Certain ways that songs are sung that never gets out of your head...

Page 1 of 2
Here are some of mine:

Paramore - Misery Business:

When Hayley sings: "innocent as possible to get to who" it always sounds like she's laughing at the end of that line

Guns N' Roses - Knockin' On Heavens Door

This is probably an obvious one... but whenever Axl sings "door" it sounds like "door war" every time.
This will start a RIOT! in me
The way Tom Verlaine sings anything on Marquee Moon. It's fantastic.

Did you feel low?
No
Huh?!
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Led Zeppelin, Stairway to Heaven

just the way he sings the whole thing, always in my head when i think about the song, nothing specific about it yet its so specific.
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
I seldom memorize how songs are sung, I much more memorize how some parts in instrumentals feel or how the melody goes.

EDIT: But now I'm on this thread, Shinedown - 45 "And I'm staring down the barrel of a 45" and Dio - Holy Diver.
Last edited by Miiiiks at Sep 11, 2011,
In "Fight 'Em Til You Can't" by Anthrax, that "I'll end you" part is stuck in my head.
Quote by uk.mace
This man is smart.

Quote by guitar-guy69
you spelt colors wrong

Tweet me bro.
Quote by Miiiiks
I seldom memorize how songs are sung, I much more memorize how some parts in instrumentals feel or how the melody goes.

EDIT: But now I'm on this thread, Shinedown - 45 "And I'm staring down the barrel of a 45" and Dio - Holy Diver.

i liked shinedown back then,

then they turned into nickelback copy band version 6 and sold out with shitty lyrics and bland instrumentals
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Quote by JimmyBanks6
i liked shinedown back then,

then they turned into nickelback copy band version 6 and sold out with shitty lyrics and bland instrumentals

I love most of their songs off The Sound Of Madness and Leave A Whisper. I'm happy Denmark doesn't play any rock on radios at all. I think I saw Linkin Park - Bleed It Out (to the thread topic, there's another set of lyrics I can't get out of my head whenever I hear the song name) on MTV about 4 years ago. That's the only time there's been anything other than pop over here I think.
tom waits singing little drop of poison, the way he sings "she always had that little drop of poiiiiison" is awsome.
In The Hellcat Spangled Shalalala by Arctic Monkeys when Alex sings "She's got a telescopic hallelujah hanging up on the wall", I always think he's about to sing "She's got a telescopic calender"
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

'scuse me, while i kiss this guy.

and when Chris Barnes sings I Cum Blood, and it sounds like "rrararggarrbargrr!"

and when John Gallagher sings and it sounds like "ruh ruh ruh ruh!"
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Last edited by theogonia777 at Sep 11, 2011,
Under my umberella ella ella eh eh eh

**** that song, but it gets stuck in my head.

Same with Airplanes by Hayley Williams. The way she says "stars" irritates me, but it gets stuck too.
In Point of Disgust by Low, when she says "and we fall hard, we fall fast, mercy me; it'll never last". http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4izoTTkhcw

That whole album is creepy as hell, though. I love it. They just have excellent production on the vocals, and they fit right it.
they're coming to take me away
ha-haaa
Something something silver spoon,
Little baby blue and the man in the moon

Whatever song that is, the way the last part of that is sung is stuck in my head. Also if someone knows the name of the song it'll help haha, that part i wrote is in the chorus. It's about a father and his son, someone must know it.
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
Last edited by bass-man9712 at Sep 11, 2011,
Rebecca Black's "Friday." Just the way she says "Friday"... it plays over and over in my head!
Also, how she says "getting." She says "ge'in down of Friday."
All the way from Palm Springs, just out of detox.
Show him a warm welcome, let's hear some applause
Quote by bass-man9712

Whatever song that is, the way the last part of that is sung is stuck in my head. Also if someone knows the name of the song it'll help haha, that part i wrote is in the chorus. It's about a father and his son, someone must know it.

Cat in the Cradle and the silver spoon, little boy blue and the man in the moon.
Cat In The Cradle by some geezer. I think those are the lyrics.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Tiny Tim's songs...
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: Pink Floyd

#Ziggy2017
Thunder Road, The River- Springsteen. Especially when he goes "And those memories come back to haunt me!" gave me chills.

I liked him until I heard those songs.

Then I absolutely loved him.

281-330-8004, that's my cell phone number, hit me up on the low
I get Protest the Hero songs stuck in my head all the time. I think it's because they always have that big chorus at the end that is really catchy.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Weezer - No One Else

The way Rivers accents some words always sticks with me
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
Quote by bloodshed344
Any Alice in Chains song with Layne Staley.

Something about his vocal harmonies with Jerry Cantrell was so unique. I've never heard another band come close... except SikTh?! Yeah, SikTh.

As much as I love Alice In Chains...sometimes it bothers me is they used the exact same harmony all the freaking time.
Quote by moscaespañol
Thunder Road, The River- Springsteen. Especially when he goes "And those memories come back to haunt me!" gave me chills.

I liked him until I heard those songs.

Then I absolutely loved him.

YES YES YES.

There are so many Springsteen pronounciations I have to do when playing his songs. Even facial expressions.

No Doubt/Gwen Stefani. I wouldn't love No Doubt half as much, especially their first two ska/punk albums, if Gwen didn't have such a crazy way of singing certain words. I copy her, too.
The Funeral- Band of Horses, that distinct kind of expressive cry of his voice in the softer opening.
Fuel- Metallica, the rash hoarse agressiveness to James Hetfields voice.
Music is my refuge.
I can crawl into the space between the notes and curl my back to loneliness.

Currently have this well and truly wedged in my head.

Something about autotuned melodies have that habit of being unavoidably catchy.
Most Coheed and Cambria. Also alot of Kezia by Protest The Hero, and Four Year Strong. Owl City, too.

Also the Eva EVAAAA part of Eva The Carrier by A Skylit Drive.
Arms Of Empire
^ ^ ^ Band I am involved in ^ ^ ^
Please check it out? ;D

Axe FX II + EBMM JP6 + Jackson DK2S
Quote by BigBigWater
Most Coheed and Cambria. Also alot of Kezia by Protest The Hero, and Four Year Strong. Owl City, too.

Also the Eva EVAAAA part of Eva The Carrier by A Skylit Drive.

I can't help but sing along to every single song on Kezia while I'm driving

I must look like an idiot.

EDIT:
Quote by carnagereap666
The way Ivan Moody sings the "Play your war games. With other peoples lives. It should be you, on the front line!" In the song "No One Gets Left Behind."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gcV5xMLFcY&feature=player_detailpage#t=82s

This is also a really good one. I think Ivan is a great singer, I don't get all the hate on 5FDP.
Last edited by TheAbsentOne at Sep 11, 2011,
Always get the live version of "Sleep Through the Static" stuck in my head when I listen to the studio verison.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
La Dispute - Damaged Goods

"You had my hand in your hand,
You had my lip in your teeth,
You had my heart on your sleeve,
You had a chance to breathe."
"He said 'Go out and get me my old movie stills,
Go out and get me another roll of pills,
My hand's shakin', but I ain't got the chills,
I'm so f*cked up, bleyearrgh'"
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Quote by bass-man9712

(Invalid img)
Quote by devourke
La Dispute - Damaged Goods

"You had my hand in your hand,
You had my lip in your teeth,
You had my heart on your sleeve,

You had a CHANCE TO BREATHE"

Fixed

Anyways for me it's the part of White Blank Page with the SWELLING RAGE
MGMT's 'The Youth'.

"The youth, is starting to change-uh, are you starting to change-uh, the youth, together together together..."

Love that song.
Page 1 of 2