im a guitarist and drummer primarily, but play bass for a band. at the end of all our gigs, we finish of with feedback/white noise, and i know it seems an odd request as you usually want to get rid of it, ,but does anyone know how to achieve this cheaply and 'on tap' with a bass rig? i can do it really easily with my guitar rig but for some reason basses just dont seem to do it and i feel left out

cheers
Well, I usually turn my bass's volume to full, turn on both my distortion pedals and stand close to the cab. works wonders.
Gear:

Fender American Hand Stained stratocaster
Fender 72' Telecaster Deluxe FSR

Squier Vista Venus

Boss TU-3
Boss OD-3
Pro co Rat 2
EHX Big Muff Nano
EHX Small clone
Boss DD7
Hardwire Supernatural

Vox AC30cc1
Blackheart Little Giant stack
this. also, maybe install a series/parallel switch to switch your pups out of phase. the switch, along with blasting the bass, gain, treble, volume, and getting close to the amp will get some sweet noises. i find it easier to eff up a pa system haha i just put the mic next to my amp
My name is Greg, use it.

Sarcastic

Angry

Hopeful
Yeah get a high gain distoriton pedal (BOSS metalcore does the trick for me) get some high settings and feed back. I used to do it because there was no bass part and there need more noise in one of our songs while I was waiting