Page 1 of 2
Sup Pit,

Where do you see yourself in the future? Travelling the world, going to University, being the president, with my mum? Share what you think you'll be doing, and what you want to be doing.

What I want to be doing
1 year: At University studying Jazz
5 years: Getting a job teaching music
10 years: Chilling in my Music Teacher job for the next couple of years

What I think I'll be doing
1 year: Doing a foundation certificate because I failed college and couldn't get into Uni
5 years: At University studying Jazz
10 years: In the NZ Army because I couldn't find a job teaching Music (Not saying being in the Army is bad, half my family comes from a military background so I know how well the Army treats you)

Time to share Pit.
With a jetpack.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Last edited by lushacrous at Sep 12, 2011,
Well, you asked for it.

What I want to be doing
1 year: Working as a guitar tech for Jeff Beck.
5 years: Starring as the next James Bond villain.
10 years: Earning millions and gigging massive stadiums regularly.

1 year: Finishing a music BTEC at College.
5 years: Finishing another music BTEC at College.
10 years: Fixing dodgy toilets.
Quote by devourke
10 years: In the NZ Army because I couldn't find a job teaching Music (Not saying being in the Army is bad, half my family comes from a military background so I know how well the Army treats you).

*Sell out*
Quote by WantsLesPaul
*Sell out*

I wanted to join the Army from the age of like 5 - 12. Then I discovered music and it's the only thing I actually want to pursue further in life. I'd still dig joining the army though.
What I want to be doing
1 year: In a relationship, going to college, and writing songs
5 years: Gigging fairly regularly, have a decent fanbase
10 years: Be a mildly successful band with 3 or 4 albums out

1 year: Going to community college, single, and having writers block
5 years: Going to college, working a minimum wage job, have an album out online for free/optional pay.
10 years: In a relationship with someone I don't care all that much for, working a desk job, never playing any instruments due to lack of free time

I'm really hoping for option A.
probably gonna be an average software engineer/weekend guitar hero.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
probably gonna be into marketing again, hopefully gonna be making at least $1k per day again. that would be just amazing and the good news is that it's a definite possibility for me.
What I want to be doing
1 year: Second year engineering student at uni.
5 years: Finishing undergrad incl. co-op terms.
10 years: Being a huge douchebag yuppie with loads of cash and women.

1 year: Second year engineering student at uni.
5 years: Finishing undergrad incl. co-op terms.
10 years: Sitting in front of my computer browsing stupid forums and listening to music.
I dunno. Regardless, I'll probably make it work out. Hopefully I'll be a music producer, engineer, or surgeon. That'd be cool.
Probably working some lame job, instead of traveling the world. This thread is depressing...
Gear:
Gibson Explorer
Engl Savage 120
What I want to be doing
1 year: College (to start a band)
5 years: Gigging
10 years: Gigging

1 year: OD on pills
5 years: Dead
10 years: ZOMBIE
What I want to be doing
1 year: At a different university making friends and having fun
5 years: Travelling, meeting people, possibly getting my masters
10 years: After returning from my stint in the Peace Corps, finding a woman, having good fun times with friends, settling down and getting a steady job (what job, I don't know).

1 year: At the same university that i'm at now
5 years: Graduated from school trying to find a job teaching at my old high school
10 years: Teaching at my old high school, living a dull boring life.

The Pit has bestowed cynicism on all of us.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
What I want to be doing
1 year: Staring in the face of (un)death
5 years: Staying alive in my zombie-proof compound
10 years: Rebuilding society

1 year: Starting the last year of my BS
5 years: Wrapping up my PhD shit
10 years: Wondering why I'm still frequenting the Pit.
What I want to be doing
1 year: Finishing Highschool outside the sand box.
5 years: Graduating music college, preferably Berklee or MI.
10 years: Playing small gigs on the desperate note that I will someday make something of myself in the music business, without actually giving up.

1 year: Back in Syria.
5 years: Dead.
10 years: Still dead.
Want to be doing:
1 year: Studying at college, like I am now.
5 years: Doing extended psychological studies.
10 years: Not sure I'll last that long, but most likely have a dull job.

Will be doing:
1 year: Studying at college.
5 years: Getting work to survive.
10 years: Surviving.
they're coming to take me away
ha-haaa
Ideal:
1 year- staying in college, studying diligently, artistically prolific
5 years- in grad school, still studying diligently, still artistically prolific
10 years- I am the next Justin Vernon

More probable:
1 year- staying in college, studying diligently, artistically stagnant, but trying, dammit
5 years- in grad school, still studying diligently, become artistically prolific
10 years- entering a career in anthropology (my major), hopefully having written a good bit of music.

One year from now is pretty much identical to my life right now.
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
What I want to be doing
1 year: Travelling the world as an archaeologist, having a steady income and a great time digging up earth's history and fighting nazis. Also I'll have some symphonies finished and being played by orchestras.
5 years: Travelling the world as an archaeologist, having a steady income and a great time digging up earth's history and fighting nazis. Also I'll have some symphonies finished and being played by orchestras.
10 years: Travelling the world as an archaeologist, having a steady income and a great time digging up earth's history and fighting nazis. Also I'll have some symphonies finished and being played by orchestras.

1 year: Finishing my bachelor's in archaeology and maybe I'll be employed by the Swedish-Brazilian research project about indian tribes in the amazon, which is where I'll be going to in november.
5 years: After losing a fight and a few of my good men to the Heinrich A. Mannheimer I've taken up drinking as a way to numb the pain. My archaeology collegues try to comfort me as they've too been beaten by this mysterious foe. In a drunken moment I proclaim I'll have my revenge, in this life or the next.
10 years: Standing on Mt. Kilimanjaro's southern tip with Heinrich A. Mannheimer's glove in my right hand, watching him grasp for my hands as he plunges towards his death. In my left hand I'll be holding Ra's golden sickle which showed me the way to his hideout, and is the weapon he was looking for all these years. The weapon that could doom the entire world. I say "I guess the sickle finally found the sicko..." and throw the sickle down after him into the deep, cracked abyss where Heinrich A. Mannheimer plunged to his death. No one can use that sickle now.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai
1 year: Finishing my bachelor's in archaeology and maybe I'll be employed by the Swedish-Brazilian research project about indian tribes in the amazon, which is where I'll be going to in november.
5 years: After losing a fight and a few of my good men to the Heinrich A. Mannheimer I've taken up drinking as a way to numb the pain. My archaeology collegues try to comfort me as they've too been beaten by this mysterious foe. In a drunken moment I proclaim I'll have my revenge, in this life or the next.
10 years: Standing on Mt. Kilimanjaro's southern tip with Heinrich A. Mannheimer's glove in my right hand, watching him grasp for my hands as he plunges towards his death. In my left hand I'll be holding Ra's golden sickle which showed me the way to his hideout, and is the weapon he was looking for all these years. The weapon that could doom the entire world. I say "I guess the sickle finally found the sicko..." and throw the sickle down after him into the deep, cracked abyss where Heinrich A. Mannheimer plunged to his death. No one can use that sickle now.

There's a movie in there somewhere.
Eventually I'd like to be an intelligence analyst for one of the government agencies with a 3-letter acronym. That or some sort of expert consultant on Middle Eastern relations.

Next year I want to go back to university for either my masters degree in history, or possibly another bachelors degree in either International Relations or Middle Eastern Studies.
Livin in Santa Cruz, going skimboarding down at 26th Ave beach everyday, and studying physics.
The illegality of cannabis is outrageous, an impediment to full utilization of a drug which helps produce the serenity and insight, sensitivity and fellowship so desperately needed in this increasingly mad and dangerous world.
- Carl Sagan
In a ****ing grave, Ts.
Quote by Gabel
You are EXTREMELY WRONG! I have played it. I own an 18W and it would be an awful stereo amp, it's way too bright, breaks up too easily and so on. Secondly, why would a guitar store sell an hifi amp.
What I want to be doing
1 year: Don't have a clue
5 years: Don't have a clue
10 years: Don't have a clue

1 years: Don't have a clue
5 years: Don't have a clue
10 years: Don't have a clue

tl;dr i don't know
What I want to be doing
1 year: Finishing my degree, getting accepted for an internship, Getting better at music
5 years: Having my FE license, In a good Job, Being a pretty good musician
10 years: Having my masters, Hopefully married, with kids, Master musician, teaching my kids how to play

1 year: Finishing my degree, getting accepted for an internship, Getting better at music
5 years: Having my FE license, In a good Job, Being a pretty good musician
10 years: Having my masters, Hopefully married, with kids, Master musician, teaching my kids how to play

Never set goals and expect not to fulfill them. Set goals and make them happen. If you expect failure reality will not disappoint you. If you believe in yourself, determination will make you accomplish anything
Quote by Twist of fate
Why must the fat die young
In the future... hmmmmm... a f****** rockstar!!!!!!!!!!!!
"You're not hardcore unless you live hardcore"
Where do I see myself in the future????

In a mirror
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
What I want to be doing
1 year: at college making loads of friends
5 years: out of college
10 years: out of home.

1 year: at college, talking to myself
5 years: in college
10 years: still at home
Roses are red
Violets are blue
I write poetry
And it sucks.
What I want to be doing:
1 year: Finish first year of law school.
5 years: Travel for a year or so, see some of the country, just relax and enjoy life, eventually entering a law career.
10 years: Be a lawyer, hopefully love my job.

What I think I'll be doing:
1 year: Finishing law school.
5 years: MAYBE enter journalism afterwards.
10 years: Either be a lawyer, journalist, or be traveling.
What I want to be doing:
1 Year: Uni placement year abroad
5 years: Stable job, successful band
10 years: Own house, perhaps married.

What I think I'll be doing:
1 Year: Uni placement year in shitty business
5 years: Unemployment and general shittiness
10 years: Dead.
🙈 🙉 🙊
What I want to be doing
1 year: Finally entering the third year of my degree, putting the finishing touches to my novel.
5 years: Taking a year out to go to all the F1 races that year
10 years: Sitting on my piles of money from all my bestselling books, starting my political career.

1 year: Failing to get funding to finish off my course.
5 years: Slaving away in some awful job. Drinking and shagging lots.
10 years: Still working on that first book.
What I want to be doing
1 year: In my third year of University.
5 years: A Masters Degree
10 years: Sitting on piles of money being respected in the Audio Engineering field.

1 year: Third year of Uni.
5 years: Failing to find a job.
10 years: In debt and dead.
What I want to be doing
1 year: On my third year of college for electrical engineering. Have a girlfriend.
5 years: Moved to Seattle or Canada, and getting a job for an electronics company designing new products.
10 years: Living comfortably in a nice apartment in a city, with a girl.

1 year: Third year of college, alone as balls.
5 years: In Seattle with an apartment to myself trying to work for Microsoft.
10 years: In a suburb outside Seattle living in an apartment by myself.
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
What I want to be doing
1 year: Finishing end of school exams with confidence, getting ready to travel around America for a few months, gigging regularly.
5 years: Semi-successful with band, finished marketing degree, got a relationship going on.
10 years: Great success with band, happy.

1 year: Finishing end of school exams by barely scraping through, not doing anything the next year, not gigging much.
5 years: Second rate uni degree, shitty desk job, single.
10 years: Boring life that everyone else leads, indistinguishable from the rest of society.

pretentious small text, right justified signature
UG's professional coffee nerd
also UG's musical theatre nerd
roscoe's wetsuit
What I want to be doing
1 year: find a new job that has something to do with music
5 years: have a band and start gigging and produce albums
10 years: quit my job and make a living with the band, having loads of fun.

1 year: still working in a factory
5 years: working at a factory
10 years: more working in some f****** factory, getting liver transplants and sucking at life.
What I want to be doing

1 year: 2nd year of college, in a pre-med placement program, hopefully a research assistant
5 years: 1st year of PhD or traveling
10 years: Research-based job or traveling

1 year: 2nd year of college, no pre-med, research assistant but the one doing all the boring stuff like cleaning beakers and typing up data and blah
5 years: PhD-ing
10 years: Unemployed and forever alone
cat
Quote by vIsIbleNoIsE
probably gonna be an average software engineer/weekend guitar hero.

Same, but more than likely IT technician. It's easier to get a job there than writing software
Page 1 of 2