Page 1 of 6
Sup people.

This thread started because i was having an argument with a friend about a band called freezepop, she loves them and when i heard them i thought my ears had caught cancer or something, i just couldnt listen to them.

So what bands make you feel tje same way??

(i know there are prob millions of threads like this, but fook it)

Thanks guys
You are part of the rebel alliance, and a traitor.

Lots of metal bands.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
I don't get 90% of my facebook friends' obsession with lil' wayne. There were about a 100 statuses from everyone I had on there the day his new 'mixtape/album' leaked.

edit: Also, Avenged Sevenfold
NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
You are epic my friend ;-)
Quote by RU Experienced?
At this point I'd be more surprised if you found me a Christian children's entertainer that didn't sodomize and eat kids.
Last edited by GibsonMan321 at Sep 11, 2011,
i dont get my band
Music is a universal language and it need not be translated, with it soul speaks to soul.
The punk genre as a whole really.

Don't get it mang.
██░▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒████████▓▓██
▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░▒████████▓▓
▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░▓█████▒██▓▓
█▓▒▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░▒▒▓██▒▒▒██▓▓
██▒▒▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒█▓▒▓▒██
▓█▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒░▒█▓░▒▒▓▓██
▓▓▓▒██▓▓▓▓▒▓██▓▓▓▒▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒░▓▓▓
I'll agree with Lil Wayne.

Also: Primus, Asking Alexandria/BMTH, Sublime, The Beatles, Brokencyde, and last but not least ICP.
The whole dubstep and DnB thing. I mean, hearing a song is cool or w.e, but it all sounds pretty ****in similar.

Why you would listen to that shit for more than 20 minutes at a time is beyond me.
Quote by drop-dead666
You're a retard, read Scourges posts. There is already a system folder, why do I need a system32.
Quote by axethrower13
The whole dubstep and DnB thing. I mean, hearing a song is cool or w.e, but it all sounds pretty ****in similar.

Why you would listen to that shit for more than 20 minutes at a time is beyond me.

idk, man, I could listen to stuff like this all day: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgadDtqDe8w

EDIT: And this, when the beat comes in: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4wdv5EfMnM around a minute in
Quote by The9
Sup people.

This thread started because i was having an argument with a friend about a band called freezepop, she loves them and when i heard them i thought my ears had caught cancer or something, i just couldnt listen to them.

So what bands make you feel tje same way??

(i know there are prob millions of threads like this, but fook it)

Thanks guys

Freezepop are one of the shittiest synthpop bands.

And back when Guitar Hero was popular, everyone LOVED that one song by them.

There's much better synthpop out there.
some bad ____-core bands......the good ones are great but the bad ones are just noise
I haz gotten gud
yeah ill go with Lil Wayne... his "songs" sound like a retarded neanderthal trying to make basic sentences with a drumtrack or something in the background. Other than that, i can pretty much get everything else. I'm very musically open to everything except lil wayne rap and whatever the hell brokencyde is. And 4 chord songs that drag on and make me want to shoot myself.
Quote by Weaponized
Joy Division. I mean wtf guys

It took me almost two years to get into Joy Division. Yeah, I had to try really hard.

They're an acquired taste.
Angus and Julia Stone.

Also, Avenged Sevenfold. I can understand why people like them, but not why they're THAT popular.
Check out my Black/Death metal band!
galadh.bandcamp.com

Quote by StewieSwan
I had unprotected sex with an underage, pro-life, christian girl. Beat that.

Quote by Holy Katana
It took me almost two years to get into Joy Division. Yeah, I had to try really hard.

Why would you listen to a band you didn't enjoy for 2 years?

There's a lot of modern music that I don't like and listen to just because I like to keep up with it, but I don't know why people go to such extents to try to "get into" a band.
Quote by jetfuel495
idk, man, I could listen to stuff like this all day: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgadDtqDe8w

EDIT: And this, when the beat comes in: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4wdv5EfMnM around a minute in

Yeah man, I listened to the first song as of yet. It was chill for the first couple minutes. But by the 4 minute mark I switched back to the tab to see how long was left, just very repetitive and steril.

Listening to next link....

Edit: Yeah, its not out right bad. Like its not something I hear and immediately go "wtf is shitty shit?" But I just don't get it, does absolutely nothing for me.
Quote by drop-dead666
You're a retard, read Scourges posts. There is already a system folder, why do I need a system32.
Last edited by axethrower13 at Sep 12, 2011,
I "get" all bands. Whether I enjoy what they're doing or not is a different matter.
PM me for newts
Quote by RU Experienced?
Why would you listen to a band you didn't enjoy for 2 years?

There's a lot of modern music that I don't like and listen to just because I like to keep up with it, but I don't know why people go to such extents to try to "get into" a band.

Because the way they were described made it sound like I'd like them if I tried.

It's not like I listened to them constantly for two years. I just gave them a chance every couple of months and they didn't click for a long time.
I sometimes get Sonic Youth.

I don't get Grateful Dead or The Smiths.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by Holy Katana

Nah, it took me like one time through Unknown Pleasures to get them.

It took me forever to "get" My Bloody Valentine, though.

I don't think Sonic Youth do anything that's really hard to "get".
Quote by neidnarb11890
Nah, it took me like one time through Unknown Pleasures to get them.

It took me forever to "get" My Bloody Valentine, though.

Totally the opposite for me.
Quote by axethrower13
Yeah man, I listened to the first song as of yet. It was chill for the first couple minutes. But by the 4 minute mark I switched back to the tab to see how long was left, just very repetitive and steril.

Listening to next link....

Edit: Yeah, its not out right bad. Like its not something I hear and immediately go "wtf is shitty shit?" But I just don't get it, does absolutely nothing for me.

It's more of something you chill to, like having it running in the background I guess
Jetfuel495, double posts are against the rules. Now, I've not seen you out of control before, so I'm gonna let this slide as a warning.

But next time, I'm droppin' the bomb.
Quote by drop-dead666
Quote by jetfuel495
But it was so worth it, am I right?

Oh yeah, now I can't stop listening to My Bloody Valentine.
Quote by Holy Katana
I still don't get the hype surrounding Arcade Fire. I never have. Even when it was just hipsters who liked them.

OH YEAH this. But I sortof get them now. For 2 years I had no ****ing clue what was so special about them, but after some growage I bought Funeral and love it. Haven't figured out why yet though.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Classic rock cover bands.

Seriously.

For the last 20 years every rock radio station has been playing 70s and 80s rock over and over. Why do people want to form bands to play those songs they have already heard 500 times just in the last year alone. Why do people want to listen to those same songs over and over. Especially considering there's interesting new music coming out all the time that they miss out on.
Avenged sevenfold is a band although they do have some good songs i'd say... I don't get most hip hop nowadays like ya some of it is catchy but people go ape-shit over tht stuff and 90%is garbage. Also the big bands that put out new records and are hsit and people say they still got it... no they don't, they did once just leave it as it is.
GEAR:
Epiphone Les Paul Studio Deluxe
ESP LTD EX-360
Peavey VYPYR 30W

"There's nothing constant in the universe.
All ebb and flow, and every shape that's born,
bears in it's womb, the seeds of change".
Quote by DiaryOfJane
The Mars Volta. I try to listen sometimes, but I just don't get it.
I completely agree. No idea how to digest their music. I mean, I listen to some avant garde jazz and some other weird-ish stuff, but for some reason, Mars Volta doesn't it do it for me.

But with that said, I've never listened to them while I was high. And I mean this wholeheartedly: sometimes you don't get music until you listen to it high. *shrug*
Quote by Alkaline 64
Dream Theater, Areosmith and all those extreme metal bands.

But especially Dream Theater.

>Dream Theater and Aerosmith
>extreme metal

Pick one.