Hi guys!

I'm thinking about getting a distortion pedal to play metal, but I don't know what would sound nice with my amp/guitar.

I currently own a Blackheart Handsome Devil (15w tube) with a Harley Benton 2x12 Celestion v30 under it. Also recently purchased a new guitar: a Carvin CT6M ( real sweet guitar, got a real good deal for it, love it to death.).

Having recently spent most of my money on my guitar ( 't was a very very good deal, would have never been able to afford the guitar if I didn't buy it right then ), I can't exactly buy a better amp at the moment. Therefore, I was wondering if anyone here knows of a pedal that can give a nice metal tone with my gear.

I'm looking for an old In Flames / Kalmah tone, basically anything that packs a good punch when playing rhythm and still sounds smooth and clean when playing leads. Money isn't really a big problem, as long as it's 100 euros or less.

Thanks a lot!
Current gear:
Carvin CT6M
TC Electronics Dark Matter distortion
Harley Benton 2x12, with Celestion V30s
Laney Ironheart 60w tube amp
the mxr full bore will be all you need to get that kind of tone. there is so much gain on tap in that pedal that you can get a nice crunch with the gain turned all the way down. just run it thru a clean channel and you will be set
Quote by andrerist
the mxr full bore will be all you need to get that kind of tone. there is so much gain on tap in that pedal that you can get a nice crunch with the gain turned all the way down. just run it thru a clean channel and you will be set

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5sA5Ev3-b4

Posted this vid loads, the full bore sounds terrible...

^Vintage amp + Tube screamer wont sound metal.l.
Boss HM2?

No idea if and when you'll be able to find one.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Ibanez Jet driver JD-9
If you jump on YouTube, there is a vid demo of the Wampler through a devil and Emma electronics uses a devil in the vid of the pysudiwot(spelling?). That way you can hear two good pedals through your exact amp.
Quote by beckyjc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5sA5Ev3-b4

Posted this vid loads, the full bore sounds terrible...

^Vintage amp + Tube screamer wont sound metal.l.

most of the reviews you find on youtube are awful because they all scoop the mids out of the signal and it just sounds like boss metal zone (metal pedal by which all other shit pedals are compared). i would put up my own review of it but i don't have anyway of getting any good sound quality in a recording.

if you get the chance i would suggest trying one out because they get a bad rap because ppl eq them wrong. i run mine thru a totally clean amp. on the pedal my lows/mids/highs are all set at 3 o'clock, gain cranked, frequency at about 10:30, and output at noon. that is a great sounding, super saturated, ultra high gain setting. to really fine tune my tone i follow up the full bore with an mxr 10band eq where i boost the lows for a nice chug and the mids a little more to really help it cut thru the mix.

get yourself out to a shop and mess around with it, you may be surprised. but whatever you do, don't hit the mid scoop button. that is what makes it sound awful
Quote by andrerist
most of the reviews you find on youtube are awful because they all scoop the mids out of the signal and it just sounds like boss metal zone (metal pedal by which all other shit pedals are compared)

WIN!!
Originally Posted by ibanez_guru
ARE YOU TONE ******ED??????

Thats not a dig either, its a serious question!!!!!!!!!

Quote by gregs1020
well i did sit 5th row for the who in '82.

ears are still ringing a bit.