Page 1 of 3
Alright this is just a little trick I used, because i dont have a killswitch/killpot and im to lazy to roll down my volume. I have a Line Spider, and on 4 chanels, i dont used the insane. so I turned down every knobs on this channel, and now I have a killchannel.
and with the footswitch, silence is just a kick away.

PLEASE DO NOT BASH LINE6 SPIDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! mine is just 15w, so its kind of weak, but i love the sounds i can get outta this thing.
line 6 spiders are shit lolololololololol.....................but seriously they are, buy a new amp
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
You found a a setting on the Spider that is actually pleasing to people; silence....
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
STFU!!!!! I love em. XD so versatile :P and why i love em is because i dont have the money for a hundred pedals.
this thread.

Versatile at sucking at a lot of things isn't really a good thing, the only thing acceptable is the cleans.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
The entire Spider line sounds like a trashcan getting humped by a fire truck while it's in the garbage disposal unit.

Basically...
Quote by n1ckn1ce
In what way do you think it suck? tje insane does sound really bad, but other sounds are ok.

what do you mean in WHAT way

They sound bad, the distortion sounds so digital and unnatural it's not even funny

That's why they suck, because their BEST is "okay"

If you don't know any better then Spiders are fine, but for people who actually want great tones and distortion, Spiders are a joke, save for the valve series.
ಠ_ಠ

Quote by Tango616
this thread.

Versatile at sucking at a lot of things isn't really a good thing, the only thing acceptable is the cleans.

This. I have pedals for my distortion, and tend to run a flanger/delay on cleans, so I get on fine with my spider. If I needed it for distortion, it would have gone years ago. But I'm still working up to a valve amp, just for when I leave uni. I'm not taking anything more than a squier, an epiphone and my line 6 to my house with ground floor window access.
Dude, where's my band?
Quote by beckyjc
Roland Cube / Vox Valvetronix / Peavey Vypyr / Hitler > Line 6 Spider.

FYI.

Yes, you can have silence by kicking your line 6.
I have a Vypyr, no where near the best but still leaps and bounds better then a spider.

The funny thing is ALL of my distortion channels sound great.

Analog distortion FTW!!!!
Quote by FatalGear41
In the end, the only question is: what bass would Jesus play?

I think he's a Fender Jazz guy.
The only reason you think they sound good is because you don't know any better. They are made for beginners and so they sell well, because beginners probably couldn't tell a Peavey 6505 from a Roland Cube.

They do suck, and you think they suck; you just haven't realised it yet.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
^

Thats basically it. You haven't been able to compare it to anything. Go play a SLO and tell me the spider sounds good.

Anyway, I'm glad you figured out a good use for them, cause I tried a paperweight once, and damn it got tiring after a while.
Where's Waldo?
This time you will hate me....

I tried marshalls, jet city and peavey. didnt found what people love about them.
Quote by n1ckn1ce

I tried marshalls, jet city and peavey. didnt found what people love about them.

Well, it depends on what model you played. And I won't hate you, you are entitled to your own opinion.
Where's Waldo?
Quote by beckyjc

sigged.
Quote by Duv
And smack an open A chord and hold the body and see if it vibrates like a middle-aged woman's best friend.

Quote by guitarxo
I hope you get raped by a bayonet

Quote by beckyjc
In fact they do sound kind of weak. nothing serious, BUT.... Its just that i can have a thousand and more sounds with them and because at 15 years old, with no job and 20 per weeks for doing chores, i cant afford a hundred pedals.... So my next is a spider4 75w.

This time im getting banned. See ya :P
Last edited by n1ckn1ce at Sep 11, 2011,
Quote by n1ckn1ce

For the same reason you love the Line6. Your musical ear has not developed yet.

Quote by DisarmGoliath
Quote by n1ckn1ce
no job and 20 per weeks for doing chores, i cant afford a hundred pedals....

Lucky you. I get nothing for the chores I do. I never get any money, and my parents never buy me any gear. I have to save up for years before I can buy anything.
Where's Waldo?
Quote by n1ckn1ce
I dont love how it sounds, they just have a lot of sounds and effect in them.

I believe past you has something to say
Quote by n1ckn1ce

PLEASE DO NOT BASH LINE6 SPIDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! mine is just 15w, so its kind of weak, but i love the sounds i can get outta this thing.

Quote by DisarmGoliath
sorry, im french, what i meant is i love the fact taht i can many sounds, switchable with the footswitch. its more of a handy amp than a soundy amp, if you know what i mean. its a poor guy's amp.
Quote by n1ckn1ce
sorry, im french, what i meant is i love the fact taht i can many sounds, switchable with the footswitch. its more of a handy amp than a soundy amp, if you know what i mean. its a poor guy's amp.

I think what everyone is trying to say is that for the same price, you can get a Peavey Vypyr, which is so much better than a Spider, it's ridiculous. That makes the Spider a poor modeler. I don't think anyone is dumb enough to compare it higher end amps and expect it to hold up, but it's not unrealistic to expect it to compete with amps in it's price range.
Effects??? Correct me if I'm wrong but don't the vypyr, mustang, VT+, cube and orange crush have the exact same effects for the same price?

Meh, the cleans aren't very good on the spiders. I quite like the crunch but you have to play with the EQ on that setting quite a bit for it to sound pretty good. I still haven't gotten that good of a sound from my mustang.
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
NOBODY uses "hundreds" of pedals just to get a good tone, with what money you'd spend on "hundreds of pedals" You spend on a good amp, and you won't NEED all those effects, Sure the effects are fun to play around with, but that's all they're there for, I've yet to come across someone who uses all their effects in a bunch of their songs. Slight delay here, slight reverb there, maybe the odd odd odd flanger or something, that's about it.
ಠ_ಠ

Quote by Tango616

If you don't know any better then Spiders are fine, but for people who actually want great tones and distortion, Spiders are a joke, save for the valve series.

Even those are crap for the price.

Quote by ChemicalFire
For the same reason you love the Line6. Your musical ear has not developed yet.

Big +1 to this. I've seen it IRL. My friend loves his Spiders, and says he "doesn't like the tone of tube amps". It makes me want to gouge his eyes out, but tone development works both ways. SS digital crap sounds good to most beginners, because it tends to have more gain/compression than most tube amps. It just takes a while for people to realize that that gain sounds like shit.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Last edited by Offworld92 at Sep 11, 2011,
Quote by Tango616
I've yet to come across someone who uses all their effects in a bunch of their songs. Slight delay here, slight reverb there, maybe the odd odd odd flanger or something, that's about it.

Tom Morello

But seriously, you should not rely on effects for anything. Good tone comes from your amp, and effects just kind of are there to push it a little further in a time of need.
Where's Waldo?
You just need to actually trust us when we say save up for something good. These guys told me to buy an Orange rocker 30 combo, several months ago, to upgrade from the spider III i'd had for 3 years.

Never even heard of a rocker 30, yet I spent 400 quid on the thing.

... never looked back.

These guys know what they're talking about. I never buy anything without UG's approval these days. So listen to what they say.
My Gear -
Ibanez RG3EXFM1, Vintage Les Paul copy.

Orange Rocker 30 (combo)

Trying to trade/sell an Ibanez TS9 and an Ibanez GRG 170 DX
When I was younger I used to think they were the best thing ever. I never had enough money to buy one though, so I was stuck with a 30 year old Roland amp I picked up off of eBay.

I recently played through one and it sounded shocking. None of the pre-sets for songs actually sounded like they should. I can produce better tones from my 1987 Squier 15 and a DS1.
talking about amps...

So spider is shit. its total crap.

I need something to play in front of 300 people (50-75w needed) in march, with at least one clean sound and and two distortion(a rock fat muddy overdreive and a metal distortion). my budget is 300$CAN. it GOT to have a footswitch,or just a clean on the amp, and two different pedals.

What can I have for 300$? A spider IV 75w.

If you can find something better for that price, i'll bake you a hundred cookies.
I will sell you my rectum for 300$ and it will sound better than the spider.
based on what TS has said so far, I think he's either
1.trolling
or
2. musically inept
Quote by punk_rules_1997

Hi, I am looking for an amp setting close to the sound of bands like Black Veil Brides.

Quote by Eppicurt

Set everything to 12 o'clock.

Go from there.

lol

Jackson WRMG
Peavey Valveking 112
Pod HD300

Will buy guitars & guitar parts
PM me for info
Quote by n1ckn1ce
talking about amps...

So spider is shit. its total crap.

I need something to play in front of 300 people (50-75w needed) in march, with at least one clean sound and and two distortion(a rock fat muddy overdreive and a metal distortion). my budget is 300$CAN. it GOT to have a footswitch,or just a clean on the amp, and two different pedals.

What can I have for 300$? A spider IV 75w.

If you can find something better for that price, i'll bake you a hundred cookies.

3 words:
USED
VALVEKING
Quote by punk_rules_1997

Hi, I am looking for an amp setting close to the sound of bands like Black Veil Brides.

Quote by Eppicurt

Set everything to 12 o'clock.

Go from there.

lol

Jackson WRMG
Peavey Valveking 112
Pod HD300

Will buy guitars & guitar parts
PM me for info
Quote by Lord_Doku
The entire Spider line sounds like a trashcan getting humped by a fire truck while it's in the garbage disposal unit.

Basically...

Sigged
Using the Insane channel as a killswitch is the best use i have seen for a spider.
Quote by Jesse0315
Sigged
Using the Insane channel as a killswitch is the best use i have seen for a spider.

You either don't know how to sig something, or completely forgot that you said you were going to do that
Where's Waldo?
Page 1 of 3