Okay everytime i do a pinch harmonics it doesn't right. it sounded high pitch but not as high pitched as what i expected to be. cuz it sounded like the same octave like i pick the note.

Say for example the 6th fret. when i use pinch harmonics it sounded like the same 6th fret instead of the 18th fret.

HELP!!!
You can get different pinches from where you pinch the string, try closer to the neck or further away, towards the bridge.
Quote by luxeion
i keep asking my dad for wood. but he keeps getting annoyed (he's working on a house). and i'm too young to go outside.

There's a whole bunch of harmonics in the pickup area (Just like there are a whole bunch from the 5th fret to the headstock). You can get different pitches from the same note depending on where your right hand picks.

Why? You ask.

Well you know how you can do natural harmonics on the 5th, 7th, 3rd etc? Well, this is the same concept, just your fretting hand is moving where the "open" string starts. You'll have to find out where they are though.
There's a good chance that what I've written above is useless and if you take any of the advice it's your own fault.
Quote by PUNKSTER93
Okay everytime i do a pinch harmonics it doesn't right. it sounded high pitch but not as high pitched as what i expected to be. cuz it sounded like the same octave like i pick the note.

Say for example the 6th fret. when i use pinch harmonics it sounded like the same 6th fret instead of the 18th fret.

HELP!!!

Are you sure you're doing them correctly? If they're sounding the same pitch as the fretted note then you're doing something wrong I think...

Also, watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5j2AxGGmT-g
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
It may be that it's like your doing, what I like to cleverly call (not really) a half pinch harmonic thing. I know i've went for one and it wasn't a PH but it was the note with a little note and a small amount of harmonic to it. if your doing those downtuned low C PH's then try raising your action, because if the action is too high, it wont happen. and having some slack in the string helps as well. like if your trying to do that, in something like Standard tuning, with 11 gauge strings, Not gonna happen, at least for me. Having a nice lower tension, maybe 9 guages in standard, 10's in Eb and 11's in D standard and so on gives the lower notes and everything else a wider vibration when you hit it and it makes the pinch harmonics sound fuller and not as stiff if you had a higher tension.
I'm having the same problem. There is definitely a pinch harmonic there, but it doesn't scream like it should. I know about the different places on the string, how to hit it and all that. I've been trying them for about two years, literally. However, I did play Animal I Have Become once or twice, and that's in C standard I think. It has a pinch harmonic in it. I played that and it absolutely roared like it should. Sounded so strong and amazing. But in standard I can't. So I think that post above me might have something to do with it.