I have a Boss tuner and it has an output for powering other pedals. How do I know what pedals will work with it? I don't want to fry them! I've got a Fulltone OCD, Electro-Harmonix Qtron, MXR Dyna-Comp and MXR Carbon Copy. Does anyone know if this will properly power any of these?
thanks!
Guitars:
Gibson SG
'96 Fender Strat
Ibanez AS120

Amps:
100w All tube 2x12 custom

Effects:
Electro-Harmonix Q-Tron
EP Boost
Fulltone OCD
Ibanez TS9
RAH OD
Strymon Lex
Timeline
TC Trinity
the only things u have to know is the current draw of all the pedals u want to attach to it. the bottom of the pedal usually has a sticker or something that will list current draw in mah. add up all the current values of the pedals u want to attach and make sure that number is smaller than the current of the power supply of the tuner.
next u need to know if the pedals power input is center negative or positive once again a sticker shoild be on the bottom or next to the power input. im pretty sure all boss pedals are center negative so all of the pedals u attache should be center negative as well. then make sure all the pedals use 9 volts. some use 18 or more.
u should be fine though i use 9 pedals and only two wall wart type power supplies, a danelectro and a boss.
Egnater Tweaker 40
Yamaha s412
Vox AC4TV
Fender Blues Jr. VIII

Fender MIM Jazzmaster
Fender MIM Telecaster
Ibanez GAX70
Ibanez VBT700
Epiphone Les Paul jr.
Gibson Les Paul 60's Tribute

Various Effects
Last edited by voltafan485 at Sep 11, 2011,
It's easier to just use a daisy chain. You need a power adapter for the Tuner anyway.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
you can attach as many as you want,

there is a limit, but i don't think you can go over it (unless you have about 50 pedals)

because the conection right there coming from the tuner is parallel..

tecnically it's a dasy chain, the only thing you need to change is the power adapter itself, it needs to be the same voltage, and equal or more amps than all your pedals added up together..

hope it helps
Opus Pocus =]
Okay, most of that was greek to me. The tuner says DC9v. 200Ma max including tuner itself. The OCD and Dyna-Comp don't say anything as far as numbers. They are 9v and the - goes to the middle of the little circle. (haha, I don't know the tech. terms). Does this help???
haha, thanks!
(obviously I know nothing about how these things are powered...)
Guitars:
Gibson SG
'96 Fender Strat
Ibanez AS120

Amps:

Effects:
Electro-Harmonix Q-Tron
EP Boost
Fulltone OCD
Ibanez TS9
RAH OD
Strymon Lex
Timeline
TC Trinity
u can safely power all those effects with that tuner and daisy chain
Egnater Tweaker 40
Yamaha s412
Vox AC4TV
Fender Blues Jr. VIII

Fender MIM Jazzmaster
Fender MIM Telecaster
Ibanez GAX70
Ibanez VBT700
Epiphone Les Paul jr.
Gibson Les Paul 60's Tribute

Various Effects
Quote by voltafan485
u can safely power all those effects with that tuner and daisy chain

I agree, it's not rocket science..

then again.. I've built rockets.. and I'm studying computer science/electrical engineering
Opus Pocus =]
Quote by josuetijuana
I agree, it's not rocket science..

then again.. I've built rockets.. and I'm studying computer science/electrical engineering

Haha, well, I'm not building rockets and don't know much about how the electronics side of things work, so, I hope you're right! I have fried a pedal in the past by using the wrong source, so...figured I'd ask.
Thanks!
Guitars:
Gibson SG
'96 Fender Strat
Ibanez AS120

Amps:

Effects:
Electro-Harmonix Q-Tron
EP Boost
Fulltone OCD
Ibanez TS9