Haven't been in the UG forums in forever. Oh the memories.
So I finally got a new guitar, a Schecter Damien Elite Avenger FR. Considerable improvement over my old Ibanez GRG170DX.

I'm worrying about a gig bag though. I know schecter makes hard shell cases for their avengers, but those are so damn bulky and a pain to carry around. I may buy it eventually, but until then does anyone know some good gig bags that fit the avenger body shape? An old thread here suggested a bag for BC rich warlocks might fit. That or a bass gig bag. Anyone have any suggestions? Or if there's a more compact hard shell case that would fit the avenger that would be ideal, like an SKB case.
coffin case?
Quote by Duv
And smack an open A chord and hold the body and see if it vibrates like a middle-aged woman's best friend.

Quote by guitarxo
I hope you get raped by a bayonet

Quote by beckyjc
Roland Cube / Vox Valvetronix / Peavey Vypyr / Hitler > Line 6 Spider.
Quote by ethan_hanus
The one that fits your guitar? I just threw it out there, because they are water proof, and totally epic.

Hahaha
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
XD Would be more epic if you could tell me which one fits my guitar. They do look awesome though.
Quote by nirviathan
XD Would be more epic if you could tell me which one fits my guitar. They do look awesome though.

If I had that google thing, I'd use it on you right about now.

A quick google of Gator led me to this...the Gator hardcase web site, which has a search function to find the exact case that fits your guitar, by brand and model, which yours was in there..

Any of these will fit it.

http://gatorcases.com/Default.aspx?Section=Search&Page=SearchResults&mode=manufacturer&manuid=Ibanez&Product=GRG170DX&length=0&width=0&height=0
Quote by ethan_hanus
The one that fits your guitar? I just threw it out there, because they are water proof, and totally epic.

Actually would you happen to know if their lightweight cases were waterproof as well?
Quote by nirviathan
Actually would you happen to know if their lightweight cases were waterproof as well?

This I do not know, but you can contact them through email and find out.

Idk if it was just a specific model of case they had, but I remember it specifically advertised as being water proof. Plus, my friend has a hard case one for his LP model, and it is water proof, has a huge multi sided rubber gasket all around the case, was pretty epic.
Get the Schecter hardshell. I have them for both of mine, worth every penny.
Quote by a_hub10
Get the Schecter hardshell. I have them for both of mine, worth every penny.

I will at some point, but for now I'm looking for something that's easier to carry around.
Quote by nirviathan
I will at some point, but for now I'm looking for something that's easier to carry around.

You won't find a hardshell made by any other brand that will fit the avenger near as well as the schecter case. I believe schecter makes a gigbag for it as well if you have problems finding one.
update: so I emailed schecter about their electric guitar gig bag, here's what they had to say about it:
"Thanks for your interest and support of Schecter Guitars. While the Damien Elite Avenger FR will fit in the guitar gig bag the fact is it is a very tight fit due to the body shape and likely to get damaged. I would recommend either getting the bass gig bag or perhaps having a look at another brand of gig bag. "
So I think I can assume any bass bag should fit it quite nicely...?
Quote by nirviathan
update: so I emailed schecter about their electric guitar gig bag, here's what they had to say about it:
"Thanks for your interest and support of Schecter Guitars. While the Damien Elite Avenger FR will fit in the guitar gig bag the fact is it is a very tight fit due to the body shape and likely to get damaged. I would recommend either getting the bass gig bag or perhaps having a look at another brand of gig bag. "
So I think I can assume any bass bag should fit it quite nicely...?

That would make sense. Bass guitars usually have huge horns, thus larger body parts of the bag. So yeah, any bass bag would prolly work.