou for the responses.
I really should stop messing with the tuning so much.
I tuned to standard and the buzz is considerably lesser.
How do i shift the action when ic ant raise the bridge? :/

Is it a fixed bridge? Most American Series bridges have saddles that raise/lower separate strings. The two small allen key slots that surround each string within the saddle are what that's for. Use a very small allen wrench to raise or lower the action. Hope this helps!