What would you even use such a thing for...
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
I'm not sure, I know they have converters that go the other way, but I'm not too sure about that.

EDIT: Sorry, I got the 2 sides confused. Yes they exist, I have one.
Last edited by phayzze at Sep 11, 2011,
Quote by ChemicalFire
What would you even use such a thing for...

Plugging an MP3 player into an amp, or plugging a guitar into a computer (a bad way to do it)...

Check Radioshack or an electronics store, they should carry them.

Or just type in 1/4" to 1/8" adapter on amazon.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
Plugging an MP3 player into an amp, or plugging a guitar into a computer (a bad way to do it)...

Check Radioshack or an electronics store, they should carry them.

Or just type in 1/4" to 1/8" adapter on amazon.

You'd use a Jack to Headphone converter for plugging an MP3 player in, not the other way around.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
thanks for the help guys! I'm it using for a band project. I have a couple of software synths on my computer, and I have a MIDI keyboard. and basically the keyboard is the controller for the software synths on my comp, and I want the converter so I can run the synth out of my amplifier.
They sell them at Guitar Center. Might be cheaper at Radioshack. Or you can get one from China on ebay for like $1.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
My favorite one is the Grado 1/4" to 1/8" converter. It's used to connect expensive home stereo-style headphones to portable electronics. It puts a few inches of cable between the jack and the plug so that the jack you're plugging into isn't directly supporting all the weight of a 1/4" plug with converter attached. They're usually around $15.
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by Commodore123
thanks for the help guys! I'm it using for a band project. I have a couple of software synths on my computer, and I have a MIDI keyboard. and basically the keyboard is the controller for the software synths on my comp, and I want the converter so I can run the synth out of my amplifier.

Hang on here, what kind of amp?

If it is a guitar amp and you are sending a line out or headphone signal to the input you are first at the wrong levels and second the output from the computer is stereo and you are going into an instrument input.