price paid: 130 USD
picked it up yesterday to use for tightening the sound of my 6505+ and i couldn't be more satisfied. i tried it against a ts-9, ts-808, a bbe boosta grande, a fulltone ocd, and some kind of electro harmonix boost, and a few i can't remember. it was no competition at all.
what really sold me on it was the addition of 100hz boost/cut and curve controls. it lets you dial in a bit more specific tone than an average tubescreamer clone. the 100hz boost/cut lets you add tons of low end to get really boomy palm mute chugs going.
the pedal has no noticeable added noise when turned on, although just like every other od/boost it makes the amp want to feedback at higher volumes but if you're playing high gain you should really have a noise gate too.
i use it with drive at minimum, level at max, tone at around 2:30 o'clock, 100hz at almost 3 o'clock, and curve at 1 o'clock. the sound is amazing, makes me question how i could like the tone of my amp before getting this.

edit: i use it for my crunch tone too. it sounds better than the amps built it crunch switch. i just keep the same settings for both uses.

the guitarcenter i bought it at really surprised me too. i told the rep i needed an od/boost for tightening my high gain tone and explained what tone i was going for and he brought every pedal i was interested in and a couple more over to the 5150 in the store set them down and just let me try them for myself without any hovering or anything. he checked up on a while later and i knew which one i was going to buy.

pics are coming soon, i'm not with the pedal right now but i'll put a couple up, promise.
my stuff:
schecter c-1+
ibanez rg3exfm1
schecter avenger 7-string with emgs
esp/ltd mh-50
peavey 6505+ 112 combo
tc electronic polytune
way huge green rhino
mxr micro flange
mxr smart gate
dunlop crybaby
Last edited by Goodtimes666 at Sep 11, 2011,
Hnpd
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

HNPD man. Good to hear a positive story/experience about GC salesmen too.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
HNPD!
I got one as well and I agree with just about everything you said.
It really made my Dark Terror come alive!
Things with strings:
Ibanez J.Custom, Prestiges, RG8, SR5 bass etc
LP's, Strat, Tele
Noiseboxes:
ENGL Retro Tube 50
5150 III 50W
Orange Terror Bass
thanks guys, this thing is a beast.

Quote by Shor
HNPD!
I got one as well and I agree with just about everything you said.
It really made my Dark Terror come alive!

yea they really are amazing pedals, i think one day they might make ts-808s obsolete how do you like the dark terror btw? i've been looking into heads and i did like the sound of the tiny terror.
my stuff:
schecter c-1+
ibanez rg3exfm1
schecter avenger 7-string with emgs
esp/ltd mh-50
peavey 6505+ 112 combo
tc electronic polytune
way huge green rhino
mxr micro flange
mxr smart gate
dunlop crybaby
Quote by Goodtimes666
thanks guys, this thing is a beast.

yea they really are amazing pedals, i think one day they might make ts-808s obsolete how do you like the dark terror btw? i've been looking into heads and i did like the sound of the tiny terror.

I love the Dark Terror. I find it to be really varied as far as what tones you can get as long as you couple it with an OD-pedal and crank the volume.
I got a 10 band EQ with it as well just to be able to fine adjust everything to my liking.
It's got great cleans (in my opinion anyway), and it has more gain than you'll ever need. It's a little bit chunky though like you might expect, so I haven't been able to get any great super smooth leads from it yet, but I'm sure they're in there...somewhere... again... it's really really flexible as far as what sounds you can get out of it I think. Just got to show it some love - and by love I mean cranking it
Things with strings:
Ibanez J.Custom, Prestiges, RG8, SR5 bass etc
LP's, Strat, Tele
Noiseboxes:
ENGL Retro Tube 50
5150 III 50W
Orange Terror Bass