Does that brand of the cab really make a difference? Or just the type of speakers? ( Example: Does every cab with (let’s say) Vintage 30 speakers sound the same?)

And what are some other speakers (besides vintage 30s) that are good for some modern metal? The guitar player in my band played out of a cabinet with mesa black shadow speakers and they sounded great! (which got me interested in finding out about other speakers now!)

Thanks very much everyone!!
Different brands means different construction which means different sound. Two different cabs with the same speakers may sound very different because of how they're constructed.

Open back vs. closed back, baltic birch vs. voided plywood, types of joints, how tight the sealing is, ported vs. non-ported, etc. make a huge, huge difference to the sound of a cab.

G12K100s are good metal speakers, as are V30s, G12T-75s, and Greenbacks in some cases.

Not every amp will play nice with every speaker. It's important that you get speakers that complement your amp nicely. Therefore, V30s can sound shit with one amp and great with another.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
Different brands means different construction which means different sound. Two different cabs with the same speakers may sound very different because of how they're constructed.

Open back vs. closed back, baltic birch vs. voided plywood, types of joints, how tight the sealing is, ported vs. non-ported, etc. make a huge, huge difference to the sound of a cab.

G12K100s are good metal speakers, as are V30s, G12T-75s, and Greenbacks in some cases.

Not every amp will play nice with every speaker. It's important that you get speakers that complement your amp nicely. Therefore, V30s can sound shit with one amp and great with another.

Just to add to this, a common configuration for 4x12s is an X pattern with V30s and G12K100s. Works fantastically with most modern metal with the right head behind it.
Quote by Kevätuhri
Hail isn't too edgy for posts, posts are not edgy enough for Hail.

Quote by UseYourThumb
You win. I'm done here.
Yea, be very conscious of you speaker choice, my amp (peavey 6534+) does not play nice with blackshadow speakers, which unfortunately is pretty much all i got right now. So make sure you amp. And speaker work well together, as well as tge speaker suiting the sryle of music if that makes sense