Afternoon, GG&A,

Tomorrow I am selling my Fender Frontman 212r and will be ordering my new Jet City JCA2112RC combo shortly after

However, I have a couple things I need to know, as this is my first tube amp.

1. The main thing I am sort of wondering about is the standby switch deal. From what I understand, before playing, I have to first turn the main switch for the amp to on and then flick the standby switch to the "standby" position, then after 30 sec. to 1 min. turn the standby switch to the "on" position to start playing. Is this correct?

2. I am also wondering what position to put the switches when I take a short break during a show, practice, at home etc.

3. The last thing is how to turn it off. Do I need to put the standby switch in the standby position so when I go to play again it's already there? Or do I leave it in the on position?

Sorry if this is asked a lot, I just don't wanna f*ck up my amp when I get it haha.

Thanks for any help.
Quote by Robchappers
Ha ha love you to dude ;-)

Quote by fearofthemark
10/10 Slater is amazing

Fender Deluxe Roadhouse Strat
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Washburn D46S
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Fulltone OCD Overdrive
Boss SD-1 Overdrive
MXR M-148 Micro Chorus
Jet City JCA2112RC 20W
1. Yes.

2. Standby.

3. You don't have to put the amp into standby when turning it off, but it's good practice because it mutes it. Some amps make a 'pop' when you turn them off right away, so putting it in standby will prevent that from happening. Just leave it on standby for 10 seconds before turning it off.

Also when you leave the amp on standby before turning it off, all you need to do is flip the power switch to turn it on again.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
1. Yes.

2. Standby.

3. You don't have to put the amp into standby when turning it off, but it's good practice because it mutes it. Some amps make a 'pop' when you turn them off right away, so putting it in standby will prevent that from happening. Just leave it on standby for 10 seconds before turning it off.

Also when you leave the amp on standby before turning it off, all you need to do is flip the power switch to turn it on again.

alright man thank you for clearing that all up for me, I just wanted to make sure I had everything figured out before I started using it. thanks again!
Quote by Robchappers

Quote by fearofthemark
10/10 Slater is amazing

Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Washburn D46S
Fulltone OCD Overdrive
Boss SD-1 Overdrive
MXR M-148 Micro Chorus
Jet City JCA2112RC 20W
when taking breaks you don't necessarily need to turn your amp on standby but if it's buzzing or giving feedback standby would mute the excess noise as stated before.
Current Gear:
ESP LTD MH-250
Ibanez rg470
Peavey ValveKing 112
Blackheart little giant head
2 homemade 112 cabinets
Boss SD-1
Depends on how long your breaks are. If its too long, keeping the amp on standby, just the heaters on, you may ibduce cathode poisoning.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
Quote by shredibanez24

1. The main thing I am sort of wondering about is the standby switch deal. From what I understand, before playing, I have to first turn the main switch for the amp to on and then flick the standby switch to the "standby" position, then after 30 sec. to 1 min. turn the standby switch to the "on" position to start playing. Is this correct?

The other guys are right. I would however just clarify that you don't power on and then switch to standby. Just make sure that it's set to standby before hitting the power on switch. This is why it's good to switch it on standby before powering off as it's already there and stops any speaker damaging pop!
@Reincaster

I'm just talking about short 5-10 minute breaks during practices or if I'm jamming at home and stuff.

@Dilberto

Yeah, I should have edited the OP. I don't know why I said it like that haha. I was planning on switching it to standby prior to turning the amp on, thanks for the reminder
Quote by Robchappers

Quote by fearofthemark
10/10 Slater is amazing

Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Washburn D46S
Fulltone OCD Overdrive
Boss SD-1 Overdrive
MXR M-148 Micro Chorus
Jet City JCA2112RC 20W
Standby gets overcomplicated when trying to describe it, so just follow this:

When you amp is off, your standby switch should be in the same position as off.

First thing you do is turn the power switch on. After a short while, turn the standby switch to the same position as the power switch.

Some amps have "standby" in different positions, some amps you have to turn the switch down to turn it on, as opposed to up, and it's just easier to follow the rule that standby comes after power, same positions.

To turn the amp off, just follow those steps backwards.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X