Hi guys,

I'm working on a new project, and I'm looking for a good amp to play alt/rock. I'd like to get a tone that is similar to Dallas Green's tone (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taI2HG2oR9I&NR=1), but without purchasing a Morris amp, which is too expensive for me.

Recently, I've been looking at the Fender Hot Rod Deville (4X10 and 2X12) and the Vox AC30. Are they good choices? Better suggestions? I want an amp that as warm cleans and a good drive.

Thanks.
Get a fender hot rod deluxe the deville is too loud and more evpensive and the deluxe is just a beautiful amp ac30s are nice but In my opinion you pay for the fact it's an Ac30 where as the fenders sound better and are more versatile and cheaper
Hope this helps
+1 on the Fender Hot Rod. I've seen videos of him using a Hot Rod 4x10 before, so it's definitely possible to get a Dallas Green-esque tone out of one.
Hagstrom Swede w/Bare Knuckle Black Dogs
Peavey JSX
Avatar Contemporary 2x12 (Celestion V30/G12K100)
Boss TU-2 Tuner
Dunlop DVP1 Volume
JHS Sweet Tea
TC Electronic Corona Chorus
Boss DD-20 Giga Delay
Digitech Hardwire RV-7 Reverb
Thanks guys! I would have another question... is 650 C$ too much for the Hot Rod Deluxe (used)?
Can't help you there - but here in England they go from anywhere from £300 (bargain, currently a £250 one on gumtree) to the region of £500, depending on age and condition.

These amps are/were very popular, and have been for a long time. There is a very large used market for them, so if you hang around a bit and keep looking, you will be able to get yourself a bargain.
call me ziggy.