Page 1 of 3
Earlier today I watched a documentary on the phenomenom of purity pledges, girls pledging to stay virgins until marriage. They had all these purity balls and stuff where the girls dress up and dance with their dads, who are the driving force for the whole purity thing. It's all a "religious" thing by fundamentalists.

Anyone else seriously weirded out this stuff? I mean these girls don't know anything about the outside world, and their dads put all these ideas about relationships and whatnot in their head. Most of the ideas are entirely made up and portrays every interaction with the opposite sex as evil.

The dads that really push these things on the daughters are pretty much borderline Joseph-Fritzl. Watch the dad around the 1 minute mark in the below video and you'll see why.

Here's a video on it that seriously creeps me out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgA6KFKDBQw

A link to a purity pledge website:

http://www.promforpurity.org/

Anyone else going "What the fuck?" at this? Are the dads being pervy or what? If you have daughter, how would you approach the subject of sex and relationships?
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
in fact this is really weird, but I can't say I'm really weirded out, I have seen and hear so much things like this by religious groups that I have lost the ability to get impressed by this kind of stuff.
Quote by Våd Hamster
Fuck yes you are the best poster ever

do you wanna hear a little piano composition I have just made?, I promise it don't totally sucks, you can hear it on my profile, any feedback would be really appreciated -C4C
Wow, that's ****ed.
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
Holy Crap.

I love you more than life itself.
yeh we watched a documentary on that in school, the religious studies teacher basically told us they where all insane
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
I have a daughter, and what weirds me out is the thought of her having underage sex with some teenage boy who doesn't give a flying shite about her feelings.
It weirds me out because I was once such a teenage boy, so I know how they think, and being her dad, I'm naturaly very protective of her.

But I wouldn't go as far as those guys. In the end, I have to respect that she's an individual with her own choices and mistakes to make in life. I can advise her based upon experience and hope that she takes notice of me but there's no way I'm going to lie to her and tell her that sex outside of marriage is evil.
Seems like those daddies diddled their dicks in their virgin daughters.
-------------------------------------------
Gear:

Guitar(s): .Shecter Tempest EXTREMEEEEEE
--------------Maton CW-80

Amplification: Randall RG75 G3
I came here for purity balls, but when i read it I was thinking spheres not dances.

I had no idea wtf was going on...
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
It's a sweet sentiment, wanting to hold that for someone you truly love. It should be something that the kids think of, not the parents telling them.

EDIT: The way they call virgins "pure" is making me uncomfortable.
>clicks video

Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Last edited by ErikLensherr at Sep 11, 2011,
meh, this stuff is weird and a bit over-the-top, but I do know people who voluntarily wear purity rings and such, and that I find to be okay
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
"Trans Princess". You're bitching over nothing, and you know it.
Quote by andyscoot
It's a sweet sentiment, wanting to hold that for someone you truly love. It should be something that the kids think of, not the parents telling them.

EDIT: The way they call virgins "pure" is making me uncomfortable.

Only because you're not one
"You're not hardcore unless you live hardcore"
I'm totally not weirded out by this. I too am not expecting to lose my virginity any time soon.
Quote by the_white_bunny
your just a simpleton that cant understand strategy apparently.

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles
Did that vid actually say that he took his daughter out for a date and give her a ring? If i was an onlooker i'd have probably thought he was a paedo or something.
Quote by uk.mace
This man is smart.

Quote by guitar-guy69
you spelt colors wrong

Tweet me bro.
Seriously though, this is pretty freaky and weird and utterly scary and extremely frightening
"You're not hardcore unless you live hardcore"
Quote by andyscoot
The way they call virgins "pure" is making me uncomfortable.

Agreed.
Losing one's virginity is simply an experience, it can be a good, bad or indifferent experience depending upon who you do it with or your mood at the time.

The first time you buy something from a shop is also an experience. That doesn't make someone who has never bought something from a shop 'pure' though, it simply makes them 'inexperienced'.
This is so creepy.
Quote by isabiggles
I'm totally not weirded out by this. I too am not expecting to lose my virginity any time soon.

It only counts if you go out on dates with your mom.
cat
Seems less like fathers keeping their daughters pure for Christ, and more like fathers keeping their daughters under lock and key out of jealousy.
El-Danny

Quote by americnidiot
You keep seeing songs like KoC, SMBH, and Hysteria showing up on games, but I want Micro Cuts on either Rock Band or Sing Star. I want to see numerous masses of kids staring at the tv wondering what the hell they're supposed to do.
If they were doing it out of their own free will I would understand and respect their decisions, but this just sounds like brainwashing to me.
🙈 🙉 🙊
At first I thought this was sick with a tinge of hilarity, until about 30 seconds in and they were all dancing with their daughters and were reeeeaaaaallly close and whispering in their ears and stuff....

That's just a little fucked up.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Fundamentalist Christians being sick fucks as usual

What a fucking surrrrprise huh
Quote by dann_blood
At first I thought this was sick with a tinge of hilarity, until about 30 seconds in and they were all dancing with their daughters and were reeeeaaaaallly close and whispering in their ears and stuff....

What do you think they were whispering?

"Honey, your thigh is brushing against daddy's purity balls."
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
This is weird. But not extremely weird. I was taught to stay "pure" till marriage, and I went on daddy-daughter dates. But never anything creepy like the ring or close dancing. I have to say the part in the pledge about "being a priceless gift to their husband" made me palm my face though.
Quote by Ian_the_fox
You're not girly enough of a boy for me, and you're not man enough to take the top. So like, sorry bitch but you ain't mine! Sorry.
How else can the "church" sell sex to kids?

The whole purity movement is the dumbest thing since vegetails.
Quote by FatalGear41
In the end, the only question is: what bass would Jesus play?

I think he's a Fender Jazz guy.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
I have a daughter, and what weirds me out is the thought of her having underage sex with some teenage boy who doesn't give a flying shite about her feelings.
It weirds me out because I was once such a teenage boy, so I know how they think, and being her dad, I'm naturaly very protective of her.

But I wouldn't go as far as those guys. In the end, I have to respect that she's an individual with her own choices and mistakes to make in life. I can advise her based upon experience and hope that she takes notice of me but there's no way I'm going to lie to her and tell her that sex outside of marriage is evil.

I think I'd be the same, but jesus christ the guys in the video... some of those girls are like 6 years old and their dads take them to these dances where they pledge they'll stay virgins until they're married. What. the. fuck. people.?.

Quote by dann_blood

The daddy-daughter dates should really set off some alarms to people.
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
I'll show them my purity balls, that'll change their mind.
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
Meh, all of the males posting here, I can almost guarantee that if you have a daughter you will seek to protect her with your life. You will not want her to give away her childhood and make the same mistakes you did. If you allow her to have sex, you'll probably be concerned that she uses protection etc.

But yes, virginity pledges are odd. Thankfully not very common in the UK however. I have met girls who are quite old and still virgins (mid 20s) and girls who are very young (13-14) who are not virgins. Fact of the matter being is, you generally do it when you're ready though I have been given the talk by a female friend on a night out that she regretted losing hers when she was about 13.
<--- This is Wally. Not Waldo.

Gear List:
Ibanez RG570
Fender MIA Strat (in black, HSS)
Godawful Marshall MG practice amp

My Youtube
My godawful blog
Purity promises and purity rings are all a bunch of crap. My church was trying to get everyone to do it. It's stupid. Making a 'pledge' to not do something isn't gonna help you in situations. You aren't gonna be half naked then say, 'oh i made a pledge, sorry'
Current Stage Gear
Ibanez 1987 RG550 Road Flare Red(66th one ever made)
HD500 Pedal
Bugera Vintage 22

Quote by metaldood91
Hi. Can someone tell me which guitars are real 24 fret guitars and which are just 22 fret guitars with 2 extra frets added on?
Shit is ****ed up. I watched a documentary about it when I was at school and one of the preachers compared having sex to sticking a dirty tooth brush in your mouth.

I can't stand when people take religious views and alter them into obscure, twisted versions. I'm oddly fascinated by it but it still fills me with a lot of confusion and anger. Speaking of religious fundamentalists, I'm really keen to see that new Kevin Smith film Red State.
Top lel.
Quote by Kensai
The daddy-daughter dates should really set off some alarms to people.

Especially when they get all handsy...

Quote by ErikLensherr
What do you think they were whispering?

"Honey, your thigh is brushing against daddy's purity balls."

Ohyou!.jpg
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Quote by Alucard817
How else can the "church" sell sex to kids?

The whole purity movement is the dumbest thing since vegetails.

To be vulnerable is needed most of all, if you intend to truly fall apart.

Quote by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.
Page 1 of 3