I want your advice on whether my finger positioning on the fretboard is proper. I try to keep my thumb placed on the top of the fretboad but sometimes it slides down.

Any othrer advice will be appreciated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMIczKk6lUU
Last edited by joey78 at Sep 12, 2011,
Well, for single notes, and just in general when you're not playing chords, you thumb should be somewhere near the middle of the neck.

Also, as a side note - you look really uncomfortable when you are playing. Try relaxing a bit, sitting down (or adjusting strap length), and try to pick from your wrist when playing the power chords and riffs and the like.
Where's Waldo?
Quote by chadreed32
Also, as a side note - you look really uncomfortable when you are playing. Try relaxing a bit, sitting down (or adjusting strap length), and try to pick from your wrist when playing the power chords and riffs and the like.

Hey mate thanks for this. I will work on that, I keep reading a lot of people talk about using the elbow to pick and I just can't do that. I think i use my fingers a lot more. I'll try and do it more from the wrist.
I tried changing position but I find the current one to the most comfortable for me.

I know most people have the guitar diagonally across the chest but I am just not comfortable picking or fretting in that position.