Hey,

I have a cheap Epiphone Special II that I want to mod a little.

How difficult would it be to put a Floyd Rose tremolo on this cheap Les Paulish guitar??

I was looking at getting something like this: http://www.guitarfetish.com/Black-Floyd-Rose-Fastloader-Locking-Tremolo-System_p_110.html . Would I need to cut into the body of the guitar to install this?

Thanks!!
I make band posters!

Epiphone Special II, Squier Classic Vibe Tele-->
Toyroom Effects Louder-->
Boss SD-1, DD-3, RV-5-->
Line 6 DL4-->
Vox AC15c1
yeh you would, im gonna be honest that guitar really isnt worth modding at all, butyou could if you wanted
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
Im not getting this whole 'that guitar is not worth modifying' crap. Would it be better to hack up say a Black Beauty or a Gary Moore Les Paul Gibson? I say, if its cheap, do what you want to it, its hardly going to depreciate if you do it well and if you stuff it up well who cares cos it was cheap. If you go and massacre something thats desireable if unmolested, then as far as I am concerned, there is a special little place in hell for you to sit and listen to Beiber CD's for eternity. I wonder if a bigsby could be grafted on to that guitar. They look hell cool.
Quote by dazza027
Im not getting this whole 'that guitar is not worth modifying' crap.

+1

Go look at a guitar with the type of trem you want to install and take a look at the routings of it. you'll need to go all the way through the guitar body for the trem block, then a bit of an extension for the spring and claw cavity. In my opinion definitely go for it man.
*insert witty statement here*
I'm not sure if the body of that guitar will be thick enough to accept a FR. you need to see how thick it is first.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
That trem will go hopelessly out of tune if you don't use a locking nut or tuners. Also, an FR requires a pretty significant amount of body routing, and you'll have to be extremely precise with the placement, or your scale length will be all wrong. If that happens, the guitar will be basically useless, since it will be nearly impossible to set the intonation properly.

Quote by Pat_s1t
I remember Das_Skittles made me rage hard.

Quote by WCPhils
I can't stand Das_Skittles everything he says makes me mad.

Quote by due 07
Skittles is the shit you cuntles. Slob on his knob.

My Band Youtube Channel Last.fm
Why not keep the tune o matic, and add a bigsby or something? just add add a locking nut
Gear:-
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall DSL50 (In the process of modding!)
Fender 2x12 Deville
Marshall 1960 (V30's)
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson SG Special
Fender 'Marcus Miller' Jazz Bass

My Band
Juturna

Quote by Rossmillertarn!
Why not keep the tune o matic, and add a bigsby or something? just add add a locking nut

A Bigsby will go out of tune if you breath too close to it

Quote by Pat_s1t
I remember Das_Skittles made me rage hard.

Quote by WCPhils
I can't stand Das_Skittles everything he says makes me mad.

Quote by due 07
Skittles is the shit you cuntles. Slob on his knob.

My Band Youtube Channel Last.fm
haha i mean something that style, like one that doesn't involve routing. i've seen trems that fit on where the stop bar goes aswell, but i can't remember who make em!
Gear:-
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall DSL50 (In the process of modding!)
Fender 2x12 Deville
Marshall 1960 (V30's)
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson SG Special
Fender 'Marcus Miller' Jazz Bass

My Band
Juturna

it wouldent be that hard if you know how to rout
dont listen to these guys anythings worth modding for the experiance
plus floyd roses always look badass on a les paul
it would be really easy on that guitar, actually. As long as you flush-mount it at least, recessed is a bitch on any instrument.
1978 Peavey T-40 -> Ampeg Micro-VR - > Ampeg SVT210AV + Ampeg SVT-15E
Quote by Rossmillertarn!
haha i mean something that style, like one that doesn't involve routing. i've seen trems that fit on where the stop bar goes aswell, but i can't remember who make em!

Are you thinking Stetsbar? they're really expensive for what they are
1978 Peavey T-40 -> Ampeg Micro-VR - > Ampeg SVT210AV + Ampeg SVT-15E
Quote by Das_Skittles
A Bigsby will go out of tune if you breath too close to it

Bollocks. I had one on a Epiphone LP Standard and it was fine. You can't divebomb, but that's for fags anyway.