So, my best friend and I, who both play guitar and sing in our band, are going to build a new guitar for him. What we plan on doing is ordering the parts separately on Ebay, and putting it together ourselves. My main question is, Is it okay to have a different sort of body and neck? For instance, putting a strat neck on a telecaster body, or vice-versa? Will it fit okay, or would that just not work?
the fertboard end on the tele is flat, the fretboard end is rounded on the strat.

So no.
Last edited by n1ckn1ce at Sep 11, 2011,
^

You would need a new bridge, or some way to re-radius (I know that's not a word) the fretboard.
Where's Waldo?
Quote by chadreed32
^

You would need a new bridge, or some way to re-radius (I know that's not a word) the fretboard.

That makes no sense . Anyhow, what you need to figure out is if the neck heel will fit the pocket, for example, a tele neck will bolt onto a strat but leave a huge gap I think. If you go through a place like warmoth or something, you can get stuff made that'll be garunteed to fit.
Quote by LeviMan_2001
That makes no sense . Anyhow, what you need to figure out is if the neck heel will fit the pocket, for example, a tele neck will bolt onto a strat but leave a huge gap I think. If you go through a place like warmoth or something, you can get stuff made that'll be garunteed to fit.

My bad, if he would have said "heel" instead of "fretboard end" it would have been a lot more clear.

Disregart my last post, then.
Where's Waldo?