So i believe it is almost 10 years since the currency became an actual bank note and coin, so im curious, are you glad with it? or upset with it?

i have heard of plenty of problems regarding it in the media, but would like to hear from some actual people who live in europe.

Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
We don't use it in Sweden, and I'm not really in a position to have an opinion.

What I know though is that it's really handy when travelling through Europe, which I've been doing a lot.
it's on the verge of collapse and that's all i know
Quote by ErikLensherr
It's threads like this that separate grammar Nazis from only mildly anti-Semitic grammar conservatives.
I find it very handy and comfortable. Makes it easier to travel. Also eliminates having many small currencies, which is a pain
Quote by goest
^Absolute. Uncompromising. 100% pure, fresh. Solid. Gold.

Quote by WCPhils
That might be my favorite shoop I have ever seen on here.

Quote by KnightBand
Yes! ****ing Yes! YOU LEGEND!!!
lol, euro.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Of course it's handy while traveling through Europe, it's also handy that it has been quite a strong currency. But on the other hand, they didn't ask us if we wanted to have it. The shoved it right up our... you know what! And because of the fact that it's a shared currency all of the country's participating are responsible for each others debts which at the moment really sucks.
Still have the good old Pound in England, but the euro has been very convenient during visits to mainland Europe, especially if you're spending time in several different countries.
i like £s, euros were uncomfortable when i went to cyprus
"I specialize in driving a set like I'm driving a Lexus" - Uncle Mez
I swear, I made a similar thread on this a while ago.

Well anyway, personally, I believe the euro will look different in 10 years.

I think some countries won't use it anymore (Greece for sure), and there's a possibility of the euro being split into a northern and southern one.

As a German I am rather peeved that we have to use our savings to bail everyone out, as are other Europeans. The southern states should never have been included and I still think this European Union is a stupid idea, yet not completely retarded.
Also, if Greece stepped out they could print more Drachmas and become competitive on the global stage.

But if they add Turkey into the euro, I WILL leave Europe.
Well i live in Spain and you might know that we're among the troubled countries.. i can only think of advantages (no need to change currencies when traveling; controlled inflation; support from stronger countries economically speaking like Germany or France; and many other extremely important things)
Spain was a very weak country, delayed by many years of dictatiorship, and the euro made it grow steadily and an amazing rate. we owe that to the euro.
its true the euro has many faults but i consider it to be better than worse.
Considering you can travel around almost all Europe without having to exchange currencies.. Euro is awesome.
Not sure if a sig is a necessity.
Its good for buying things in countries which only accept the Euro.
Quote by GabiSpain
Well i live in Spain and you might know that we're among the troubled countries.. i can only think of advantages (no need to change currencies when traveling; controlled inflation; support from stronger countries economically speaking like Germany or France; and many other extremely important things)
Spain was a very weak country, delayed by many years of dictatiorship, and the euro made it grow steadily and an amazing rate. we owe that to the euro.

but do you think its right for your country to rely so heavily on wealthier nations?
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Quote by frankie24
Of course it's handy while traveling through Europe, it's also handy that it has been quite a strong currency. But on the other hand, they didn't ask us if we wanted to have it. The shoved it right up our... you know what! And because of the fact that it's a shared currency all of the country's participating are responsible for each others debts which at the moment really sucks.

all countries had a vote if they wanted euro or not. countries like sweden, denmark and norway still don't.
Quote by goest
^Absolute. Uncompromising. 100% pure, fresh. Solid. Gold.

Quote by WCPhils
That might be my favorite shoop I have ever seen on here.

Quote by KnightBand
Yes! ****ing Yes! YOU LEGEND!!!
Quote by JimmyBanks6
but do you think its right for your country to rely so heavily on wealthier nations?

well we live in a globalised world. the stage at which a country depended upon itself was long gone. the us debt relies heavily of the hands of the chinese for instance. and spain well.. we're being bailed out by the germans!
and either way.. i prefer it that way. our politicians suck so.. better to be out of their hands! lol
Quote by GabiSpain

Yeah, Spain's economy has risen. Just like the Spanish unemployment rate. 20% now, is it?
Quote by Philip_pepper
Yeah, Spain's economy has risen. Just like the Spanish unemployment rate. 20% now, is it?

i assure you that without the euro we'd be at 50% now.
without the pressure from Berlin and Brussels our politicians would've kept on with their economic programme that led us into 20% unemployment you've mentioned. money has never been Spain's strong point (during the Empire we declared more than 20 times the bankrupt) and we still struggle with that it seems
Quote by GabiSpain
i assure you that without the euro we'd be at 50% now.
without the pressure from Berlin and Brussels our politicians would've kept on with their economic programme that led us into 20% unemployment you've mentioned. money has never been Spain's strong point (during the Empire we declared more than 20 times the bankrupt) and we still struggle with that it seems

You're in Spain, do you see any signs of recovery, or is it all doom and gloom?

I'm asking because I'm considering to move there when I graduate from uni but the economy and the financial situation is the only thing freaking me out a bit. The language not so much.
I live in Holland, we use the Euro and I don't know much about economic stuff and all but what I do know that it would be dumb for holland to drop the euro.
Quote by Drakathan
all countries had a vote if they wanted euro or not. countries like sweden, denmark and norway still don't.

We haven't had that vote in the Netherlands. Some people even started throwing cakes at politicians for that prank....
Quote by frankie24
We haven't had that vote in the Netherlands. Some people even started throwing cakes at politicians for that prank....

Neither did Germany.

Effin trolls.
Quote by Philip_pepper
You're in Spain, do you see any signs of recovery, or is it all doom and gloom?

I'm asking because I'm considering to move there when I graduate from uni but the economy and the financial situation is the only thing freaking me out a bit. The language not so much.

Spain is not recovering.. And the situation is worsening at the moment.. Once the elections are over we'll see what the current government has been lying about (the amounts of debt that Spain is really carrying over the shoulders) and then we'll see how it all goes.

This doesnt have to be the reason why you shant come over. It really depends on the region (Madrid is going well for example) and i can assure you that you can perfectly live here without any major complicacions if you're a qualified employee
Quote by GabiSpain
Spain is not recovering.. And the situation is worsening at the moment.. Once the elections are over we'll see what the current government has been lying about (the amounts of debt that Spain is really carrying over the shoulders) and then we'll see how it all goes.

This doesnt have to be the reason why you shant come over. It really depends on the region (Madrid is going well for example) and i can assure you that you can perfectly live here without any major complicacions if you're a qualified employee

Yeah, I guess you're right.

I was just near Malaga this summer and was shocked by how many places were for sale or for rent. Of course, that means it's a buyer's market, but it's still scary. Sure. Every country is going through the same thing, but Spain seems to be one level above everyone else.

Pero yo no quiero viver en Madrid.

Somewhere near the coast for sure. I'll buy you a pint when I get there.
I quite like it. It tastes like Kiwifruits.
SPORTING CLUBE DE PORTUGAL

"And the earth died screaming as I lay dreaming"
Quote by Philip_pepper
Yeah, I guess you're right.

I was just near Malaga this summer and was shocked by how many places were for sale or for rent. Of course, that means it's a buyer's market, but it's still scary. Sure. Every country is going through the same thing, but Spain seems to be one level above everyone else.

Pero yo no quiero viver en Madrid.

Somewhere near the coast for sure. I'll buy you a pint when I get there.

I live in madrid but in the summer i move to Marbella (Malaga) so yeah i guess you can buy me a pint. Lol
it's handy when travelling. as a motorcycle rider i go the my neigbouring country's a lot and without the euro i would need to have all kinds of different currency's on me.

but they made advantage of it as well. immediatly after the euro was introduced everything became more expensive. and prices just kept rising since. it used to be 30-40fr (€0.75-1) for a beer and now in touristic city's they dare to ask €2.5. not to mention food products.
Quote by jani92jani
I have two Euro coins that have Mozarts pick on them. My personal treasures

i have a homer simpson euro!

i win

yes i am serious.
Easier then carrying a bunch of bills in my wallet

Sucks its not doing to hot.

Edit:
Quote by jani92jani
I have two Euro coins that have Mozarts pick on them. My personal treasures

I'm super jellyfish
Quote by triface