I recently went to the closest music store hoping to find some standard tortex oranges. But instead the only thing they sold that was closest to the .60 mm orange was the new Tortex TIIIs. I went back home and used them and I realized that in terms of sound I couldn't really hear anything that was drastically different. To me, it seems like the sharper tip didn't make any difference (maybe thats cause im an ultra newbie).

Any thoughts on these picks?
Quote by busychild
I recently went to the closest music store hoping to find some standard tortex oranges. But instead the only thing they sold that was closest to the .60 mm orange was the new Tortex TIIIs. I went back home and used them and I realized that in terms of sound I couldn't really hear anything that was drastically different. To me, it seems like the sharper tip didn't make any difference (maybe thats cause im an ultra newbie).

Any thoughts on these picks?

I bought 5 standard Orange Dunlops, along with one TIII to try it out. Putting the origional behind it, it's literally a few mm difference. Edit: In relation to the taper.

To me, it didn't benefit me at all. The TIII felt thicker, oddly, than the standards. That being said, as I'm not one to play fast, maybe I'm not the right person to comment. But I wouldn't class them in the same category as Jazz IIIs.
Last edited by DeadlySurfer at Sep 10, 2011,
How many times can you reinvent the wheel? Find a pick that is comfortable, doesn't slip and then the rest is up to you to get good! Or not like me........ :0)