Hey everyone, Figured this is the place too ask this question and get a good answer.

So, I am looking too get an entirely new setup going. I sold all my gear before I joined the Marines, And now that I have downtime I want too get back into it.

I used too use

Peavey 6505+ Head
Marshall Silver Jubilee 4x12

Schecter C-1 Hellraiser. EMG81/85 Floyd etc etc

Then I switched too

Marshall DSL2000 Head
Same Cab

Fender 60th Anniversary Strat

If you couldnt tell, I switched genre's completely. I want too get back into the Hardcore / Metal music. I need opinions on the best Amplifiers / guitars out there for the music I want too play, I want too resemble a Killswitch Engage / As I lay Dying / A Day to Remember.

I want too switch from Schecter too Jackson Guitars, I heard the SL2H Soloists were nice. But im pretty open too anything, The only things I look for in a Guitar thats a must have are EMG 81/85's or SD JB / 59's, and It has too have an Original Floyd Rose.

Amplifier wise it has too be Tube, And maybe a Combo since I will be moving every now and then.

Any advice would be great, as far as Price is concerned, I want too stay under 1,000$ for the Amplifier, and under 2000 for the Guitar.

- Thanks,
RJ
US Marine Corps - PFC - 2311 - Jackson / Fender
Quote by RJSmith209
I want too switch from Schecter too Jackson Guitars, I heard the SL2H Soloists were nice. But im pretty open too anything, The only things I look for in a Guitar thats a must have are EMG 81/85's or SD JB / 59's, and It has too have an Original Floyd Rose.

Amplifier wise it has too be Tube, And maybe a Combo since I will be moving every now and then.

Any advice would be great, as far as Price is concerned, I want too stay under 1,000$ for the Amplifier, and under 2000 for the Guitar.

- Thanks,
RJ

Can I ask why it has to have those pickups? They are pretty different sounding pickups too. I'm curious...
I don't know the prices, but is an esp in your budget? I love the Horizon II personally...
Also, why 1000 for amp, 2000 for guitar? A better amp is probably more beneficial tone wise then a better guitar
RIP Gooze

cats
I totally agree with mulefish, but if you are looking at Jackson, any of the Soloists are amazing guitars. Some of the cheaper Soloists are REALLY lightweight. As far as amps go, a JCM900, a Krank Revolution One, and an EVH 5150 are great alternates to a Peavey 6505. In fact, these are probably better amps than the 6505. It's up to you, but I'd be leaning more towards the JCM900 or 5150 and a Jackson Soloist from the X series (much cheaper, good performance and quality). Check Jackson's website about the X series guitars.
Look for a Peavey JSX. it will do your hardcore stuff just fine, but will also be versetile in case you ever switch genres again.

Edit: Also for a guitar try and find something you can play comfortably and can play really well. With your budget im sure you can find room to buy some EMGs if you want, or you could look into some Bare Knuckles or something.
Last edited by guitarpatrick66 at Sep 11, 2011,
Quote by SSampuser68
I totally agree with mulefish, but if you are looking at Jackson, any of the Soloists are amazing guitars. Some of the cheaper Soloists are REALLY lightweight. As far as amps go, a JCM900, a Krank Revolution One, and an EVH 5150 are great alternates to a Peavey 6505. In fact, these are probably better amps than the 6505. It's up to you, but I'd be leaning more towards the JCM900 or 5150 and a Jackson Soloist from the X series (much cheaper, good performance and quality). Check Jackson's website about the X series guitars.

peavey 5150 = peavey 6505
Do you mean a fender 5150 III or whatever it's called?

JCM900 get a bit of stick. Most people like JCM800's with a boost better
RIP Gooze

cats
feel free to unleash a shitstorm on this comment but why not go say a bugera amp head an cab an then youll have monies spare for the higher end guitar.
for the bands you want id say a 6262
Sorry i'm late, but my walk has got terribly silly today
You had it right the first time. It doesn't really get much better than a 6505+ for the tones you want.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X