Hey UG, a teacher that I had for a bit had a strat with this thing on it, it was like a vibrato but only for the b string and the bar went back behind body and was located near the strap button. To use it you push your guitar to the left (or right if your are left handed) and the bar pushes against your side, making the bar pull back on the string. I don't really know to explain it better, do you perhaps know what this mechanism is called?

Thanks, Adam
Guitars
Washburn A20V 1981
Stagg SG300
BC Rich DLXJRVO
Ibanez Iceman
Jackson King V
Epiphone Special II
Epiphone Embassy IV
Martin D-16RGT
Ibanez EW20WNE
Hipshot B-Bender.
Quote by Boonnoo666
Another factor that has grown this myth is a bunch of opinionated guys who really don't know what they're talking about, which to be brutally honest is a bunch of you guys on here.
It is called a "Joe Glaser" B Bender. Joe Glaser is one of the Glaser brothers, an older country group. Joe has a shop in Melrose in Nashville Tennessee and installs them on your guitar. This is not an easy task and it is highly recommended a good luthier do it or have Joe do it. It is famous for Telecasters but they are installed on Strats also. You can google and /or Yahoo for more info.

ESP LTD RZK-600
4 Custom Strats
1 Custom Soloist (Warmoth)
1 Custom Telecaster (Warmoth)
2007 Jimmie Vaughan Sig Strat

Callaham Hardware & Bridges
Fender Custom Shop 69's
Dimarzio Breed Pickups

Blues Junior Amp
BlackStar HT Club 40 Amp
thank-you so much, it's been bugging me for over a year because I didn't know what it was called
Guitars
Washburn A20V 1981
Stagg SG300
BC Rich DLXJRVO
Ibanez Iceman
Jackson King V
Epiphone Special II
Epiphone Embassy IV
Martin D-16RGT
Ibanez EW20WNE
Quote by JohnnyNash
It is called a "Joe Glaser" B Bender. Joe Glaser is one of the Glaser brothers, an older country group. Joe has a shop in Melrose in Nashville Tennessee and installs them on your guitar. This is not an easy task and it is highly recommended a good luthier do it or have Joe do it. It is famous for Telecasters but they are installed on Strats also. You can google and /or Yahoo for more info.

this, you get them for other strings too, Brad Paisley has a G-bender installed in some of his guitars