I have an autographed guitar and have been playing it for a year and noticed the autograph is really starting to fade. I read somewhere that Taylor guitars takes in autographed guitars and brushes a clear coat of something over it. But, my guitar is an electric and not Taylor. Would guitar center help me restore the autograph or is there a solution i can buy? I really don't want to mess it up anymore!
Paint clear nail polish over it. Should have done that when you first got it.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Basically This ^

But you can use lacquer and the like.

Curious, who's signature is it?
Where's Waldo?
Nail polish would be hard to get smooth and if it's raised up it'll likely chip off. Buy some clear gloss spray, either poly or nitro depending what finish the guitar has, and give it one light mist coat just over the signature then do another regular coat and buff it a little. It'll blend right in and protect the signature for as long as the guitar's finish lasts, which should be decades.
Quote by Offworld92
Paint clear nail polish over it. Should have done that when you first got it.

This. Also love your C&C quote in the sig(person I'm quoting".
hey grohl, the signature is with a silver sharpie on the black piece of plastic that screws over the batteries for the active pickups which is on the back where the paint job is all black. Which spray gloss should I use?
Quote by Dio10101
This. Also love your C&C quote in the sig(person I'm quoting".

Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X