Neither, if you're talking about Fender finishes. Aged Vintage White is the faded yellow-white color.

Olympic White:

Arctic White:

Aged Vintage White:

"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Well olympic is already slightly yellowed. I believe that aged yellow finish has nothing to do with the colour name but with the type of finish done on the paint. I THINK a nitro finished guitar would age better than a poly finished one but I'm not 100% sure.
Gear:
Fender CP Jazzmaster
Schecter PT Custom w/ Dimarzio crunch lab/liquifire
Marshall JCM2000 DSL+Orange 4x12
Orange Tiny Terror+Mesa Electra Dyne 2x12
Boss TU-2/NS-2/DD-6
Maxon OD808

MY BAND!
well apparently according to guitar center, if its a mexican strat the arctic white is more like the olympic white, i was just wondering did anyone else go through this?
arctic
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

Quote by direstraits80
well apparently according to guitar center, if its a mexican strat the arctic white is more like the olympic white, i was just wondering did anyone else go through this?

yeah, I came here to say that. My roadhouse strat is arctic white but it really is more of an off white like the olympic. The back plate of the guitar is pure white and up against the finish, the guitar looks almost yellow compared to it.
Quote by Robchappers
Ha ha love you to dude ;-)

Quote by fearofthemark
10/10 Slater is amazing

Fender Deluxe Roadhouse Strat
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Washburn D46S
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Fulltone OCD Overdrive
Boss SD-1 Overdrive
MXR M-148 Micro Chorus
Jet City JCA2112RC 20W
Just bought a mim Arctic white and it looks like the olympic white in that pic. Infact I think those pics are switched. Olympic white I thought was white white, arctic, a little faded.
Yamaha FG700S
LTD EC-1000 MGO
Agile 3k
Laney Cub 15w Head with 2x12 cab
Vox VT 20+
Olympic white is white with a tiny hint of blue in it. That way under regular sunlight and bulb light the blue coutners the yellow of the light and it stays looking bright white. Arctic and alpine white are pure white so they can look slightly creamier under most regular light. Both colours go more white over time. Poly finishes can take a decade or two to start going yellow. Nitro finishes start going yellow after just a year or two.
I used to own an Olympic white strat and it was much whiter when I bought it than it was 4 years later when I sold it.

I think I'm right in saying that olympic white goes that banana pudding colour after a while (much longer with urethane finished guitars than nitro).

This is a picture of a guitar from the mid 90s.

Arctic white seems more white-white to me.
Last edited by Duv at Sep 11, 2011,