I know it's a topic thats been done so many times, but I'd like to state my claim.

We all know Ron McGovney was the best...NOT.
I'd have to put Cliff on top. He just has that awesome vibe to all his stuff that nothing can top. Anaesthesia is just groundbreaking stuff, the kind that made me pick up the bass in the first place.
After that I'd have to go with Jason. I love listening to his solos because they're more than just metal, its actual music, you know what I mean? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyPuaentPY nearly brings me to tears some times, its just so well thought out and comes together so nicely. Also, Jason wrote like every part for Flotsam and Jetsam's Doomsday for the Deceiver which is one of my favorite albums of all time.
Ill have to put rob at the bottom of the list. As much as i love what he did on Death Magnetic, he just lacks that awesome thrashiness that Jason and Cliff had live. He just kinda plays the part; Cliff and Jason would just fill/solo underneath the whole time like it was their job. And as for Robs solos, im not gonna lie theyre kinda lame. Ive seen metallica live and his solo was just him doing quarter notes and just tuning up the string he was playing every fourth note, kinda lame. Ive seen some of his other stuff and its good but just not that good
Cool story bro.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
no
Quote by Steve08
Acid probably makes you feel less like a hedonistic raver piece of trash, too.

Metallica thread

Nobody cares though
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.