As the thread says, does the string tension on 9-46eb equals 10-52 in Db ?

Or in Dstd?

if not, then what would be a suitable, rather loose and bend-easy string set for Db tuning?

I'd like string tension like Ygnwie's preferably something like 8-48 in Eb, but I want to drop it down to Dstd or Db.
Well I play .10s in E std so its all preference really. I think its bendable. But its about tone as well.
there was some awesome calculator for that somewhere

edit: if you google guitar string tension calculator, there's plenty of results, you should be able to count desired tension (8's in Eb i guess) and then find what gauge you need for same tension in Db

can't really recommend anything else, since i play myself with 11's in E and Eb
Last edited by KorYi at Sep 12, 2011,
Quote by KorYi
there was some awesome calculator for that somewhere

edit: if you google guitar string tension calculator, there's plenty of results, you should be able to count desired tension (8's in Eb i guess) and then find what gauge you need for same tension in Db

Is this it?
Every thread i post in dies...
Thanks! but it seems to refuse "Eb" or "D#" note, I don't really know what should I write there <confused>
To enter a C sharp, type: Csharp

Seriously, the instructions aren't there for nothing.
E:-6
B:-0
G:-5
D:-6
A:-0
E:-3
I use the .10-.52 set for E std. Thinking I need .11-? for drop C#
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by MvAgusta
As the thread says, does the string tension on 9-46eb equals 10-52 in Db ?

more or less, yeah

edit: ah crap i misread your post. it'd be the same for half a step further down, so D.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
its all preference i use .10-.52 for standard and also for drop c and cmaj open etc.
Gibson SG Special Faded(Super Distortion/PAF Pro)
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
In 60 years, there will still be Opeth.
You know why?
Death ain't got **** on Mikael.
Just to point out (like no one knows already), its not only the tension that feels different, but the thickness.