I need some help getting these pedals dialed in. I'm on a budget so I can't really spend money to upgrade anything. Here's what's in my chain:

Electro-Harmonix Qtron
Fulltone OCD
MXR Dyna-Comp
MXR Carbon Copy Delay

I like the tone I'm getting running the OCD at full volume with the compressor after it. This way I can use my volume knob on the guitar to dial in how much "dirt" I want from the OD pedal. I need some help with the compressor settings though. Here's what I'm running into; (The Dyna-Comp has two knobs - Output and Sensitivity.) With the compressor on, it plays at a much lower volume than the natural sound of my amp. If I turn up the output, I get a ton of hiss and other noise. So, what can I do to really dial in a nice clean sound here? I want to upgrade to a Ross or Keeley compressor ASAP and add a TS, but that might be six months down the road, so for now this is what I'm working with.
Any advice?
Thanks!
Guitars:
Gibson SG
'96 Fender Strat
Ibanez AS120

Amps:
100w All tube 2x12 custom

Effects:
Electro-Harmonix Q-Tron
EP Boost
Fulltone OCD
Ibanez TS9
RAH OD
Strymon Lex
Timeline
TC Trinity
Here's another quick question. (feel free to answer either or both...haha)

As my first post states, I'd like to add another OD pedal at some point. For now, I do have a RAT distortion pedal. Do you think that it could be used in conjunction with the OCD or should I really use another OD? I'm looking for a Trey Anastasio type sound. Just wondering if there might be a way to set the RAT to drive the OCD a bit more. Obviously I'll experiment with it on my own but any tips would be good. Should the RAT go before or after the OCD if I do this?
Thanks again guys!
Guitars:
Gibson SG
'96 Fender Strat
Ibanez AS120

Amps:

Effects:
Electro-Harmonix Q-Tron
EP Boost
Fulltone OCD
Ibanez TS9
RAH OD
Strymon Lex
Timeline
TC Trinity
I really just think you need to keep experimenting.

I've stacked multiple ODs on top of each other and it works. Keep the Rat if you like. Get a different OD if you want a different one. As far as placement just swap them back and forth until you get what you like. Getting a clean boosting OD is probably what I would do. I've run a Bad Monkey into a SD1 into a MXR Zakk Wilde OD before

I'm not a big Compressor fan but I know plenty that like them. You'll just have to fiddle with it. Maybe try it before the dirt pedal. I had a Dyna Comp and Boss CS3 and got rid of them.

We also don't know much about the 'tones' you are after so it is kinda pointless to just throw stuff out there like this. There is no set rules so just go with your ears.

Also, I'd be remiss if I didn't ask. Are you using the amps in your sig? What are you playing that you need the extra dirt (OCD and RAt)?

free bump
Yeah, playing the amp in my sig. There is absolutely no dirt in the amp. It is a pure clean tube rig. As for tones, I'm looking for a Trey Anastasio (Phish) type tone. He seems to get tons of harmonics and over/undertones out of his guitar. I know a lot is in the fingers, and I have a pretty good feel to be honest. I just can't get it to say what I want sometimes because I suck at "dialing it in". I'm thinking that I might need another dist/OD after the OCD with the volume down quite a bit. I think that could clean up a lot of it. It's 1:00am right now though so I'll have to fiddle with it tomorrow.

Anyhow, still looking for tips and tricks.
Thanks!
Guitars:
Gibson SG
'96 Fender Strat
Ibanez AS120

Amps:

Effects:
Electro-Harmonix Q-Tron
EP Boost
Fulltone OCD
Ibanez TS9