I just started playing again, about six months ago. I need to know a few songs that are pretty much picking only and for beginner to novice level. Anyone know some real simple stuff so I can get some picking practice?
I'm just gonna assume you mean all kinds of picking.

Downpicking- most Ascendancy-era Trivium riffs, apparently the entire Master of Puppets album (Metallica)
Alternate Picking- Racer X/Paul Gilbert - Technical Difficulties, King of the Monsters.
Economy Picking- I can't really advise, I don't like using it

I know you asked for simple stuff, but you can slow these down to a suitable speed with Guitar Pro and they'll still be just tough enough to allow improvement

EDIT: If you're really into alternate picking like I am, I'd highly recommend grabbing a copy of Chops From Hell/Rusty Cooley's "Art of Picking"
Last edited by SilverSpurs616 at Sep 11, 2011,
try some weezer riffs, they're pretty simple picking songs. the ones that do use picking anyways. some of them are all chords but lots of them have some simple picking riffs. examples:
if you want me to,
beverly hills (solo)
pork and beans
Quote by SilverSpurs616
I'm just gonna assume you mean all kinds of picking.

Downpicking- most Ascendancy-era Trivium riffs, apparently the entire Master of Puppets album (Metallica)
Alternate Picking- Racer X/Paul Gilbert - Technical Difficulties, King of the Monsters.
Economy Picking- I can't really advise, I don't like using it

I know you asked for simple stuff, but you can slow these down to a suitable speed with Guitar Pro and they'll still be just tough enough to allow improvement

EDIT: If you're really into alternate picking like I am, I'd highly recommend grabbing a copy of Chops From Hell/Rusty Cooley's "Art of Picking"

Ummmm, per chance are you poking fun at me? Or was that really serious? I think perhaps your definition of beginner picking stuff is a tad bit different than mine. Metallica? Well, I did go look at a few from Master of Puppets, I think Kirk's job is safe from me for today... Anyway, thanks for trying. Anymore ideas guys? And I reiterate, EASY picking stuff, single note kinda stuff, u know, for a NOOB!
Quote by arnolddrummer
try some weezer riffs, they're pretty simple picking songs. the ones that do use picking anyways. some of them are all chords but lots of them have some simple picking riffs. examples:
if you want me to,
beverly hills (solo)
pork and beans

D/L'd two of those, couldn't find "if you want me to". The two I looked at are more like what I need. Thanks.