Poll: EG vs One
Poll Options
View poll results: EG vs One
PRS SE EG
14 64%
PRS SE One
8 36%
Voters: 22.
Alright, I have a build on the way, and I'm stuck. I dont know what look I should give it. I wanted to give it a PRS One style, but in green, but lastly i saw the prs SE EG (basically, its a PRS Srtat copy.) This build is intended for 90's grungy/Punk rock (Nirvana, Green day, bush, that stuff..) so i have the choice of either a PRS strat(HSS), or a PRS les paul jr(P90). BTW, what I have right now is a neck thru mahogany base. The wood is glued into a T shape, if tou know what I mean.

PRS SE EG

PRS SE One
I'd say the One, but rear route the knob, get rid of tat nasty pickguard.
Where's Waldo?
Quote by n1ckn1ce
Sorry, the One is coming with a pickguard, otherwise the guitar would look empty...

List of random things that you can easily add while only having one pickup:

Tone Knob
Killswitch
Depending on what pickup you put in:
Coil Tap
or
Out of phase switch
Where's Waldo?
Do a One. They're sick.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Quote by Natrone
Do a One. They're sick.

If you are supposed to put "an" instead of "a" when a vowel comes after, wouldn't that have to be, "Do an One". That doesn't sound right at all.

I have no idea what compelled me to say that...
Where's Waldo?
Quote by chadreed32
List of random things that you can easily add while only having one pickup:

Tone Knob
Killswitch
Depending on what pickup you put in:
Coil Tap
or
Out of phase switch

phase change with one pickup will do nothing on a p90. unless youre using a humbucker?
you can do a decent amount with one humbucker.

series IP
series OOP
parallel IP or OOP
coil cut
Last edited by xadioriderx at Sep 12, 2011,
Quote by xadioriderx
phase change with one pickup will do nothing on a p90. unless youre using a humbucker?
you can do a decent amount with one humbucker.

series IP
series OOP
parallel IP or OOP
coil cut

I always thought it might work with one of these, but I've never tried.

Where's Waldo?
Last edited by chadreed32 at Sep 12, 2011,
and i still dont get why people build guitars that are already built.
if im gonna spend time and money and effort making a guitar, im gonna make it my own...
why not take whatever you like about both and put them together, and anything from anyt other guitar you like. that way you have exactly what you want, not just what some company decided to make...
Quote by xadioriderx
and i still dont get why people build guitars that are already built.
if im gonna spend time and money and effort making a guitar, im gonna make it my own...
why not take whatever you like about both and put them together, and anything from anyt other guitar you like. that way you have exactly what you want, not just what some company decided to make...

Seriously, you might end up spending more money on building that than you would on the real thing, and you will most likely end up with less quality, as you will most likely end up messing up.

Build something that's a mixture of both of the guitars.
Where's Waldo?
I've done the math, with the right parts I save for both. I just love both of these, and i am a sucker for PRS. so its either one of these, but i cant decide

EDIT:

Quote by chadreed32

WTH, like four coils?
Last edited by n1ckn1ce at Sep 12, 2011,
Quote by n1ckn1ce
I've done the math, with the right parts I save for both. I just love both of these, and i am a sucker for PRS. so its either one of these, but i cant decide

How much is it going to cost you?
Where's Waldo?
Have already paid 70$ for fignerboard/nut/trussrod/side dot, now i still have 80$ from GFS if I build the one and 140 from GFS if I build the EG. and another 40$ from stewmac.
Any PRS SE are starting at 400$ USED.
And if I buy any of these models, I wont have the proudness(?) to say that I build it.
Quote by n1ckn1ce
Have already paid 70$ for fignerboard/nut/trussrod/side dot, now i still have 80$ from GFS if I build the one and 140 from GFS if I build the EG. and another 40$ from stewmac.

So a total of $330? You'd be saving a total of 150 or so. Meh.

They guitar I want to build is going to run me about 900, depending on if the quality of Quilted Maple I go with (AAA vs AAAAA)

I say just build a combination, but apparently you have already started according to the thread in your sig so just do what you planned.
Where's Waldo?
Quote by chadreed32
So a total of $330? You'd be saving a total of 150 or so. Meh.

They guitar I want to build is going to run me about 900, depending on if the quality of Quilted Maple I go with (AAA vs AAAAA)

I say just build a combination, but apparently you have already started according to the thread in your sig so just do what you planned.

He's building what he wants, I don't see why you give a shit.

I'd be inclined to go for the EG, but I'm a sucker for HSS. Although there's nothing quite like a P90. Either way you'll end up with a pretty badass guitar
Quote by fleajr_1412
You have amazing taste in men.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
Quote by n1ckn1ce
no, not 330$. Either 190$ for the One or 250$ for the EG.

My bad, added the 80 and 140 toghether. Math fail.

Quote by Dopey_Trout
He's building what he wants, I don't see why you give a shit.

This is a forum. He came here asking for opinions. That was my opinion.
Where's Waldo?
BUT, on a practical point of view, what would suit best for the style i intended building it for? Grunge, 90's rock, (pop?)punk, that stuff. Setup will be dropped D.

EDIT: Also, I have to throw a bit more money for the trem if i do the EG (~50 max).

Does anyone know where i can buy the wilkinson WVPC/WPC6 trem? the side housing is reminescent of a true PRS Trem. I really want to keep the prs look :P
Ha, for the side dots? sorry, i wont^^ just plain white plastic.... Altough i love what you did on you explorer
I'm not a big fan of either, but the One looks so much better than the EG.
Ball Custom Mark I

Korg Pitchblack > Dunlop Crybaby wah > mODDball audio Green Bastard > Marshall GV2 Guv'nor Plus > EHX Holy Stain > MXR Phase 90 > MXR Carbon Copy

Jet City JCA20h
Epiphone Valve Jr.
Blackstar HTV212
Quote by n1ckn1ce
BUT, on a practical point of view, what would suit best for the style i intended building it for? Grunge, 90's rock, (pop?)punk, that stuff. Setup will be dropped D.

EDIT: Also, I have to throw a bit more money for the trem if i do the EG (~50 max).

Does anyone know where i can buy the wilkinson WVPC/WPC6 trem? the side housing is reminescent of a true PRS Trem. I really want to keep the prs look :P

Sorry for reposting this, but its probalby the most important thing i need to be able to maybe one day make up my mind.. The EG would be pricier to build, but so much more versatile. i woulnd wire it standard:this on the ''tone'' knob, with a true bypass push/pull, a coil split for the bridge humbucker, and a kill switch. In the end, the EG will probably reach 300$... but the One would be done for cheaper, and it will be finished faster. really, cant decide...