Hey guys,

I've been wanting to build a guitar for a long while now, and I've found some materials online that really inspired me. Here's what I've found so far:

Body: Guitar Fetish tele body, flamed maple on paulownia (?)
http://www.guitarfetish.com/Unfinished-Highly-Figured-Flamed-maple-Bound-Tele-Body_p_1255.html
Neck: Warmoth baritone tele neck
http://www.warmoth.com/Showcase/ShowcaseNeck.aspx?i=BTN399&Body=1&Path=Neck
Neck pup: GFS '63 tele vintage wound pro series
http://www.guitarfetish.com/63-Tele-Vintage-Wound-Professional-Series-Neck-Pickup-78K_p_2091.html
Bridge pup: haven't decided yet, but I do know that I want to put a bucker instead of a single coil. I'll probably coil tap it so I can get that single coil sound if I want though. Obviously I want a pup that can do cleans really well, but I also want something that can handle a lot of distortion. Nothing active either - I can't stand active pups. I'm considering a Duncan SH-4 JB or a Dimarzio D-Sonic, but I'm open to suggestions.

I'll get the rest of the hardware and electronics from Guitar Fetish. They seem to have a pretty good rep, and they're really cheap. I'm also thinking about installing a Guitar Fetish ModBoard, particularly the compressor. I'd have to add an extra pot to make it work, but I'm not too worried about it.
The build will start as soon as I have the money to start buying parts.
baritone tele
Stuck the second I saw these words. This sounds very promising: good luck!
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
In my opinion the best bridge pickup ever is Seymour Duncan's SH-13, better known as the "Dimebucker". It has these really soft and awesome cleans that sounds kinda jazzy. Then again, the distortion, well, bet we've all heard (on pantera songs) what it can deliver.
Quote by henrihell
In my opinion the best bridge pickup ever is Seymour Duncan's SH-13, better known as the "Dimebucker". It has these really soft and awesome cleans that sounds kinda jazzy. Then again, the distortion, well, bet we've all heard (on pantera songs) what it can deliver.

OT this looks to be really promising, but won't you have to adjust the bridge position and pickup cavities to compensate for the longer scale length?
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
Quote by henrihell

Dimebag's tone was shit, so I hope this isnt a serious response.
Ball Custom Mark I

Korg Pitchblack > Dunlop Crybaby wah > mODDball audio Green Bastard > Marshall GV2 Guv'nor Plus > EHX Holy Stain > MXR Phase 90 > MXR Carbon Copy

Jet City JCA20h
Epiphone Valve Jr.
Blackstar HTV212
Thanks for the responses guys. In answer to the scale question, it's my understanding that the Warmoth neck is a conversion neck that's designed to go into a body built for standard scale, so no repositioning is necessary.
Dimarzio D-Sonic is great for low tunings. It prevents that really flubby "boom" some guitars get on the low B.

Quote by Pat_s1t
I remember Das_Skittles made me rage hard.

Quote by WCPhils
I can't stand Das_Skittles everything he says makes me mad.

Quote by due 07
Skittles is the shit you cuntles. Slob on his knob.

My Band Youtube Channel Last.fm
Yeah, the more I think about it, the D-Sonic is definitely the best pup for what I'm trying to do. For the coil splitting though, I want to be able to choose either coil with a 3PDT switch, but I can't find a wiring diagram for this anywhere. Is this possible?
Quote by blaaargh
Yeah, the more I think about it, the D-Sonic is definitely the best pup for what I'm trying to do. For the coil splitting though, I want to be able to choose either coil with a 3PDT switch, but I can't find a wiring diagram for this anywhere. Is this possible?

I'm taking a slight guess here, but you could probably do it similarly to Brian May's switching system. Something like a combo of #2 and #4 on this page. Try posting in the Ultimate Wiring Thread.

Quote by Pat_s1t
I remember Das_Skittles made me rage hard.

Quote by WCPhils
I can't stand Das_Skittles everything he says makes me mad.

Quote by due 07
Skittles is the shit you cuntles. Slob on his knob.

My Band Youtube Channel Last.fm
not to rain on the parade, but im not convinced youll hear enough difference from one coil vs the other that its worth making another switch for it. youll get a much more distinct sound from out of phase or series vs parallel. but its user preference, up to you!
my webpage wiring sections have a lot on how to setup wiring stuff if you need something to reference. you can treat it as though you just have two single coil pickups (next to each other)
I also thought about doing a variable coil-split, but I don't have enough room. I'm already adding another knob for the compressor, and I'm not giving up my tone knob.
EDIT: It might work if I used a concentric pot for the volume and tone, however...
Last edited by blaaargh at Sep 12, 2011,
a friend of mine just built a baritone tele using a warmoth body/neck and GFS pickups (those single coil sized rail humbucker things I forget the name of) came out nice.
Gear:

Jackson dk2m
MIM strat
peavey jsx 2x12 combo
Recording King RDC-26
Digitch RP1000
Crybaby 535Q
So I was clicking around Guitar Fetish and I noticed that the body that I originally wanted is out of stock. Does anybody know how long they typically take to restock bodies, if they do at all? They do have a body with the same woods in stock, but it's finished in a way that I don't really like, so if they haven't restocked by the time I get the cash together I'll just get that one and refinish it, but I'd rather not go through that extra step if at all possible.