Hey guys. So, I'm a completely self-taught musician both in terms of guitar and vocals. Now, I have a decent voice (It's soft but still able to get an edge on it). Granted, my pitches aren't the best, which is why I like to practice songs a billion times before I sing them in front of people.

My issue is this: At any given point in time, I'm either living in a crowded dorm or a house with my sisters and father. This poses an issue for me, because I get very nervous in front of anyone, however, when I feel I have the song down perfect, I'm fine. I can't bring myself to sing in my full voice while I'm in either of these two places, which kind of defeats the purpose of practicing.

Got any advice for this problem?
"This nightmare's gonna break me.
Please, Daylight, save me..."
Last edited by DaysofGrace at Sep 11, 2011,
Sing in the shower?
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
A home I can handle it, but when I'm at school, knowing that I have 10 people I barely know within hearing distance makes it really hard.
"This nightmare's gonna break me.
Please, Daylight, save me..."
I have the same problem. The only time I feel comfortable practicing is when I'm playing loud guitar along with music playing, to try and drown it out.

If you have a car you can park it somewhere isolated and just practice in there.
Same issue for me.. I don't like people to hear me practicing when I'm not comfortable with the song yet >.>

The only way I overcome this is only singing when no one else is home (and that isn't helpful on weekends when I need to warm up before band practice). I say singing in the car is a great idea if you have one (I don't D.